There are 163 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

that YAC numbers is pretty good considering how s**tty his QB was

Absolutely. I don't know how people can watch the tape and come away disappointed. His quarterback play was pathetic. If it wasn't a screen, he had a real hard time actually hitting him when he was open.

This was already posted but after Odunze Slick Rick had the highest success rate vs man coverage

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 26, 2024 at 12:17 PM ]
man i can't wait to watch this guy in action
  • thl408

Absolutely. I don't know how people can watch the tape and come away disappointed. His quarterback play was pathetic. If it wasn't a screen, he had a real hard time actually hitting him when he was open.

This was already posted but after Odunze Slick Rick had the highest success rate vs man coverage

Good stuff. It's hard for me to really comprehend the value of this since talent level in college ranges so widely but he can only play against whichever CB lines up across from him.

one of the guys on rivals has been uber praising his slant ability.....

I think that I why he is here... dude is hella hard to cover man 2 man and smart enough to beat zones

he knows when to throttle up and when to throttle down

Clearly the 49ers have had good to great skill players, but this dude is something new....a clearly polished rout runner. Would not shock me in the least to see this guy set tempo on the offense.
Originally posted by thl408:

Good stuff. It's hard for me to really comprehend the value of this since talent level in college ranges so widely but he can only play against whichever CB lines up across from him.

He plays in the SEC, so I think it's safe to say he was going against good corners/safeties. His qb play was average on its best day too.
Originally posted by thl408:

He played in the SEC without a lot of other weapons around him, had crap quaterbacking last year and still managed to get closer to 1000 yards receiving than anyone else has at Florida in nearly 20 years.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Only crappy teams draft a punt returner with a first round pick

But Shanalovers will say it was a genius move by the mastermind.

Grow up kid or at least get some new material

No need for new material when we have the same idiot making the same mistakes and the same dumb fans celebrating everything he does.

Cool, then grow up. I think that's something everyone can agree upon as it pertains to you
I watched some 2022 highlights with Richardson. Having a good qb helps a lot. This dude does make a lot of plays. Think this dude is better than I thought. He got open a lot in 2023 but his qb wasn't throwing it to him unless he was completely wide open.

want to add this video to the chart NY found

just a quick terminology glossary for the WR types they are talking about in regards to routs

Split End: old school big WR, plays on the line...easy for big CBs to get their hand on and redirect them. They normally play on the short area of the field and run verts or come backs. Most of the time they work an area alone with no-one redirecting traffic for them. LBs get a clean hit on them if they cross or run slants. ( think back shoulder target, large catch radius and or lots of speed... randy moss) Use to be a guy that had to get open by ability.

Flanker: old school small WR, plays off the LOS, harder to jam by the CB due to the cushion afforded by formation. Normally runs slants, crosses to the open part of the field, and had a two man game with the TE screening off defenders. Most of the time they do not get defenders hitting them at full speed-thanks TE- (think motion WR, RAC guy you hit in stride ie Jerry Rice) Use to be the guy systems were built to get the ball to.

These terms mean less today then they use too...given shanty's tight formations and rout flexibility we use guys with interchangeable routs.

Originally posted by niners94:
I watched some 2022 highlights with Richardson. Having a good qb helps a lot. This dude does make a lot of plays. Think this dude is better than I thought. He got open a lot in 2023 but his qb wasn't throwing it to him unless he was completely wide open.

even with A-Rich, who I like, he's not a passer, he was an athletic one of one, who maybe can develop into one
there were some entire games he would complete 10 balls

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

one of my favorite times of year is watching Jed's awkward draft call interactions
Share 49ersWebzone