LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 256 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yup, indeed, I wasn't sure if that twitter account was real, but Brad from TheSFNiners YouTube page has it up on Pearsall & Puni being assigned 14 & 77.

Don't like 14 on Ricky, 77 is perfect for Puni. I like Pearsall in a single digit
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yup, indeed, I wasn't sure if that twitter account was real, but Brad from TheSFNiners YouTube page has it up on Pearsall & Puni being assigned 14 & 77.

Don't like 14 on Ricky, 77 is perfect for Puni. I like Pearsall in a single digit
I'm guessing Pearsall gets 19, his old # from ASU, once Taylor gets sent down to p squad or cut off the team entirely.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

That's a very low bar to clear. Smart move Ricky.

Originally posted by 9moon:
14 - UGLY number for a WR... Ricky " The Pretty " Pearsall should have chosen #s in the 80s.

77 - I really see this guy as a Center... irkkk... 77 are for OTs.

The only numbers available right now were 14, 83, 84, and 89, so Ricky didn't have a lot to choose from. Even if he were to keep 14 I think he can make it looked good. I mean it hasn't kept Stefon Diggs from producing.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 1, 2024 at 11:01 AM ]
Why Pearsall ?? Now?? DEEBO INJURIES

I think one key reason we might forget is that when Deebo goes out with injury, the offense seems to have to totally change -- and completely bogs down. I think the leadership realized that with his hard running style Deebo injuries weren't going away, and they needed someone to fill that role as close to original capabilities as possible to keep things running smooth in a game or even over a few games.

It's almost impossible to find someone as stout and with the vision of Deebo, but if you can even get 90% of his game with his substitute you are way ahead keeping defenses off balance. So I expect Pearsall's main role in 2024 will be to learn Deebo's position/role -- not out of desire to replace Deebo per se, but as insurance.

And maybe, if Pearsall can be 85-90% of Deebo capabilities but also add better man-beater route running -- then it could be even better yet
Ricky didn't seem that in love with 14. He said on the radio "they assigned me 14 for camp" I would definitely hold off on buying a jersey until week 1 if anyone was planning on it
  • thl408
Ricky didn't seem that in love with 14. He said on the radio "they assigned me 14 for camp" I would definitely hold off on buying a jersey until week 1 if anyone was planning on it

I'm just going to remove the nameplate off my Darnold jersey and slap on a Pearsall name plate. Easy.
For anyone who still has a problem with this draft class I strongly recommend you check out the video below.

It really helps put things into perspective IMO. This draft got better as a whole even though at the time it may have been not as good as some of us wanted.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Can't hate on this pick cause Pearsall looks like a very solid WR.

I only question the value given the glaring need we still have at RT.
Why do people hate #14? Some good WRs have that number. St. Brown. DK. Diggs. Godwin.
Originally posted by thl408:

I'm just going to remove the nameplate off my Darnold jersey and slap on a Pearsall name plate. Easy.

Are you going to slap on 'Pearsall' or ' Slick Rick ' ?

• thl408
Originally posted by tommyncal:

Are you going to slap on 'Pearsall' or ' Slick Rick ' ?

I'm not on board with 'Slick Rick' yet. I'm from that time, so Slick Rick to me is already someone else, and it's not Pearsall.
I'm not on board with 'Slick Rick' yet. I'm from that time, so Slick Rick to me is already someone else, and it's not Pearsall.

Sticky Ricky (for his hands of course)
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Why do people hate #14? Some good WRs have that number. St. Brown. DK. Diggs. Godwin.

Got me, I like it!

13 laser dot to 14

LET'S GOOOOOOO
I doubt he keeps 14, I would wait on that jersey purchase
Share 49ersWebzone