49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 518 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just think Shanahan wanted speed, something if they had in the Super Bowl they could've gave KC's corners a tougher time. But with that said, I would've hated the pick and I'm glad they chose Pearsall.

Ricky has legit speed. 4.41. Also had the fastest 3-cone for all the WRs and a 42" vert.

go checkout Emmanuel Sanders measurables. Damn near identical to Ricky. They play the same as well. Once I saw Morgan/D rob/worthy/Guyton go I was relieved..this kid can play.
Apparently Dieter Kurtenbach had been raving about Pearsall's film for monthes, and said he was a perfect fit for SF, but doubted they would actually take him.

Also, C.J. Stroud said until they got Diggs, Pearsall
was the WR he wanted most on HOU.

In our offense I think he could be legit.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
I said the same thing, and guess what, no one got the pick right. The only one who Mocked it correctly was Bill Belichick. Shanahan straight up went against the grain, which is another reason I think Worthy would've been the pick, he's never had that type of speed on this offense before. And you think the Chiefs traded up to 28 and didn't consider all the things you've mentioned. They just drafted a WR that can only run straight, you arm chair GM's need to do better.

Weird that one of the teams most in need of a field stretching WR passed on him and basically gave him to the Chiefs. All you arm chair GMs need to do better!

Bills actually passed on a lot than just Worthy.

Most glaring need for them by a mile. Samuel as WR1 and Shakir as WR2, and Josh Allen is your QB. One of the worst WR rooms in the league.
Originally posted by niners94:
They had better options at other positions. They could have waited then trade up for him. Hate how they always target a position.

Don't agree. I think Buffalo really wanted him and that's why they traded out after we picked.
  • exile
  • Veteran
To read this thread you'd think we were in the Dennis Erickson era. I don't understand the amount of negative energy on this board.
All the Aiyuk stuff this offseason has shown that the team has no plans to pay both Deebo and Aiyuk WR1 money. They have Purdy's massive payday to think about. So it makes sense to bring in a WR at the bottom of round 1.
I like the relative maturity this guy should bring as a rookie. Maybe that'll insulate him a little from the typical rookie WR vanishing routine.
Hopefully he can also play DB. lulz
They had better options at other positions. They could have waited then trade up for him. Hate how they always target a position.

They didn't. Lynch said they targeted four positions for the first round, so I'd say they took what they saw as the BPA among those four positions.
Texans probably traded out of their 1st, thinking they can get Pearsall in the 2nd!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I said the same thing, and guess what, no one got the pick right. The only one who Mocked it correctly was Bill Belichick. Shanahan straight up went against the grain, which is another reason I think Worthy would've been the pick, he's never had that type of speed on this offense before. And you think the Chiefs traded up to 28 and didn't consider all the things you've mentioned. They just drafted a WR that can only run straight, you arm chair GM's need to do better.

Weird that one of the teams most in need of a field stretching WR passed on him and basically gave him to the Chiefs. All you arm chair GMs need to do better!

Most glaring need for them by a mile. Samuel as WR1 and Shakir as WR2, and Josh Allen is your QB. One of the worst WR rooms in the league.

And how do you know they wanted Worthy? This draft is deep at WR, you act like this draft was over yesterday.

What all did Buffalo gain in the trades? Everything i saw was just pick swaps. Only thing that makes sense is they truly taking BPA and had very same grades on 5-6 players. So why not trade down if you like those players equally?
Originally posted by BOI49er:

They didn't. Lynch said they targeted four positions for the first round, so I'd say they took what they saw as the BPA among those four positions.

They say that but history says other wise. Joe Williams was a player they targeted, Kyle really wanted him. Just take BPA.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I just think Shanahan wanted speed, something if they had in the Super Bowl they could've gave KC's corners a tougher time. But with that said, I would've hated the pick and I'm glad they chose Pearsall.

Ricky has legit speed. 4.41. Also had the fastest 3-cone for all the WRs and a 42" vert.

go checkout Emmanuel Sanders measurables. Damn near identical to Ricky. They play the same as well. Once I saw Morgan/D rob/worthy/Guyton go I was relieved..this kid can play.

Never said Pearsall was slow and if anything, drafting Pearsall also gives me more vibes that if Worthy was there he would've been drafted by Shanahan.
Originally posted by exile:
To read this thread you'd think we were in the Dennis Erickson era. I don't understand the amount of negative energy on this board.
All the Aiyuk stuff this offseason has shown that the team has no plans to pay both Deebo and Aiyuk WR1 money. They have Purdy's massive payday to think about. So it makes sense to bring in a WR at the bottom of round 1.
I like the relative maturity this guy should bring as a rookie. Maybe that'll insulate him a little from the typical rookie WR vanishing routine.
Hopefully he can also play DB. lulz

yup shame on that idiot fan who was on the tv broadcast booing and doing the thumbs down routine, Pearsall at home watching his name called and first 49er fan he sees is booing with the thumbs down, how stupid
negative energy from ppl who probably watched zero of this young man play
Based on Stroud's reaction, he probably would have ask the management to pick him on their pick 42. So, Shany loves him and doesn't want to take a chance of trading down. What if Buffalo loves him at 32, and we traded down just for chump change. Purdy got a new weapon and create their own chemistry Incase we move on from one of our high priced WR. I like the pick!
Haha so reportedly SF was looking got the guy leaking info to some NFL insiders and they told some people they were going Cooper and a couple they were going Ricky. Once guys like Sliver reported it was Cooper they knew who was leaking info….interesting if true.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Never said Pearsall was slow and if anything, drafting Pearsall also gives me more vibes that if Worthy was there he would've been drafted by Shanahan.
Worthy really couldn't be any different than Pearsall. Worthy is slightly more accomplished Danny gray. Kyle didn't want that at ALL
Share 49ersWebzone