There are 132 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
lol Like I said, proof is in the pudding. You can see a drastic drop from the prior season to the next. You can point to whatever you want as the reason, fact of the matter is I said those losses would hurt and the results back that. It was a MASSIVE drop for their D. Calm down man, it's just opinions.

Telling me to calm down when you can't acknowledge the facts lol. I'm perfectly fine my dude.

You think losing a couple low end starters who went on to stink on their new teams just the same was the reason for a MASSIVE drop. When in reality it was the MASSIVE drop in defensive coaching gone and replaced with a proven horrible DC.

toss in their offense not putting points on the board the second half of the year because everyone figured out how to stop their vanilla ass play calling….which forced the D to actually have to defend the run and no pin their ear back. Sure sure sure….losing white and Epps was the real reason 😝

What are the facts? They lost those players I mentioned and they lost the DC and other coaches? So what are you arguing lol? Did I say that losing those players was the sole reason? I absolutely did not. What I said was they were going to take a hit and got worse. You can't definitively say what the true cause was, so it's a moo point. Move on
lol Like I said, proof is in the pudding. You can see a drastic drop from the prior season to the next. You can point to whatever you want as the reason, fact of the matter is I said those losses would hurt and the results back that. It was a MASSIVE drop for their D. Calm down man, it's just opinions.

Telling me to calm down when you can't acknowledge the facts lol. I'm perfectly fine my dude.

You think losing a couple low end starters who went on to stink on their new teams just the same was the reason for a MASSIVE drop. When in reality it was the MASSIVE drop in defensive coaching gone and replaced with a proven horrible DC.

toss in their offense not putting points on the board the second half of the year (19 pts per game from the 49er game on) because everyone figured out how to stop their vanilla ass play calling….which forced the D to actually have to defend the run and no pin their ear back. Sure sure sure….losing white and Epps was the real reason 😝

What are the facts? They lost those players I mentioned and they lost the DC and other coaches? So what are you arguing lol? Did I say that losing those players was the sole reason? I absolutely did not. What I said was they were going to take a hit and got worse. You can't definitively say what the true cause was, so it's a moo point. Move on

I'm arguing that losing low end starters was not the main reason for taking a massive dip on defense…my whole point was folks saying they couldn't pay everyone and lost a MASSIVE about of talent because of it. I said who mattered besides JH that they lost? I ask for names and people gave me low end starters as "proof" I said that s**t was not the reason that they took a step back.

I could argue that they actually replaced most of those guys with similar to better talent.

second half of the yr (49ers game on) they avg 19 pts per game. Their offense was figured out. Hurts and his lack of pocket play and accuracy showed up.

They weren't able to just pin their ears back and get 70 sacks like last yr. Their TO ratio went from +8 to -10. Matt Patricia sucks balls and of course they replaced him with Fangio.

end of the day they lost guys that were on the bottom of their "starting" roster, so they could pay all the meaningful guys. SF can do the same. I'll gladly keep Kittle/Deebo/BA if it means you have to lose the brunskill and Burk's of the world to do it.

I'm arguing that losing low end starters was not the main reason for taking a massive dip on defense…my whole point was folks saying they couldn't pay everyone and lost a MASSIVE about of talent because of it. I said who mattered besides JH that they lost? I ask for names and people gave me low end starters as "proof" I said that s**t was not the reason that they took a step back.

I could argue that they actually replaced most of those guys with similar to better talent.

second half of the yr (49ers game on) they avg 19 pts per game. Their offense was figured out. Hurts and his lack of pocket play and accuracy showed up.

They weren't able to just pin their ears back and get 70 sacks like last yr. Their TO ratio went from +8 to -10. Matt Patricia sucks balls and of course they replaced him with Fangio.

end of the day they lost guys that were on the bottom of their "starting" roster, so they could pay all the meaningful guys. SF can do the same. I'll gladly keep Kittle/Deebo/BA if it means you have to lose the brunskill and Burk's of the world to do it.

Great. It's an opinion you can't definitively prove, especially when the stats fly in face of it….so move on
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

toss in their offense not putting points on the board the second half of the year (19 pts per game from the 49er game on) because everyone figured out how to stop their vanilla ass play calling….which forced the D to actually have to defend the run and no pin their ear back. Sure sure sure….losing white and Epps was the real reason 😝

😀
Great. It's an opinion you can't definitively prove, especially when the stats fly in face of it….so move on

And neither can you. Good talk 🙃

And neither can you. Good talk 🙃

I never said I could nor did I get all wound up about it lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 9, 2024 at 10:41 AM ]

😀

Me talking to you about it doesn't equal getting wound up

Me talking to you about it doesn't equal getting wound up
all this because I simply said I said last year they lost some underrated guys that I thought would impact their D…wasn't even saying you were wrong or trying to debate you lol

-And you probably had no clue who 3 of the 4 players were until you looked up their names lol
-Acting like losing those guys lead to a bad defense is absurd.
-yr. No they most certainly didn't take a bit hit. That's a reach
-Those guys are not underrated, they're avg to below avg starters in the league
-It actually wasn't. You said they lost a lot of defensive players
-the proof is right in front of your face. I told you why and you didn't even acknowledge it because it doesn't help your debate—Yeah let's not talk about that because they lost a couple dudes that no one would have been able to say they played in Philly unless they looked it up lol.
-Telling me to calm down when you can't acknowledge the facts lol
-You think losing a couple low end starters who went on to stink on their new teams just the same was the reason for a MASSIVE drop.
-Sure sure sure….losing white and Epps was the real reason 😝
-I ask for names and people gave me low end starters as "proof

all this because I simply said I said last year they lost some underrated guys that I thought would impact their D…wasn't even saying you were wrong or trying to debate you lol

-And you probably had no clue who 3 of the 4 players were until you looked up their names lol
-Acting like losing those guys lead to a bad defense is absurd.
-yr. No they most certainly didn't take a bit hit. That's a reach
-Those guys are not underrated, they're avg to below avg starters in the league
-It actually wasn't. You said they lost a lot of defensive players
-the proof is right in front of your face. I told you why and you didn't even acknowledge it because it doesn't help your debate—Yeah let's not talk about that because they lost a couple dudes that no one would have been able to say they played in Philly unless they looked it up lol.
-Telling me to calm down when you can't acknowledge the facts lol
-You think losing a couple low end starters who went on to stink on their new teams just the same was the reason for a MASSIVE drop.
-Sure sure sure….losing white and Epps was the real reason 😝
-I ask for names and people gave me low end starters as "proof

You consider those comments as being wound up lol? s**t out of all the posters in here I didn't think you'd be that sensitive about it lol?

all22 said they lost a good portion of their elite defense. I said huh? Outside of JH they lost lower level starters and replaced them with the same talent level. Gore then went on to say they lost guys on offense (which wasn't the discussion) talking about miles sanders and not stating that they replaced him with Swift.

losing guys like White/Edmonds/Epps is the equivalent of losing Brunskill or maybe Al-Shaair. That s**t ain't changing your defense/offense, especially if it means you get to keep your star players.
I think I'm lost... I'm looking for the Pearsall thread....
  • thl408
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
I think I'm lost... I'm looking for the Pearsall thread....

Is his name pronounced "Pairs all" or "Peers all"?
it's pierce all;
  • thl408
it's pierce all;

Nice
Share 49ersWebzone