There are 240 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Pearsall and Cowing were both picks that are preparing for the future. They may hel in 2024 but with the likely departure od Deebo next season they were going to need another receiver. Then we have the new rule change regrading kickoffs. There was some talk about using Deebo but now Pearsall or Cowing are more likely. Some teams will put 2 guys back.

I mean, it could be if Jennings leaves next yr and not Deebo. I get that cap hit, but people are just putting Deebo out to pasture. He's still got some ball left in him.

imo Ricky is gonna have to show he's a legit #2 before they just ship off Deebo.

Sure he will but they drafted him to find out. They saw enough in his film to take a shot. Jennings may leave but his cap savings probably won't be enough to sign Brock and keep all the top receivers.
Sure he will but they drafted him to find out. They saw enough in his film to take a shot. Jennings may leave but his cap savings probably won't be enough to sign Brock and keep all the top receivers.

Cap savings? Jennings is a FA after this yr…go look at Philly if you don't think you can have top receivers and a top QB getting paid. The whole we can't keep everyone thing is nonsense.

now if they just don't want to keep Deebo then that's a different story.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 4, 2024 at 11:22 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran

Cap savings? Jennings is a FA after this yr…go look at Philly if you don't think you can have top receivers and a top QB getting paid. The whole we can't keep everyone thing is nonsense.

Philly let a lot of their elite defense walk so they could have that QB/WR combo. And it didn't work out for them. They were the worst defense in the league by the end of the season. Not a great example.
Originally posted by All22:

Philly let a lot of their elite defense walk so they could have that QB/WR combo. And it didn't work out for them. They were the worst defense in the league by the end of the season. Not a great example.

This

I mean you technically can keep everyone, but it involves restructuring contracts and taking big cap hits down the line on players who are past their prime. So we can keep Deebo, but then you have to give him a nice extension and backload a lot of the contract. I don't want a 34 year old Deebo taking up 30+ mil of our cap.

That's why it's important you keep brining in new talent at your important positions and letting some of these guys walk once they hit their 30s.
Pearsall and Cowing were both picks that are preparing for the future. They may hel in 2024 but with the likely departure od Deebo next season they were going to need another receiver. Then we have the new rule change regrading kickoffs. There was some talk about using Deebo but now Pearsall or Cowing are more likely. Some teams will put 2 guys back.

Hopefully, Pearsall becomes our Cooper Kupp and Cowing becomes our Zay Flowers.

Who did they let go? Hardgrave?

they lost their DC and OC and replaced them with trash….this is why they sucked

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 4, 2024 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This

I mean you technically can keep everyone, but it involves restructuring contracts and taking big cap hits down the line on players who are past their prime. So we can keep Deebo, but then you have to give him a nice extension and backload a lot of the contract. I don't want a 34 year old Deebo taking up 30+ mil of our cap.

That's why it's important you keep brining in new talent at your important positions and letting some of these guys walk once they hit their 30s.

Who did they lose? Hardgrave and who else? They replaced him with a high pick at DT who played well…that "elite" defense didn't play as well because of play calling. Not the roster.

They're literally playing everyone man. Ya'll act like Deebo is 33 or some s**t. No one is talking about giving him a 5 yr extension. It's not like his next contract is gonna reset the market either.

I just think it's ridiculous that we have to move off him in a yr. I would rather give Kittle and extension…but my god folks need to stop with Deebo needs to go just because of drafting a rookie who hasn't caught a single ball in the NFL.
SF is an outlier because we aren't just paying good players. We literally set the market and created the HIGHEST paid players at their position for our stars.
The following players all reset the market for their position when they signed:
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

Beautiful. The more and more I've seen on this guy, the more I think it was a great pick. Super unexpected but I think an excellent fit our scheme. Great asset for our young qb too.

ill be curious if we use him on any runs, he has the talent for it, I just worry about the abuse, although he seems good at protecting himself.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
SF is an outlier because we aren't just paying good players. We literally set the market and created the HIGHEST paid players at their position for our stars.
The following players all reset the market for their position when they signed:
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

We paid juice twice too.

we are paying hargrave near the top of the market at DT (or where before this recent free agency), will soon be paying Aiyuk.

it's more than just Brock, although he's a huge part of it, we've got quite a few cheap deal player/rooks to be big time contributors. Such as Greenlaw, corners, Safety, center, tackle, guards. Although not all of it has been great - it's helped keeping the core guys around.

Who did they let go? Hardgrave?

they lost their DC and OC and replaced them with trash….this is why they sucked

I think he's referencing last off season. They lost a lot of key contribute on defense, had a much thinner rotation - which exposed their secondary.

this off season they lost Kelce, which is crazy big, but they still have a really good oline.

I think their new coordinators are an upgrade, but I'm hoping they've lost the locker room after last season. I feel like if Kelce believes they were in a great spot - he might give it another run, but that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This

Who did they lose? Hardgrave and who else? They replaced him with a high pick at DT who played well…that "elite" defense didn't play as well because of play calling. Not the roster.

They're literally playing everyone man. Ya'll act like Deebo is 33 or some s**t. No one is talking about giving him a 5 yr extension. It's not like his next contract is gonna reset the market either.

I just think it's ridiculous that we have to move off him in a yr. I would rather give Kittle and extension…but my god folks need to stop with Deebo needs to go just because of drafting a rookie who hasn't caught a single ball in the NFL.
Let me just put ppls minds at ease, the 49ers DON'T need to offload anyone in 2025, they'll be just fine, they will lose some good players, Jauan, Banks, Hufanga, maybe Dre or Lenoir, if we do the BA deal Ike Bosa's will low cap numbers from 2024-2026, then they can extend Ward, Brock,(who will also be a Bosa like deal with low cap hits from 2025-2027), keep Deebo, CMC, & Kittle on new deals, & maybe we might even be able to extend Dre and/or DMo, as I estimate the team will be around $15m-$18m under after cuts before BAs deal, includes AAs cap room, reason why it's lower is you have account for a 16 man PS, and players 52 & 53mon the roster, plus any injured guys.

I go over some of this with my early roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2024/05/03/my-first-53-man-roster-projection-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-version-1-0/
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think he's referencing last off season. They lost a lot of key contribute on defense, had a much thinner rotation - which exposed their secondary.

this off season they lost Kelce, which is crazy big, but they still have a really good oline.

I think their new coordinators are an upgrade, but I'm hoping they've lost the locker room after last season. I feel like if Kelce believes they were in a great spot - he might give it another run, but that's just my opinion.

Who did they lose? That's what I'm asking….Hardgrave and who else? Everyone is saying "a lot" and I'll I'm seeing is him and CJG as anything meaningful lost last off season.

They demoted their DC and had Patricia take over and that's when s**t really hit the fan. Their offense wasn't good down the stretch either. It was predictable and Hurts deficiencies as a passer were exposed..Sirianni didn't replace the guys who actually called the plays on both sides with good coaches either.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Let me just put ppls minds at ease, the 49ers DON'T need to offload anyone in 2025, they'll be just fine, they will lose some good players, Jauan, Banks, Hufanga, maybe Dre or Lenoir, if we do the BA deal Ike Bosa's will low cap numbers from 2024-2026, then they can extend Ward, Brock,(who will also be a Bosa like deal with low cap hits from 2025-2027), keep Deebo, CMC, & Kittle on new deals, & maybe we might even be able to extend Dre and/or DMo, as I estimate the team will be around $15m-$18m under after cuts before BAs deal, includes AAs cap room, reason why it's lower is you have account for a 16 man PS, and players 52 & 53mon the roster, plus any injured guys.

I go over some of this with my early roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2024/05/03/my-first-53-man-roster-projection-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-version-1-0/

Thanks man…now if the team doesn't think Deebo is worth keeping on the roster at the price he wants, that's different. Same with Kittle. Folks acting like they can't keep most of our guys and make the team better…haven't been looking very hard at the rest of the league and now it goes.
Share 49ersWebzone