LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 211 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
And that's point. Pearson wasn't drafted to replace Deebo or Aiyuk, he was drafted to compliment them both because the offense got stale and predictable. That's what happened in the Superbowl. It's time for the offense to evolve.

Disagree. Maybe not immediately but he's going to have to replace Deebo or Aiyuck. A season or 2 down the road. That's football for you.

I thought they could have waited until next season to find a replacement for Deebo/Aiyuk since we had more Important needs right now, but hopefully he'll surprise us all this season.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
And that's point. Pearson wasn't drafted to replace Deebo or Aiyuk, he was drafted to compliment them both because the offense got stale and predictable. That's what happened in the Superbowl. It's time for the offense to evolve.

Disagree. Maybe not immediately but he's going to have to replace Deebo or Aiyuck. A season or 2 down the road. That's football for you.

I thought they could have waited until next season to find a replacement for Deebo/Aiyuk since we had more Important needs right now, but hopefully he'll surprise us all this season.

Same, although I like the pick and think this kid is going to a banger.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I got one question for you guys. If he turns out to he another Julian Edleman, is this a bad pick, yes or no?

If he turns out to be 75% of edelman, especially playoff Jules, I'll be thrilled.

the odds of him having crazy stats in this offense, with all the talent, is unlikely. He needs to be reliable, consistent, and good on third downs. I think he will get 400-500 yards and 6 touchdowns or so his rookie year. He will most likely be our punt/kick returner this year too.

Yep. Need man burners. Brock forced Spags into man in the second half because of how good he was. Need man burners
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I think Kyle realized that he only had one WR that could win route's on his own and so he went and got 2 more. Because when we face teams who have an elite #1 corner like we did in the SB, our #1 WR will probally be shut down for the most part and that's not a slight on Aiyuk, It's what lockdown corners do. They shut down, even the best receivers. So it's up to our #2 and #3 receivers to be that #1 in that game and in this game it was suppose to be Deebo and he failed. It actually turned out to be more Jennings that came through but there is a ceiling to Jennings game and you don't want to depend on him to be your #1 receiver.

Now those games where Aiyuk is facing elite corners, Pearsall might go off with 10 catches for 120+ yards. Because that team might not have that great of a #2 corner. Most teams don't.

The problem in the SB wasn't that Yuk was getting shut down, it's that Shanny was deliberately funneling the offense thru Deebo, There have been quite a few breakdowns illustrating this. I get the logic, against the looks Spags was giving us in the second half if Deebo made a catch and broke one tackle it's housed every time, but Deebo couldn't make it happen. Yuk was getting open plenty but he was rarely the first read. This is a playcalling problem not a personnel problem.
Mmm got himself a Boricua

[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 29, 2024 at 11:58 AM ]
DANNNNGGGG !!!

I had us drafting this guy in the 3rd, but damn, round one ??? woooooooooooooooo...

is he supposed to make up for JALEN HURD?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

His dad looks like a combination of Walter White and Travis Barker.

Forget about his girlfriend. His mom can still get it.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I'm just at the point of trusting Shanny no matter what. Unless he's bringing Soloman Thomas back in.

Honestly I forgot Chase Lucas was on the team, that's wild.

I thought he could do much better than that girl, cute but she's not that good looking imo.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I thought he could do much better than that girl, cute but she's not that good looking imo.

You could probably do much better than that post, so it kind of works out.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

His dad looks like a combination of Walter White and Travis Barker.

I think Ricky himself has some Baker Mayfield and some Steph Curry vibes
Originally posted by joeknows:
Originally posted by elguapo:

You could probably do much better than that post, so it kind of works out.

Good to know just making an observation. Glad you think it works out though.

what I do know is he is going to be a great slot receiver that gets open at will
I cannot emphasize how having a legitimate quarterback who can run the offense and get his receivers the ball matters in determining the success of these skill-positioned players like Pearsall and Cowing moving forward. Now that we know what Brock does well at an elite Pro-Bowl level, we can find weapons that will enhance and be enhanced by his talents as a QB and passer. When I look at Slick Rick and CJ, I see two guys who will thrive in this system with this starting QB. Their ability to beat man coverage quickly in a short time, their proficiency in small areas of space in the middle of the field, and their beautifully timed routes just feel like a natural match for a dude like Brock, whose accuracy and ability to diagnose defenses pre-snap, will just pair up beautifully with those skill sets.

Kyle is really figuring out where to take this offense now that it is clearly Purdy's to run. He is getting offensive personnel that matches this vision.
Share 49ersWebzone