There are 248 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Can't hate on this pick cause Pearsall looks like a very solid WR.

I only question the value given the glaring need we still have at RT.

Eight tackles went before we got to our pick, so any tackle with a first round grade was probably gone. That being said I still would have liked to take one somewhere in the draft, but there where similar occurrences in rounds two and three. There was a run of five tackles before our pick in the second and I believe another eight before our pick of Puni in the third. It's easy to say that they should have traded up- and maybe they tried, but the whole league is in dire need for O-Linemen, so perhaps teams were intent on capitalizing on a deep O-Linemen class. Under these circumstances, I'm glad that they didn't try and force a pick.

My only problem with the pick is that we could have easily gone up to get Tyler Guyton - who fills a bigger need now, and potentially more once Trent Willams retires. When the Bucs took Barton, Guyton to the Cowboys became clear. The Bills traded the pic before, and I am pretty certain they would rather have dealt with us than the Chiefs! That being said, I don't think Pearsall would have been there for us in the 2nd, and I don't hate the player. I think he is a better fit for the offense with Brock, than Deebo. And I do think Deebo is gone next year.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Don't like 14 on Ricky, 77 is perfect for Puni. I like Pearsall in a single digit

Same. Damn Deebo
Might only need to wait one year…

maybe that's what the 1 stands for

Originally posted by RDB4216:
My only problem with the pick is that we could have easily gone up to get Tyler Guyton - who fills a bigger need now, and potentially more once Trent Willams retires. When the Bucs took Barton, Guyton to the Cowboys became clear. The Bills traded the pic before, and I am pretty certain they would rather have dealt with us than the Chiefs! That being said, I don't think Pearsall would have been there for us in the 2nd, and I don't hate the player. I think he is a better fit for the offense with Brock, than Deebo. And I do think Deebo is gone next year.

The problem is you are using a 1st RD pick on a guy who will do nothing for you in 2024 while you are trying to win a SB. Guyton is Raw and needs time to develop. And honestly I am sick of drafting players that need time to develop because it never works out for us. I want day 1 players, Even if it means their ceiling isn't as high.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by krizay:
Don't like 14 on Ricky, 77 is perfect for Puni. I like Pearsall in a single digit

Same. Damn Deebo
Might only need to wait one year…

maybe that's what the 1 stands for

Originally posted by JTB1974:

The problem is you are using a 1st RD pick on a guy who will do nothing for you in 2024 while you are trying to win a SB. Guyton is Raw and needs time to develop. And honestly I am sick of drafting players that need time to develop because it never works out for us. I want day 1 players, Even if it means their ceiling isn't as high.

I fully expect Guyton to start as a rookie for the Cowboys, and likely at LT. And you are comparing him against a pick that will likely be our #4 WR, who won't see the field much at all until Deebo gets banged up. He may be used as a punt returner, will just depend on if Shanny will trust that to a rookie or not.
I fully expect Guyton to start as a rookie for the Cowboys, and likely at LT. And you are comparing him against a pick that will likely be our #4 WR, who won't see the field much at all until Deebo gets banged up. He may be used as a punt returner, will just depend on if Shanny will trust that to a rookie or not.

He may start at LT for the Cowboys but it doesn't mean he is going to be good. And I am not expecting Pearsall to stay the #4 for long.

I'm sorry based off what? I went back and forth with him.

Dude was butt at the senior bowl. Then I saw his measurables, which are high level. THEN I watched whatever I could find film wise and it was terrible.

He doesn't know what he's doing out there. His footwork is horrible. His pad level is real bad. He's as green as it gets at OT….Both guys drafted last yr out of Oklahoma were better than him. At this point he's a liability not an upgrade. He needs to develop not start this yr….I'm not moving up and losing Ricky and Puni for this dude. No thank you.

I feel like folks just see OT next to a name and if we don't take that player it's bad. Like others said at 31, we're taking like the 8th OT…only guys worth realistically moving up for was Mims and Troy Fautanu.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 2, 2024 at 4:37 AM ]
He may start at LT for the Cowboys but it doesn't mean he is going to be good. And I am not expecting Pearsall to stay the #4 for long.

I hope he starts lol. He's gonna get Dak killed. Micah Parsons was disgusted with the pick haha

I really hope he starts at LT because then we will get to see Lance play because Dak will be in the hospital. Guyton and Mims were my Tackles I didn't want at all. Guyton is a RT and will likely take at least 2 years before he is serviceable. Ricky will be most likely be the starting slot WR going into the season. Love what Jennings did in the playoffs but that wasn't the norm for him. He made huge blocks and huge catches, and should have been Super Bowl MVP if they won. He only has 3 TDs - 68 catches for 859 yards over his last 35 games, including playoffs. That is 1.9 catches and 24 yards per game. We need more production out of the slot
[ Edited by Brucey72 on May 2, 2024 at 7:12 AM ]
Just watched all of his catches and targets. It is so hard to get anything out of it besides that the QB is trash. The video is very underwhelming. I can count at least 15x where he is wide open and the QB completely missed him. Other times it is a bad throw and he catches it but it allowed zero YAC. He seemed really slow out there at times at the end of routes, couldn't tell if that was because he didn't trust his QB and was bracing himself to catch an off-target pass or if he is slower than his 40 time. A lot of time he looks bad after the catch but when he is running the ball he looks explosive. It is so hard to judge him, because sometimes he looks like a 1st round WR and sometimes he looks like a 7th rounder. You could tell he did not trust his QB and was hesitant out there. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a QB that is accurate and he can trust.
[ Edited by Brucey72 on May 2, 2024 at 7:48 AM ]

Exactly...expecting a rookie LT to instantly be a great player is a stretch. Guyton wasn't a top 10 pick or anything.

Let the Cowboys win the "we got a starter earlier" game. It may not lead them to being able to win more games.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Just watched all of his catches and targets. It is so hard to get anything out of it besides that the QB is trash. The video is very underwhelming. I can count at least 15x where he is wide open and the QB completely missed him. Other times it is a bad throw and he catches it but it allowed zero YAC. He seemed really slow out there at times at the end of routes, couldn't tell if that was because he didn't trust his QB and was bracing himself to catch an off-target pass or if he is slower than his 40 time. A lot of time he looks bad after the catch but when he is running the ball he looks explosive. It is so hard to judge him, because sometimes he looks like a 1st round WR and sometimes he looks like a 7th rounder. You could tell he did not trust his QB and was hesitant out there. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a QB that is accurate and he can trust.

I don't see him as slow coming out of his routes at all…especially when people provide all-22 clips
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I don't see him as slow coming out of his routes at all…especially when people provide all-22 clips

Not all the time just on some. Typically he was extremely quick. He looked like he was expecting to slow down to catch the ball. He didn't seem to trust his QB at times. I'm really excited for him and can't wait to see what he will do with a real QB
Not all the time just on some. Typically he was extremely quick. He looked like he was expecting to slow down to catch the ball. He didn't seem to trust his QB at times. I'm really excited for him and can't wait to see what he will do with a real QB

I mean he didn't only play with that QB. He did play with #2 Overall Heisman winner Jaylen Daniels for 2 years at ASU and #4 Overall pick Anthony Richardson at Florida as well.

In any case, I think this kid is a damn stud, even though I wouldn't have take him.
Share 49ersWebzone