There are 124 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gored49:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No good team or front office drafts their 4th WR with punt return ability in the FIRST ROUND.................EVER.

I like your draft analysis typically so I'm not coming at you hard… but to counter you comment… isn't that what the chiefs just did? Worthy probably starts off 4th on the depth chart if rice isn't suspended. Rice>brown>toney/watson/ross>worthy

we don't have a depth chart yet but let's say we are trailing, could happen, you want your pass catchers out there, that's BA and this guy
Originally posted by English:
No good team or front office drafts their 4th WR with punt return ability in the FIRST ROUND.................EVER.

Which goes to show, that isn't what we have drafted.

I wish people would check the history of the 49ers before making the statement of: "No good team or front office drafts their 4th WR with punt return ability in the FIRST ROUND." If they did check it, they would find that Bill Walsh did exactly that with his very first draft. James Owens was a RB that Walsh planned to convert to WR. Last time I checked? Walsh was a "fairly good" coach leading a "fairly good" front office.

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch have nailed enough drafts to convince me that they know what they are doing.
If it doesn't work out, they will just say he was pick #32 in round 1.

I like your draft analysis typically so I'm not coming at you hard… but to counter you comment… isn't that what the chiefs just did? Worthy probably starts off 4th on the depth chart if rice isn't suspended. Rice>brown>toney/watson/ross>worthy

Come on bro. Danny Gray might be better than this dude and he hasn't done anything.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Come on bro. Danny Gray might be better than this dude and he hasn't done anything.

you lost me at the bold
And Pearsall might be better than Brandon by your logic he did test at the combine as a way better athlete. If he was terrible I don't think CJ Stroud would have wanted him in the second round for his team

I hate defending toney but he was a Super Bowl hero. If gray is ever a Super Bowl hero I will eat my hat. He has to be still on the roster for some reason. Chiefs haven't given up entirely on him yet… if they should is another topic.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

one of my favorite times of year is watching Jed's awkward draft call interactions

Lol I always have felt like these calls are awkward. I like Ricky's confidence though. You can tell he knows he is a baller

At this time next year, it would be very realistic to see him a solid #2 behind BA with Deebo and Jennings both gone and the cap in good shape to pay Purdy and others.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by thl408:
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

very good point

I mean we are in a debacle with Aiyuk as we speak, despite the 5th year option

Originally posted by Atrain:
And Pearsall might be better than Brandon by your logic he did test at the combine as a way better athlete. If he was terrible I don't think CJ Stroud would have wanted him in the second round for his team

If the Texans had a first, there is a good chance they would taken him. The more I've looked into this, it wasn't a major reach. He maybe would of fell 5-10 more slots and that's it. It was either take him or lose him.

im a big believer in the idea of if you love a kid and think they're right for the team/scheme - take em. Try to be responsible about when you take them but nabbing someone a little early isn't a problem in my eyes.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Is that a Brock Purdy Toyota?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by thl408:
For those thinking it would have been better to get Ricky in the second round - one thing to think about is the rising cost of WRs. That fifth year option will come in handy if Ricky becomes a producer.

very good point

I mean we are in a debacle with Aiyuk as we speak, despite the 5th year option

Not really, thinks are going fine. It's rare to see a guy resigned super early inthe season on a rookie extension. It happens but isn't the norm.

the fifth year has given us incredible flexibility. It prevented us from having to spend money sooner and a way to extend Aiyuk and lessen his cap hit in the near future. No negatives to having a fifth year option if it's a good player
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

one of my favorite times of year is watching Jed's awkward draft call interactions

Lol I always have felt like these calls are awkward. I like Ricky's confidence though. You can tell he knows he is a baller

Lynch has another penis on top of his head, head to head combat.
Lol Ricky seems like an athletic white dude who grew up in the suburbs but talks hood. He reminds me a lot of Travis Kelce.
Share 49ersWebzone