There are 227 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What will help is there will be so much focus on 85, CMC, BA, etc. It will be tough for defenses to devote a lot of resources to Pearsall. Just one on one, or zone and find the soft spot in the zone

He's a man coverage beater which I really like. Especially after the SB...

Teams don't draft zone beaters in round 1. Round 1 is for drafting man beating WRs.

As a Gator fan I felt so sorry for him being wasted in their bad pass offense. How good he can be long term I'm not 100% on but he's gonna be much better in pros.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Only crappy teams draft a punt returner with a first round pick

But Shanalovers will say it was a genius move by the mastermind.

Grow up kid or at least get some new material
Originally posted by thl408:
Teams don't draft zone beaters in round 1. Round 1 is for drafting man beating WRs.

Round 1 is for Closers (or WRs who can close out games beating man).
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

As a Gator fan I felt so sorry for him being wasted in their bad pass offense. How good he can be long term I'm not 100% on but he's gonna be much better in pros.

Ya Gators QB was awful
The worst thing about this pick is the RT, RG, and C are the biggest weakness of the team and the main reason they lost the Super Bowl. Not only did we not improve them at all, all the other teams in our division drafted defensive line. The 49ers Front office are stupid for not doing anything to improve a glaring hole. If they want to run right next year or give Purdy time to throw the ball without getting killed fix the right side of the asshats.

They lost the Super Bowl for many reasons outside of OL play.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What will help is there will be so much focus on 85, CMC, BA, etc. It will be tough for defenses to devote a lot of resources to Pearsall. Just one on one, or zone and find the soft spot in the zone

Correct
i like it.

lol at the whiners.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The worst thing about this pick is the RT, RG, and C are the biggest weakness of the team and the main reason they lost the Super Bowl. Not only did we not improve them at all, all the other teams in our division drafted defensive line. The 49ers Front office are stupid for not doing anything to improve a glaring hole. If they want to run right next year or give Purdy time to throw the ball without getting killed fix the right side of the asshats.

Who should they have taken at 31? What O lineman was sitting there that would have been a sure fire upgrade? The O linean that werfe there at 31 are still there. They can trade up to get one if there's one they like enough. Same for CB. They still need depth at LB and TE.

They shouldn't have taken anyone at 31, that's my biggest problem with this pick. When Barton went to the Bucs, Guyton became the clear choice for the Cowboys. We should have moved up in the trade with the Bills to jump ahead of them. I'm betting the Bills would have been more willing to trade with us than the Chiefs.
  • thl408
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Only crappy teams draft a punt returner with a first round pick

But Shanalovers will say it was a genius move by the mastermind.

Grow up kid or at least get some new material

No need for new material when we have the same idiot making the same mistakes and the same dumb fans celebrating everything he does.
[ Edited by Koldo on Apr 26, 2024 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
i like it.

lol at the whiners.

me too. i hope he turns out to be another ed mccaffrey.
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

Been saying exactly this and guarantee you the Bills wanted him as well. They traded out after we took him.
Sounds like pick 42 of the Texans was his floor
Not sure this has been posted but just listen to CJ and his reaction

Share 49ersWebzone