There are 129 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wanted Pearsall in the 2nd but he would not have fallen to 63. They got their guy and I love it. Now trade up and get Newton/DeJean or one of the OL that they are targeting.
I don't have a problem with the Slick Rick pick. My mock had the 49ers taking Ladd McConkey primarily for the special teams spark and to add to the WR depth in case they lose BA or Deebo after this season. McConkey did have some spinal medical issues though so I'm not surprised the 49ers passed on him.
Originally posted by thl408:
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

very good point
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

Good point
I was shocked when I heard Ricky Pearsall, gotta admit, and very disappointed, because I don't know how you pass on a 6'3, 320 pound Remington award winning center, when it;'s such a a crucial position in the Shanahan offense, and Brendel can upgraded on.
I'm ok with it though, I trust that Kyle knows what he wants. I'll be watching JPJ's career though, and it might sting.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What will help is there will be so much focus on 85, CMC, BA, etc. It will be tough for defenses to devote a lot of resources to Pearsall. Just one on one, or zone and find the soft spot in the zone

He's a man coverage beater which I really like. Especially after the SB...

Teams don't draft zone beaters in round 1. Round 1 is for drafting man beating WRs.

They try, but those guys are called Quarterbacks, they so often fail for prioritizing "traits", and we found one in Round 7.

Assuming we don't trade him after he has a all pro season and wants a pay raise and more security before playing on that 5th year
Deebo took his #1.

Pay up rookie
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Deebo took his #1.

Pay up rookie

why? he probably only needs to wait a year for it.

that YAC numbers is pretty good considering how s**tty his QB was
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 26, 2024 at 12:00 PM ]

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Deebo took his #1.

Pay up rookie

maybe JL will help the rook out
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Assuming we don't trade him after he has a all pro season and wants a pay raise and more security before playing on that 5th year

We've got Aiyuk on the 5th year option for $14.1m, which is about half price to his value, he has no choice other than coming to terms, and if he doesn't, we've still got him for 2 more years on the tag without overpaying him. He has a real incentive to come to terms for the guaranteed money.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Absolutely. I don't know how people can watch the tape and come away disappointed. His quarterback play was pathetic. If it wasn't a screen, he had a real hard time actually hitting him when he was open.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

very good point

Was my thoughts too. I got caught up with oline so I was initially shocked but yes that 5th year option is key.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Absolutely. I don't know how people can watch the tape and come away disappointed. His quarterback play was pathetic. If it wasn't a screen, he had a real hard time actually hitting him when he was open.

I think cause he wasn't one of the national names like AD, Keon, and Ladd. If he played with a good qb and not Mertz he would've gotten a bit more respect.
Share 49ersWebzone