There are 240 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Maybe he's good. But what are we going to do with all these WR's? While we have other actual needs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe he's good. But what are we going to do with all these WR's? While we have other actual needs.

Who are you worried about? We'd be lucky if we can flip Ronnie Bell to Harbaugh for a future 7th. Otherwise he is on the wrong side of the cut line. Did you see Danny Gray's impact this offseason? I don't think he's on the roster. Trent Taylor is just a camp mentor at this point.
Aiyuk, Deebo, Pearsall, Jennings, Cowing, maybe Conley for special teams. Position is good to go and we don't have to make desperate moves for 2025.

Pass them the ball?
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Pass them the ball?

Watch Brock throw lasers to them?
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Who are you worried about? We'd be lucky if we can flip Ronnie Bell to Harbaugh for a future 7th. Otherwise he is on the wrong side of the cut line. Did you see Danny Gray's impact this offseason? I don't think he's on the roster. Trent Taylor is just a camp mentor at this point.
Aiyuk, Deebo, Pearsall, Jennings, Cowing, maybe Conley for special teams. Position is good to go and we don't have to make desperate moves for 2025.
Pretty sure Conley makes this team if for nothing else special teams. Anything he contributes on offense is just a cherry on top.

Makes next year a lot more stable definitely IF Deebo and/or Jennings is gone. Let's say hypothetically they have to trade Deebo and Jennings walks next year. Allows a better floor for next year
Would you be more comfortable going into the off-season with

Aiyuk, Pearsall (year 2), Cowing (year 2), and Bell?

Or

Aiyuk, Bell, nobody, and nobody
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Makes next year a lot more stable definitely IF Deebo and/or Jennings is gone. Let's say hypothetically they have to trade Deebo and Jennings walks next year. Allows a better floor for next year
Would you be more comfortable going into the off-season with

Aiyuk, Pearsall (year 2), Cowing (year 2), and Bell?

Or

Aiyuk, Bell, nobody, and nobody

That could be. But I still think offensive line and interior defensive line were bigger needs. Maybe even LB too.
Originally posted by 91til:
That Dan Graziano tweet (that was in regards to possibly trading Deebo) saying that Pearsall is "more similar to Deebo than Aiyuk" was so f**kin strange and incorrect hahah.
NY I feel like Sanders was more of a deep threat than I saw from Pearsall's college highlights but I see the smoothness and well-rounded game, obviously we'd all take a prime Sanders as WR2 in this offense But I also liked the St. Brown comp — his college highlights looked more like St Brown in the NFL to me

I for sure see a ton of sanders with him. I would love St Brown. I think Ricky can play outside some though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 28, 2024 at 4:01 PM ]

I think we are seeing a turning of the tide a bit. If Kyle is smart, he realizes he can't continue to run CMC as much as he has of late. The new vision will be to build an offense around Brock's strengths ie get rid of the ball fast and throw an accurate pass to a certain spot.

This means we morph away from Deebo type receivers and harness WRs that can get open fast, run a super accurate route and get to the spot that Brock will throw to. Both Pearsall and Cowing fit these traits. We'll see more 3 receiver sets moving forward. CMC gets a bit of payload break and we strive for efficiency.

I really think this is the new roadmap.
[ Edited by bigpete50 on Apr 28, 2024 at 3:56 PM ]

Don't reach for needs…draft good players.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Don't reach for needs…draft good players.

Seems like maybe they learned a lesson from last year with 9 total picks and only 2 really contributing on the field. Although Moody, I mean he didn't even have to beat anybody out because Gonzalez had a major injury.. So IDK you can even count that. The rest did little to nothing. Don't care if they were late round or not. We had plenty of injuries that afforded opportunities to step up and they still rode the bench/inactive list and/or were terrible in the chances they did get. Bell - drops, muffs, fumbles. Willis got blown up as a blocker and had a memorable untimely penalty negating a big play.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 28, 2024 at 4:21 PM ]

Wym all these WRs when all we did was pretty much use 3 all year and 2 don't separate the best. We took 2 that specialize in route running getting open
Originally posted by bigpete50:

I think we are seeing a turning of the tide a bit. If Kyle is smart, he realizes he can't continue to run CMC as much as he has of late. The new vision will be to build an offense around Brock's strengths ie get rid of the ball fast and throw an accurate pass to a certain spot.

This means we morph away from Deebo type receivers and harness WRs that can get open fast, run a super accurate route and get to the spot that Brock will throw to. Both Pearsall and Cowing fit these traits. We'll see more 3 receiver sets moving forward. CMC gets a bit of payload break and we strive for efficiency.

This, and hope it's the way they go. All these guys who can get open now there's no need to pound CMC. And you know Kyle trusts Brock to throw the ball 30 pf he has to
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by bigpete50:

This, and hope it's the way they go. All these guys who can get open now there's no need to pound CMC. And you know Kyle trusts Brock to throw the ball 30 pf he has to

I think Shany is mad our WRs were dominated in the SB in man coverage.
A lot of them won't make the team. Ray Ray Left, while Bell and Gray are gone. So is Conley probably. Jennings will be gone after this year. Ricky and Cowing are different than Jenning for the slot. ST return game especially the KO rule change needs a real upgrade. Besides Debo will miss games and get nicked up. Not to mention Juice not going to be used as much and replaced wr or te.

That could be. But I still think offensive line and interior defensive line were bigger needs. Maybe even LB too.

Perhaps if someone they like fell, but according to Kyle those that were still there were not probably going to beat out what is on the team currently. As for LB, we do a good job of developing low round UDFA picks.

We moved the ball, but sometimes we couldn't finish, maybe the players we got can help up the %age of that.
Share 49ersWebzone