There are 254 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His combine numbers show elite explosiveness, speed, and agility.

Originally posted by Chance:

I swear some people on here just make up s**t to be mad about.
I can see why Shanahan really likes Pearsall...he's a baller, no doubt about that. He's willing to do pretty much everything on the field. Has the speed, hands, route running and something I call wont to. He has no fear, and is tough as nails. Apt kick returner. He should be a demon on ST's. They'll want him to put on some muscle weight, but did hear he plays @ 195. There's really nothing not to like about him. At 24, he's got some maturity, too. I really like the pick.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I can see why Shanahan really likes Pearsall...he's a baller, no doubt about that. He's willing to do pretty much everything on the field. Has the speed, hands, route running and something I call wont to. He has no fear, and is tough as nails. Apt kick returner. He should be a demon on ST's. They'll want him to put on some muscle weight, but did hear he plays @ 195. There's really nothing not to like about him. At 24, he's got some maturity, too. I really like the pick.

I'm not worried about his weight as he probably cut pounds to juice his combine numbers. If you check out his Instagram, the dude is decently jacked for a WR. For sure he'll grow even more into his body as he ages and adds years of an NFL weight room under his belt.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 26, 2024 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is my concern. Can he handle the physicality of NFL corners? Doesn't look particularly explosive. He makes the highlight type of catches but there is more to WR than that.

Dude had a 42" vert...

Have you seen his other football takes lol?

He's a very good all around athlete. One quick thing that I noticed from the video posted early on (all of his targets for 2023) he was open consistently. And when he wasn't, he made the tough catches. He's got elite agility. He's a good route runner, needs more polishing though. He sometimes relies to much on double moves to get open.

There's no doubt he would've been a top WR this draft if he had a QB worth a crap. Mertz (their QB) was pretty damn bad, super inaccurate.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 26, 2024 at 11:11 PM ]
He looks dope to me, the experts also said Wilson, rg3, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan leaf, etc were top talents. Give the dude a chance before you s**t on the pick
Originally posted by Chance:

Damn 17 bench. Pretty damn good for his size.
love this pick.
and the racist fans will love him too
This is my concern. Can he handle the physicality of NFL corners? Doesn't look particularly explosive. He makes the highlight type of catches but there is more to WR than that.

Dude had a 42" vert...

I'm talking about on the field in pads when the bullets are flying. His measurable are nice but those don't always translate.

Like Chris Connley had a 45 in vertical and Donnovan Peoples Jones had a 44 which are up there in all time verts at the combine but that didn't carry over.

Dude had a 42" vert...

I'm talking about on the field in pads when the bullets are flying. His measurable are nice but those don't always translate.

Like Chris Connley had a 45 in vertical and Donnovan Peoples Jones had a 44 which are up there in all time verts at the combine but that didn't carry over.

He has more than just a vert. This is a weird take, he's a very good athlete.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Dude had a 42" vert...

Yes he is a very good athlete. Most guys in the draft are. So are the NFL DBs he will face. But that doesn't mean he will be a good football player. Thats my point. Can he break tackles, beat press, make tough catches in traffic, beat man, find the zones, can he block which is important, against NFL DBs is the question.

in that video I posted he makes nice tough plays. But also caught a lot of screens, was open due to blown coverage, gets dropped asap, arm tackled, alligator armed a few, was blanketed and didn't make the tough catch while covered when he had a chance, stopped on his route, had one bounce off his hands for a pick, and fumbled one for a td. And that was college.

The NFL is a whole new ballgame.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 27, 2024 at 3:12 AM ]
I'm warming up a bit more to this pick, Ricky has the skill set to succeed in this scheme and might be our most athletic WR on the roster which is nothing to look past. That said, with it looking like Deebo and Aiyuk not being moved, JPJ still would be my pick in this selection.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Dude had a 42" vert...

Yes he is a very good athlete. Most guys in the draft are. So are the NFL DBs he will face. But that doesn't mean he will be a good football player. Thats my point. Can he break tackles, beat press, make tough catches in traffic, beat man, find the zones, can he block which is important, against NFL DBs is the question.

in that video I posted he makes nice tough plays. But also caught a lot of screens, was open due to blown coverage, gets dropped asap, arm tackled, alligator armed a few, was blanketed and didn't make the tough catch while covered when he had a chance, stopped on his route, had one bounce off his hands for a pick, and fumbled one for a td. And that was college.

The NFL is a whole new ballgame.

That goes for any rookie entering the NFL…

You and anyone else b***hing about the pick need to go back through the draft results of prior years and look at the picks you were thrilled with and which you were upset about and then ask how their careers went.

cuz I can guarantee there have been players you loved us taking who didn't do squat and guys who you hated who played great for us.

There are some positions you should trust Shanahan with and WR is one of them. Even the ones who didn't work out for us like Pettis and Hurd had crazy talent. Pettis didn't workout because he just doesn't care about football that much(and our WR picks since have been all guys who are dogs as a result) and Hurd failed because of injury.

Dude had a 42" vert...

Have you seen his highlight where he leaps and 1 hands the ball in traffic then gets blasted by the safety and holds on?

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Have you seen his highlight where he leaps and 1 hands the ball in traffic then gets blasted by the safety and holds on?

Did it against the 49ers too. What a baller
Share 49ersWebzone