There are 353 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The way he goes up to get the ball I guess you could call this a reach pick.
Does he make an impact this year as a WR. Only way he does is if he passes JJ now that they are keeping BA and Deebo
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Does he make an impact this year as a WR. Only way he does is if he passes JJ now that they are keeping BA and Deebo

I think he will make an impact. the way I see it, if he can be a first down machine, he'll get his targets, even if that means taking some from Deebo.
i like him a lot now that i got to know him. im excited!

[ Edited by picklejuice on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
With three WRs going in the first five picks in this 2nd round, it is making Pearsall look like a good value pick after all. He certainly wasn't going to drop down to 40 as some mocked him. Give Kyle credit for going with his plan.

Definitely wasn't gonna be there like sooooo many geniuses predicted to be at the end of the 2nd let alone the 3rd. Add the fact rumors of Buffalo really liking him
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
With three WRs going in the first five picks in this 2nd round, it is making Pearsall look like a good value pick after all. He certainly wasn't going to drop down to 40 as some mocked him. Give Kyle credit for going with his plan.

Definitely wasn't gonna be there like sooooo many geniuses predicted to be at the end of the 2nd let alone the 3rd. Add the fact rumors of Buffalo really liking him

I don't follow any of these players until they are in the NFL, so mostly go by what people on here say and link.

After seeing this kids tape, his explosive combine numbers, and checking senior bowl bbq vids, how was he not considered a 1st round WR? Lots of talk about Ladd, but to my eyes, Pearsall should have been mentioned in the same breath, if not even widely considered a stronger prospect.

it just goes to show, that sometimes the name that's not recognizable because others have more hype, doesn't necessarily mean they are worse prospects.
That tape doesn't look all that great. Please tell me his QB was just bad lol
Originally posted by Chance:
I don't follow any of these players until they are in the NFL, so mostly go by what people on here say and link.

After seeing this kids tape, his explosive combine numbers, and checking senior bowl bbq vids, how was he not considered a 1st round WR? Lots of talk about Ladd, but to my eyes, Pearsall should have been mentioned in the same breath, if not even widely considered a stronger prospect.

it just goes to show, that sometimes the name that's not recognizable because others have more hype, doesn't necessarily mean they are worse prospects.

Because my Gators passing offense is the sh*ts.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Drafts are such crapshoots honestly. And I swear every year the drafts that get high grades tend to bust and the ones that get poor grades tend to do well. It really doesn't matter until these guys actually play. We all despised this pick when it happened but if he becomes our Cooper Kupp would we still hate it?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Mertz was bad. Scheme is worse. The schematic upgrade alone is huge.

How good he will be long term remains to be seen.

His tape looks pretty dope to me. Making all sorts of adjustments and acrobatic catches. Runs fast with the ball in his hands. Gets open so effortlessly, crazy agility in his change of direction.

The only negative I see is that he's not going to be trucking DBs, but I liked that he doesn't shy from contact. His tape looked great to me.

His tape looks pretty dope to me. Making all sorts of adjustments and acrobatic catches. Runs fast with the ball in his hands. Gets open so effortlessly, crazy agility in his change of direction.

The only negative I see is that he's not going to be trucking DBs, but I liked that he doesn't shy from contact. His tape looked great to me.

This is my concern. Can he handle the physicality of NFL corners? Doesn't look particularly explosive. He makes the highlight type of catches but there is more to WR than that.
I wanted this guy during the draft process and kept trying to figure out how we could pull it off in the early 2nd. Most of my trades were too far fetched without incorporating future picks to jump from 63. The most realistic was trading back from the first. While I preferred him in the 2nd, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the Bills target all along and they assumed that Lynch and Shanahan were going to target oline. While I initially thought around 40 was the spot for him, I'm starting to think he might not have fallen past 32-36.

I might be in the minority but I love this pick and I can't wait to see how this offense utilizes him with Aiyuk and Deebo. Jennings is a dawg and Kittle, McCaffrey, and Juice are versatile studs.

Can't wait
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is my concern. Can he handle the physicality of NFL corners? Doesn't look particularly explosive. He makes the highlight type of catches but there is more to WR than that.

Dude had a 42" vert...
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone