There are 277 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 91til
  • Veteran
guy is 6'0 190 and people saying he's too small lol. cause we all know the most important trait for a WR is to be a really big guy. haha
We never see it coming with the Niners pick. I do think we do better with drafting Wr in the first two rounds than after. I think they are looking that BA isn't going to be hear after next year?

Is he better than Mitchell? I guess that three cone weighed heavy in this selection along with agility.
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 25, 2024 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Why do we need a WR? This team has glaring holes in other areas. Other than QB, I think going the WR position may be the least of our concerns.

BINGO

throw on that SB tape and 2 WRs completely locked JJ nearly won SB MVP cuz he was getting the targets
heck we were throwing to Chris Conley in the SB
Deebo good as he is, he doesn't uncover very well he's kinda a RB out there
Originally posted by 91til:
No reason this guy can't play year one with how banged up Deebo gets; also he offers something different than Deebo and Jennings, he's more similar to Aiyuk out of the three, you can see the skillset to be a well-rounded solid WR2 with time.

Aiyuk is strong and will get in your ass. Can this guy?
Guys keep saying he was a second rounder. We picked at 31. Its basically a 2nd round pick. This board knows very little about evaluating talent. This board loved Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. You guys act like we passed on Marvin Harrison for Pearsall.
I mean.

Ricky P it is.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
I think he'll be on limited snaps this season but will be seen as a replacement for Jennings next season (different players, just replacing his spot as WR3).

Jennings will be like Bourne. No way we'll pay Deebo and Aiyuk and have anything left for Jennings. Someone will pay him too well for us to match.

So they spent a 1st rounder on your #3 wr 2 years from now. That's pretty bad value
  • da209
  • Veteran
wtf are we doing !? we have top C and CB, DT and we go with a small WR ? i'm starting to get annoyed with coach and lynch

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Guys keep saying he was a second rounder. We picked at 31. Its basically a 2nd round pick. This board knows very little about evaluating talent. This board loved Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. You guys act like we passed on Marvin Harrison for Pearsall.

Reuben Foster yes, but I saw very few people who actually liked the Solomon pick
This is a good pick. I wasn't high at all on receiver, but good pick and will work well with how accurate Brock is.. I wanted JPJ. Maybe we can get Frazier in round 2. Maybe JPJ continues to fall. But we definitely need to add more on the OL to take advantage of what we have in the receiver room.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If he's replacing anyone it's Deebo. His whole game is middle.of field.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me about it.

If Ricky Pearsall can continue to make insane one handed catches in the NFL, I'm down with that.
guy is 6'0 190 and people saying he's too small lol. cause we all know the most important trait for a WR is to be a really big guy. haha

In this offense it matters. He has no role here
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
No reason this guy can't play year one with how banged up Deebo gets; also he offers something different than Deebo and Jennings, he's more similar to Aiyuk out of the three, you can see the skillset to be a well-rounded solid WR2 with time.

Aiyuk is strong and will get in your ass. Can this guy?

Listen to Cosell I heard him forecast this pick and he was talking about this guy being the complete player and fitting into what we do, and notably that's no block no rock so he seems a complete player to me that's what Cosell was talking
Share 49ersWebzone