49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 503 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by All22:
Adding Pearsall and Trent Taylor is a sign Kyle misses the "quick guys that create separation" WR core.
We moved to the "YAC Bros" WR squad because our QB had a quick release but couldn't throw deep.

We all know Shanahan must be a little envious of what McVay is doing with all those little guys.

Both Cupp and Nacua are 6'2".

and to me you watch Kupp when he was dominating it's his short area quickness, he'll put a move on another move and he's wide open even doubled, he gets open. the guy killed us. You got a guy with that skill set and Kyle former WR coaching him up, hopefully BA in house to learn from, and an accurate anticipatory thrower at QB
Only crappy teams draft a punt returner with a first round pick
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You sure how about that, Worthy was invited to a top 30 visit and talked to at the Combine. Sure that doesn't mean anything now, but you have to wonder why the Chiefs only jumped up three spots all of a sudden?

Well if KC did that to block the 49ers then they saved Kyle from himself. Worthy would have been another really weird pick that doesn't make a lot of sense in this offense.

Better yet, we tricked KC into paying for a trade, when we were never going to pick a WR that does not block. We've got two of those already in Gray and Beal, and they never see the field.
You sure how about that, Worthy was invited to a top 30 visit and talked to at the Combine. Sure that doesn't mean anything now, but you have to wonder why the Chiefs only jumped up three spots all of a sudden?

Well if KC did that to block the 49ers then they saved Kyle from himself. Worthy would have been another really weird pick that doesn't make a lot of sense in this offense.

Agreed. I thought Ladd had a chance to go here. IMO both him and Ricky have Emmanuel Sanders vibes. I guess Ladd has some injury issues.

I thought Ricky would go in the high 40s. If folks go look at who's drafted in the first 10 picks on day 2 you will see that a ton of them need a WR.

if SF can end up with one of the centers or Haynes/RR in RB2 I don't think anyone will be upset with our 1st 2 picks.

I got my eye on Sainristil as well.
I'm guessing this has already been shared but this is a great breakdown with Steve Smith
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Purdy to Pearsall gonna wreck this entire league

The Arizona Connection.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

We are picking at 31. How does that make one a crappy team?
  • thl408
If this dude can separate then Brock will be targeting him. His 3 cone suggests he has good change of direction and short area quickness so that checks out. He seems to have good hands and doesn't shy from contact.
Read some folks say he can't beat press because he's "only" 6'0. Beating a press CB off the line has little to do with size. If anything, having a larger frame gives the CB more surface area to punch and jam. Stefon Diggs, Devante, Antonio Brown, all 6'1 and under, all adept at beating press CBs off the line. Not saying Ricky is them, just saying it's not about body size.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by miked1978:
He was 47 on the consensus big board. He was a reach for sure but the more i see fans complainand pout the more i like the pick.

But is a "reach" of 16 draft slots really a reach? The 49ers next selection was at #63.

Yeah and like I mentioned fans need to look at the teams drafted top of the 2nd…most of them are in need of a WR big time.

Bills, NE, Titans, LAC, LV. Then you got Pitt and INY who aren't that far behind for an easy move up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I just think Shanahan wanted speed, something if they had in the Super Bowl they could've gave KC's corners a tougher time. But with that said, I would've hated the pick and I'm glad they chose Pearsall.

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
I said the same thing, and guess what, no one got the pick right. The only one who Mocked it correctly was Bill Belichick. Shanahan straight up went against the grain, which is another reason I think Worthy would've been the pick, he's never had that type of speed on this offense before. And you think the Chiefs traded up to 28 and didn't consider all the things you've mentioned. They just drafted a WR that can only run straight, you arm chair GM's need to do better.

Weird that one of the teams most in need of a field stretching WR passed on him and basically gave him to the Chiefs. All you arm chair GMs need to do better!

Watch Worthy burning the Bills in the playoffs. Big lolz will happen

Just weird, not sure who they wanted. But Samuel and Shakir not striking fear into the hearts of any defense.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

We are picking at 31. How does that make one a crappy team?

He's just a bitter fan who didn't get his way (we've all been there lol). I'm sure he will forgot about where he was drafted when he starts producing for us
They had better options at other positions. They could have waited then trade up for him. Hate how they always target a position.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rathof44:
I said the same thing, and guess what, no one got the pick right. The only one who Mocked it correctly was Bill Belichick. Shanahan straight up went against the grain, which is another reason I think Worthy would've been the pick, he's never had that type of speed on this offense before. And you think the Chiefs traded up to 28 and didn't consider all the things you've mentioned. They just drafted a WR that can only run straight, you arm chair GM's need to do better.

Weird that one of the teams most in need of a field stretching WR passed on him and basically gave him to the Chiefs. All you arm chair GMs need to do better!

Bills actually passed on a lot than just Worthy.
one thing I am hearing when we think about Pearsall, he's tight with Daniels who is now in DC and they have pick 36
Share 49ersWebzone