There are 249 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Might be our sure hand returner...not like in the last SB.
Dude sucks so much he'll instantly be in Shanahan's doghouse
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by 91til:
No reason this guy can't play year one with how banged up Deebo gets; also he offers something different than Deebo and Jennings, he's more similar to Aiyuk out of the three, you can see the skillset to be a well-rounded solid WR2 with time.

Aiyuk is strong and will get in your ass. Can this guy?

Wrong forum bro. No getting in ass here
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah. Not seeing much to be excited about.

-Outstanding route runner
-Some of the best hands in college football
-Ridiculous agility. He's going to be a night are to cover in the short to intermediate area of the field.

He's a really good fit for the offense and a boost for Purdy. Maybe not the exact guy I wanted but the pick makes sense.
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.

I hate it. Just have to hope it is a JJ replacement and not an Aiyuk replacement because no way JJ returns after next season.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I don't know what it means cuz you hear the convo about WR pick could forecast a trade, I hope they keep everybody, get Brock loaded here with weapons it will only help his development

I think they keep everyone. All we did was add a weapon and realistically open our options to move on from deebo or so in a year.

Good call, he is a Sr. Citizen now
As a gator fan I love pearsall and I think brock will love him too. Unfortunately a lot of his best routes overlap with CMC's. He's not really a replacement for BA or for Juan per se. Interested in how Shanny draw up his routes.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Guys keep saying he was a second rounder. We picked at 31. Its basically a 2nd round pick. This board knows very little about evaluating talent. This board loved Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. You guys act like we passed on Marvin Harrison for Pearsall.

As did Shanahan and Lynch…
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
I think he'll be on limited snaps this season but will be seen as a replacement for Jennings next season (different players, just replacing his spot as WR3).

Jennings will be like Bourne. No way we'll pay Deebo and Aiyuk and have anything left for Jennings. Someone will pay him too well for us to match.

So they spent a 1st rounder on your #3 wr 2 years from now. That's pretty bad value

This is why I wasn't high on receiver. We just don't throw enough. With that said, maybe it means we throw more. Can still add to OL on day 2.
If this guy becomes a stud, going back to page 1 of this thread will be hilarious.

I'm looking at his highlights and I don't see it. I'm willing to bet he's a bust.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by 91til:
No reason this guy can't play year one with how banged up Deebo gets; also he offers something different than Deebo and Jennings, he's more similar to Aiyuk out of the three, you can see the skillset to be a well-rounded solid WR2 with time.

Aiyuk is strong and will get in your ass. Can this guy?

Wrong forum bro. No getting in ass here

My bad
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This team cannot draft in the first 3 rounds. This is pathetic.

I wanted tackle. But, Shanahan knows WR's. He knows how to pick them. He knows how to develop them. Gotta trust the man.

The thing is though, it wasnt a need if we keep Ajuik. And...its a super deep class of WRs.

Im trying to make sense of this but cant.

KNBR just reported that the 49ers are now expected to seek a trade of Deebo to the highest bidder. A Chronicle X TWEET from Silver. Who knows?

A trade for what? First round is over!!
his combine assessment on NFL.COM, "He might have the ceiling of a quality backup with punt return value."
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Other than that one handed catch, nothing in his highlights impressed me.
Share 49ersWebzone