There are 245 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The worst thing about this pick is the RT, RG, and C are the biggest weakness of the team and the main reason they lost the Super Bowl. Not only did we not improve them at all, all the other teams in our division drafted defensive line. The 49ers Front office are stupid for not doing anything to improve a glaring hole. If they want to run right next year or give Purdy time to throw the ball without getting killed fix the right side of the asshats.
Originally posted by BP13:
I saw a comparison of Pearsall to Kelce. Not the size, obviously, but the wiggle. RG3 said this

Not really a good thing for a WR to have his agility compared to a TE
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by niners94:
They had better options at other positions. They could have waited then trade up for him. Hate how they always target a position.

I think they were targeting multiple positions but it also comes down to who is available. If Barton was around at #31 then I think he's a 49er right now.

I agree completely. It sucks sitting there watching the draft and seeing players that would be good for the Niners still on the board as the pick gets near. All of a sudden they start falling. All the teams in the back half start grabbing these players that are possible 2nd rounders because they fear they won' be there. By the time they get to the Niners pick 3 or 4 guys that may have been on their draft board are gone.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Only crappy teams draft a punt returner with a first round pick

But Shanalovers will say it was a genius move by the mastermind.

The worst thing about this pick is the RT, RG, and C are the biggest weakness of the team and the main reason they lost the Super Bowl. Not only did we not improve them at all, all the other teams in our division drafted defensive line. The 49ers Front office are stupid for not doing anything to improve a glaring hole. If they want to run right next year or give Purdy time to throw the ball without getting killed fix the right side of the asshats.

Who should they have taken at 31? What O lineman was sitting there that would have been a sure fire upgrade? The O linean that werfe there at 31 are still there. They can trade up to get one if there's one they like enough. Same for CB. They still need depth at LB and TE.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I saw a comparison of Pearsall to Kelce. Not the size, obviously, but the wiggle. RG3 said this

Good thing Kelce isn't really a TE then.

Seriously though, there's exceptions, and then there's EXCEPTIONS. Being compared to Kelce is the latter.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

A future hall of fame TE? seems like a good thing to me. RG3 certainly meant it as a compliment
[ Edited by BP13 on Apr 26, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just think Shanahan wanted speed, something if they had in the Super Bowl they could've gave KC's corners a tougher time. But with that said, I would've hated the pick and I'm glad they chose Pearsall.

Ricky has legit speed. 4.41. Also had the fastest 3-cone for all the WRs and a 42" vert.

go checkout Emmanuel Sanders measurables. Damn near identical to Ricky. They play the same as well. Once I saw Morgan/D rob/worthy/Guyton go I was relieved..this kid can play.

Never said Pearsall was slow and if anything, drafting Pearsall also gives me more vibes that if Worthy was there he would've been drafted by Shanahan.

maybe....

I really think RP was singled out for his rout running

With how much anticipation throwing as we get out of Purdy... I would suspect the 49ers were super high on guys who can get to land marks on time.

I dont think the 49ers have taken a WR that was lauded for their rout running as much as RP has been, I don't think any WR currently on the 49ers was considered to have the ability to run quick slants as well as RP is projected to be able to.

personally I think this is exactly what he 49ers needed, I posted all year about adding another high lvl rout runner....I would have never taken RP in the first though....so if this guy becomes the next Jerry Rice....I would have skipped the dude and ended up with the best available tackle or CB...

At least if we are disappointed in this pick, the dude does seem like a low risk pick, he does fit the team, and it does not take a lot of imagination to see how the 49ers will use him.

They have 9 more picks. They better take a lineman today.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Chance:
Three points of data that excite me:

CJ Stroud seemed kinda devastated we picked Pearsall. Was THE guy he wanted drafted.

Bill Belichick predicted the pick. BB knows this kid and Kyle are a match made in heaven.

Brandon Aiyuk called this pick fire. BA played with him and knows WR skills.

BB predicted the pick!? Really?! Have a link? I'd like to see that

Originally posted by Chance:
Pearsall dominated senior bowl week, which is another feather in his cap. I think we got a stud.

The guys hating on Ricky know nothing about him. They just didn't want a receiver.

Look, I get it. I wanted IOL or bpa DL. But RP is a very good football player and after seeing Carolina and Kc both reach for their receivers, it doesn't seem like RP was gonna make it to 63 and if we wanted him that bad, I understand it.

No issue with the player, especially considering the massive depth at OL in this class, so we very likely can still land a day one starter on OL here in day two.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2024 at 10:23 AM ]

Originally posted by BOI49er:
They had better options at other positions. They could have waited then trade up for him. Hate how they always target a position.

They didn't. Lynch said they targeted four positions for the first round, so I'd say they took what they saw as the BPA among those four positions.

They say that but history says other wise. Joe Williams was a player they targeted, Kyle really wanted him. Just take BPA.

Yeah, that's why they need to let Lynch do the drafting. Kyle just isn't very good at it.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
They have 9 more picks. They better take a lineman today.
Agreed, they need to take at least 2-3 imo.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Yeah, that's why they need to let Lynch do the drafting. Kyle just isn't very good at it.

When it comes to WR we drafted BA, Deebo, JJ, Gray, Bell. That's a pretty darn good track record. Kyle himself was a WR.
Originally posted by pd24:
Kelce has wiggle? Lol. Just looks bigger than everyone and can catch

Maybe wiggle is a bad choice of words but he was talking about having a knack for getting open across the middle of the field.
It takes a year for WRs to get up to speed in Shanny's offense, Jennings is going to be tough to sign and RP will step into his 3rd WR role
Share 49ersWebzone