There are 246 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
I like it. Let him know on Twitter

Tell him to stay off message forums and don't listen to or watch Grant Cohn.
This is going to be one of those guys that has opposing teams pulling their hair asking how is this guy always so wide open. The same thing we say about Kupp everytime we face the Rams.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
This is Shanny's Kupp.

Gonna have to be patient to see how he translates to the NFL but he's got Kupp like skills of running every route on the field well, finding the soft spots and has fantastic hands. This kid is feeeearless

I thought about this. I hate the Rams but I respect so much how Kupp plays. If Pearsall becomes even a shadow of Kupp, this is going to be very exciting.

His left shadow will be Cooper Kupp, his right shadow will be Adam Thielen, DBs will be stymied most times
I don't see the Kupp comp. I understand it, he's white but they are not remotely close to the same guy. He is more athletic than both Thielen and Kupp. Not saying he will be remotely close to them. If he gets close to either of them we hit a grand slam

Kupp- 6'2 205 4.62- 32in vertical - 6.75 3 cone
Thielen- 6'1 192 4.49 - 36in vertical- 6.77 3 cone
Ricky- 6'1 190 4.41 - 42in vertical- 6.64 3 cone
Originally posted by Brucey72:
I don't see the Kupp comp. I understand it, he's white but they are not remotely close to the same guy. He is more athletic than both Thielen and Kupp. Not saying he will be remotely close to them. If he gets close to either of them we hit a grand slam

Cosell saw Thielen as one of his comps. The other and most reminiscent for him was Amon Ra St. Brown

https://www.the33rdteam.com/ricky-pearsall-nfl-draft-2024-combine-results-scouting-report-for-san-francisco-49ers-wr/
Originally posted by Chance:

Cosell saw Thielen as one of his comps. The other and most reminiscent for him was Amon Ra St. Brown

https://www.the33rdteam.com/ricky-pearsall-nfl-draft-2024-combine-results-scouting-report-for-san-francisco-49ers-wr/

If he becomes Thielen or St. Brown this is the best pick not named Purdy since 2020
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is my concern. Can he handle the physicality of NFL corners? Doesn't look particularly explosive. He makes the highlight type of catches but there is more to WR than that.

Dude had a 42" vert...

I'm talking about on the field in pads when the bullets are flying. His measurable are nice but those don't always translate.

Like Chris Connley had a 45 in vertical and Donnovan Peoples Jones had a 44 which are up there in all time verts at the combine but that didn't carry over.

He has more than just a vert. This is a weird take, he's a very good athlete.

Yes he is a very good athlete. Most guys in the draft are. So are the NFL DBs he will face. But that doesn't mean he will be a good football player. Thats my point. Can he break tackles, beat press, make tough catches in traffic, beat man, find the zones, can he block which is important, against NFL DBs is the question.

in that video I posted he makes nice tough plays. But also caught a lot of screens, was open due to blown coverage, gets dropped asap, arm tackled, alligator armed a few, was blanketed and didn't make the tough catch while covered when he had a chance, stopped on his route, had one bounce off his hands for a pick, and fumbled one for a td. And that was college.

The NFL is a whole new ballgame.

What the hell, are we watching the same receiver, Pearsall alligator arms passes that's the first? And of course they're gonna use him on screen passes, did you not see how fast this kid is, straight up burner!!!! Not to mention he has real good vision in the open field. And with that said, with all that you posted, you have to figure in that he's played with 4 different QB's in his college career. They all did different things, had different arm strength and some hung him out to dry, but he's played with two top 5 picks so not all bad.
Pre-order jersey already available for those who wanna
Originally posted by Montana:

What # does he have? Deebo has #1

Eisen named him as one of the steals of the 1st round

A Jon B type for sure...
Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by Montana:

What # does he have? Deebo has #1

TBD, order now and it will be unveiled later:)
Originally posted by random49er:

A Jon B type for sure...

Nice Toyota plug

Part with his lady is cute

Welcome to the BAY

Emmanuel Sanders 2.0

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/emmanuel-sanders

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/ricky-pearsall

They play the same as well
  • 91til
  • Veteran
That Dan Graziano tweet (that was in regards to possibly trading Deebo) saying that Pearsall is "more similar to Deebo than Aiyuk" was so f**kin strange and incorrect hahah.
NY I feel like Sanders was more of a deep threat than I saw from Pearsall's college highlights but I see the smoothness and well-rounded game, obviously we'd all take a prime Sanders as WR2 in this offense But I also liked the St. Brown comp — his college highlights looked more like St Brown in the NFL to me
Share 49ersWebzone