There are 193 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Can you please tell me who Philly lost? Everyone keeps saying they lost a bunch of meaningful guys on their defense…..who?

Hargrave
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
They've lost quite a few on the defensive side.

You can pay everyone, sure. But that means a lot of contract restructures and back loading money on players that will be out of their prime and taking big cap hits in the future. That's just not a good way to keep a consistent contender. Just gotta hope that we can draft good young talent.

Can you please tell me who Philly lost? Everyone keeps saying they lost a bunch of meaningful guys on their defense…..who?

Byard and Reddick this off season. Didn't look more into it, I'm sure there's a few other starters

Last year 4 starters on defense and a couple offensive players

Within the first few hours, the Eagles lost four starters from the NFL's No. 2 defense – T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Javon Hargrave and Kyzir White.

In the next few days, they also lost Pro Bowl running back Miles Sanders, starting guard Isaac Seumalo and NFL interception leader Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

You can pay everyone, sure. But that means a lot of contract restructures and back loading money on players that will be out of their prime and taking big cap hits in the future. That's just not a good way to keep a consistent contender. Just gotta hope that we can draft good young talent.

Byard and Reddick this off season. Didn't look more into it, I'm sure there's a few other starters

Within the first few hours, the Eagles lost four starters from the NFL's No. 2 defense – T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Javon Hargrave and Kyzir White.

In the next few days, they also lost Pro Bowl running back Miles Sanders, starting guard Isaac Seumalo and NFL interception leader Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

Isn't CGJ back with them? They signed Bryce Huff. They signed Saquan Barkley. Wasn't Byard a bust for them? They look better and like they are paying a lot of guys on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Isn't CGJ back with them? They signed Bryce Huff. They signed Saquan Barkley. Wasn't Byard a bust for them? They look better and like they are paying a lot of guys on both sides of the ball.

Point is they lost players, some very good players and some were decent starters.

I just don't understand this notion that you can keep everyone and keep signing/trading for top talent.

It's not like the Chiefs didn't want Hill anymore, they just couldn't afford him.

We'll see what Philly looks like this year. They added some good players and got pretty lucky in the draft that the board fell in a way they could address their weaknesses with arguably the best players on the board(hope i'm wrong tho), they brought in a great RB like Barkley, some talented players in FA and added some quality coaches.

At the same time they lost a key piece to their OL, rookies are unproven and Vic Fangio wasn't exactly a cheat code for the Dolphins. Given their HC and his personality and how their season blew up last year it will be interesting to see if they hit any adversity. They don't seem like a team ready to handle that well.

The problem with the Eagles is I think the book is out on Hurts. Keep him in the pocket and take away his 1st read. And the 2nd issue with them is they are depending on alot of young(while talented) unproven players to make their defense better. They don't have a Bosa or Warner on that defense. That elite proven superstar.
Eagles main issue last year was Hurts health and the coaching staff. Whitout being able to use his legs Hurts wasn't as good. And the coordinators that took over the Cardinals and Colts are good coaches. Siranni doesn't have a clue what he's doing. They hired some good assistants this year. I expect the Eagles and Lions to be our toughest competition in the NFC.

Last yr dude…we aren't taking about this year and they spent some serious cash this off season anyway…Highest paid LG, Huff, smith, AJ brown, Barkley etc.

Dude you don't seriously think any of those names besides Hargrave mean anything? They lost guys that are the equivalent of signing Yetur Gross-Matos.

We weren't in talking about their offense.

So like I said they lost Hargrave and basically nothing else meaningful.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 8, 2024 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by babarvaart:

Hargrave

Literally the only meaningful defensive player they lost last yr. I don't know why people are making up stuff.
Point is they lost players, some very good players and some were decent starters.

I just don't understand this notion that you can keep everyone and keep signing/trading for top talent.

It's not like the Chiefs didn't want Hill anymore, they just couldn't afford him.

No actually they didn't lose very good players on defense (which was the discussion) last yr.

No they could have kept Hill, they just didn't want to pay him what he wanted.

Hargrave

Literally the only meaningful defensive player they lost last yr. I don't know why people are making up stuff.

They lost both starting safeties, both starting LBs and those were areas they couldn't afford to in addition to Hargrave. I said last offseason they took a pretty big hit on D.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Hargrave

They lost both starting safeties, both starting LBs and those were areas they couldn't afford to in addition to Hargrave. I said last offseason they took a pretty big hit on D.

Yeah, they didn't lose any big names besides Hargrave but they lost like 6 quality players and that were huge in their rotation. They didn't have quality depth anymore.

their biggest loss was their coordinators and depth. Which I believe made the head coach lose the locker room down the stretch. We will see how they do with their new coordinators but it's an uphill battle. Still a talented team but I like our chances against them.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

And you probably had no clue who 3 of the 4 players were until you looked up their names lol. CGJ gets tossed around like a football.

Acting like losing those guys lead to a bad defense is absurd. They replaced one safety spot with a better S. Philly's LBers have stunk since Ryans left. They replaced Hardgrave with a DT that was regarded as the best player in the draft last yr. No they most certainly didn't take a bit hit. That's a reach imo.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 8, 2024 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah, they didn't lose any big names besides Hargrave but they lost like 6 quality players and that were huge in their rotation. They didn't have quality depth anymore.

their biggest loss was their coordinators and depth. Which I believe made the head coach lose the locker room down the stretch. We will see how they do with their new coordinators but it's an uphill battle. Still a talented team but I like our chances against them.

They lost those guys because they weren't worth resigning not because they're really good players.

That's like saying SF lost Colton McKivitz and replaced him with a rookie lol.
Share 49ersWebzone