There are 352 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
SF is an outlier because we aren't just paying good players. We literally set the market and created the HIGHEST paid players at their position for our stars.
The following players all reset the market for their position when they signed:
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

I mean okay? Most of those guys aren't the highest paid players at their position anymore. When parsons signs his deal…he will be higher than Bosa. Juice is making like $4.5M per, that's not breaking the bank. SF didn't even give CMC his contract.

It's not about creating anything…you have top end talent they reset the market, until the next dude does. Warner was now Smith is. Trent was now its tunsil. Kittle was now it's like 3 other guys etc etc.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 5, 2024 at 5:01 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
SF is an outlier because we aren't just paying good players. We literally set the market and created the HIGHEST paid players at their position for our stars.
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

I mean okay? Most of those guys aren't the highest paid players at their position anymore. When parsons signs his deal…he will be higher than Bosa. Juice is making like $4.5M per, that's not breaking the bank. SF didn't even give CMC his contract.

It's not about creating anything…you have top end talent they reset the market, until the next dude does. Warner was now Smith is. Trent was now its tunsil. Kittle was now it's like 3 other guys etc etc.

I think what he's saying is that it's unusual to see so many players paid amongst the highest at their position all on one team

How many teams can you name with 4-5+ guys all paid amongst the highest in the league at their position? There aren't many, if any. Then the question is are they a good team? Or just over paying guys in free agency?

it's unusual to see so many talented guys on one roster, all being paid, and all winning. At least in my opinion. I can't think of many.
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 5, 2024 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

I think what he's saying is that it's unusual to see so many players paid amongst the highest at their position all on one team

How many teams can you name with 4-5+ guys all paid amongst the highest in the league at their position? There aren't many, if any. Then the question is are they a good team? Or just over paying guys in free agency?

it's unusual to see so many talented guys on one roster, all being paid, and all winning. At least in my opinion. I can't think of many.

We have the best cap guy in the NFL. He keeps us healthy regardless.
Originally posted by WINiner:
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

They do a good job but it's also a combination of good drafting, good signings, good culture, good free agents etc. all of it helps make it happen - it's really cool to see.
Not sure if anyone mention this already. Niners basically drafted Rob Van Winkle.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Make him sing Ice Ice Baby during the rookie show at end of training camp.
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on May 6, 2024 at 12:18 AM ]
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

The funny thing about that is that I remember well the time where everyone hated Paraag, because they assumed that he was the reason for the leaks prior to and during the Harbaugh years. My how things have changed.😂😂😂
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The funny thing about that is that I remember well the time where everyone hated Paraag, because they assumed that he was the reason for the leaks prior to and during the Harbaugh years. My how things have changed.😂😂😂

lol he was public enemy #1. For sure.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

This has me excited. Some were worried about Deebo being upset.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
This

I mean you technically can keep everyone, but it involves restructuring contracts and taking big cap hits down the line on players who are past their prime. So we can keep Deebo, but then you have to give him a nice extension and backload a lot of the contract. I don't want a 34 year old Deebo taking up 30+ mil of our cap.

That's why it's important you keep brining in new talent at your important positions and letting some of these guys walk once they hit their 30s.

Who did they lose? Hardgrave and who else? They replaced him with a high pick at DT who played well…that "elite" defense didn't play as well because of play calling. Not the roster.

They're literally playing everyone man. Ya'll act like Deebo is 33 or some s**t. No one is talking about giving him a 5 yr extension. It's not like his next contract is gonna reset the market either.

I just think it's ridiculous that we have to move off him in a yr. I would rather give Kittle and extension…but my god folks need to stop with Deebo needs to go just because of drafting a rookie who hasn't caught a single ball in the NFL.

They've lost quite a few on the defensive side.

You can pay everyone, sure. But that means a lot of contract restructures and back loading money on players that will be out of their prime and taking big cap hits in the future. That's just not a good way to keep a consistent contender. Just gotta hope that we can draft good young talent.

Originally posted by Brucey72:

Pretty sure that was before the draft

Not just because he was a/the source of the leaks, and definitely not because he actually has some positive qualities.
OT Williams
TE Kittle
DE Bosa
RB CMC
FB Juice
LB Warner

A very small minority.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Awesome to see. Deebo shouldn't feel threatened by him. If Deebo plays at the level he can - he'll be fine.

I didn't think anyone was going anywhere this season. Pearsall should just make them even more open. He knows that skill set should help us against the better man coverage teams.

love seeing this
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
They've lost quite a few on the defensive side.

You can pay everyone, sure. But that means a lot of contract restructures and back loading money on players that will be out of their prime and taking big cap hits in the future. That's just not a good way to keep a consistent contender. Just gotta hope that we can draft good young talent.

Can you please tell me who Philly lost? Everyone keeps saying they lost a bunch of meaningful guys on their defense…..who?
Share 49ersWebzone