There are 167 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Fit. That's what matters. There are transcendent talents who will excel in any situation. But for 90 percent of collegiate players who enter the NFL, how you fit into a scheme or a team's culture has just as much, if not more, to do with your potential success.

Don't know who this KP fella is but he just became my favorite whatever it is he does
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I fully expect Guyton to start as a rookie for the Cowboys, and likely at LT. And you are comparing him against a pick that will likely be our #4 WR, who won't see the field much at all until Deebo gets banged up. He may be used as a punt returner, will just depend on if Shanny will trust that to a rookie or not.

I'm sorry based off what? I went back and forth with him.

Dude was butt at the senior bowl. Then I saw his measurables, which are high level. THEN I watched whatever I could find film wise and it was terrible.

He doesn't know what he's doing out there. His footwork is horrible. His pad level is real bad. He's as green as it gets at OT….Both guys drafted last yr out of Oklahoma were better than him. At this point he's a liability not an upgrade. He needs to develop not start this yr….I'm not moving up and losing Ricky and Puni for this dude. No thank you.

I feel like folks just see OT next to a name and if we don't take that player it's bad. Like others said at 31, we're taking like the 8th OT…only guys worth realistically moving up for was Mims and Troy Fautanu.

Honestly in this case, based on the Cowboys roster. I was back and forth on him too, but the potential is there. For the Cowboys though, they just don't have any other real options at the position.

And I agree with that part, I saw no OT sitting at 31 worth taking. Mims was the OT I really wanted, but no way we were moving up high enough to get him.
Pearsall

Speed-Check
Good route runner-Check
Great hands-Check
Tough-Check

That's all I need to know.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Pearsall

Speed-Check
Good route runner-Check
Great hands-Check
Tough-Check

Forgot an important one

Willing run blocker-Check
We've officially entered the most boring part of the year for football where the same talking points are recycled every other page on the webzone and nothing significant happens in the in the NFL.

Probably going to go mia until camp when Pearsall is killing it, and teams start calling again about BA, Deebo or JJ.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 2, 2024 at 9:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
We've officially entered the most boring part of the year for football where the same talking points are recycled every other page on the webzone and nothing significant happens in the in the NFL.

Probably going to go mia until camp when Pearsall is killing it, and teams start calling again about BA, Deebo or JJ.

We do have the schedule coming out next week I think. So there will be that to talk about. And the rookie OTA's are coming up soon after that I think.
Originally posted by krizay:

Fit. That's what matters. There are transcendent talents who will excel in any situation. But for 90 percent of collegiate players who enter the NFL, how you fit into a scheme or a team's culture has just as much, if not more, to do with your potential success.

Don't know who this KP fella is but he just became my favorite whatever it is he does

This pick threw me off initially but the more I look into him, he's an excellent fit for this team. Very impressive athletic profile and you can tell he takes his craft serious with his his route running and how good his defensive recognition is. Which I think helps translate a lot to insane confidence. Lol
Originally posted by tankle104:

This pick threw me off initially but the more I look into him, he's an excellent fit for this team. Very impressive athletic profile and you can tell he takes his craft serious with his his route running and how good his defensive recognition is. Which I think helps translate a lot to insane confidence. Lol

Am I way off seeing a lot of OBJ in his game? I know Shanny had a bunch of interest in adding Odell to this offense for years, but it never happened, so it would make sense why they loved Ricky and didn't want to risk waiting to select him. If his QB play at Florida was better, I don't think there is a chance in hell he falls to us.

I'm a big fan of KP
Honestly in this case, based on the Cowboys roster. I was back and forth on him too, but the potential is there. For the Cowboys though, they just don't have any other real options at the position.

And I agree with that part, I saw no OT sitting at 31 worth taking. Mims was the OT I really wanted, but no way we were moving up high enough to get him.

Boy if their answer day 1 is Guyton at LT they're in BIG trouble. I'd rather have Tyler smith play LT until this dude learns how to play football.

End of the day OTs go high, even raw ones with good traits/measureables. I liked Blake Fisher in that second tier and he went in the mid 2nd to the Texans.

I expect SF to sign someone next offseason and possibly draft a guy. This yr it was about fixing the interior and I think they found a couple gems.

Pearsall and Cowing were both picks that are preparing for the future. They may hel in 2024 but with the likely departure od Deebo next season they were going to need another receiver. Then we have the new rule change regrading kickoffs. There was some talk about using Deebo but now Pearsall or Cowing are more likely. Some teams will put 2 guys back.
His energy is going to match well. Deebo/Jennings/Aiyuk have that killer energy and our other WRs dont quite match it

Boy if their answer day 1 is Guyton at LT they're in BIG trouble. I'd rather have Tyler smith play LT until this dude learns how to play football.

End of the day OTs go high, even raw ones with good traits/measureables. I liked Blake Fisher in that second tier and he went in the mid 2nd to the Texans.

I expect SF to sign someone next offseason and possibly draft a guy. This yr it was about fixing the interior and I think they found a couple gems.

Oh no doubt. I can't figure out why they let Tyron Smith walk. I know he's older and has had some injury issues, but he had a good season last year. Would have been much more ideal to have guyton sitting and learning behind him, then filling in for a game or two if there was an injury. I read that they were commited to leaving Tyler Smith at guard, but those ideas can change once training camp hits.

I do like Puni a lot. His skill set and attitude both. I don't really see much in Kingston, but hopefully will be a depth piece at least.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Pearsall and Cowing were both picks that are preparing for the future. They may hel in 2024 but with the likely departure od Deebo next season they were going to need another receiver. Then we have the new rule change regrading kickoffs. There was some talk about using Deebo but now Pearsall or Cowing are more likely. Some teams will put 2 guys back.

I mean, it could be if Jennings leaves next yr and not Deebo. I get that cap hit, but people are just putting Deebo out to pasture. He's still got some ball left in him.

imo Ricky is gonna have to show he's a legit #2 before they just ship off Deebo.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Pearsall

Speed-Check
Good route runner-Check
Great hands-Check
Tough-Check

Forgot an important one

Willing run blocker-Check

And another one: start throwing hissy fits(if he is as good as advertised) on social media when it comes time for a contract extension
Share 49ersWebzone