There are 270 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Cautiously optimistic on this guy. I just can't help having flashbacks of Dante Pettis and how he was he shining at this point too.

Time will tell ultimately but Pearsall has always seemed like someone a lot more locked in, like he had to make to the NFL, there was no other option where Pettis was just a very athletic dude who was good at football but didn't love the grind.

Pearsall and Cowing could both be big surprises. I keep hearing good things about both of them. Stuff like hiw quick they get in and out of routes. Explosiveness. How competitive they are. Toughness. All good traits.

I think both Pearsall and cowing are going to be excellent. They both are mature and refined - they're ready to contribute if they can learn the offense properly. Cowing can provide that great speed with precise route running weve always desired. Both bring to the table excellent routes, speed. And hands.

Both seem to highly committed to their craft and the game, which is something Pettis didn't have. Theyre not even in the same realm , IMO.

its going to be really interesting if we haven't signed Aiyuk in training camp and both those guys get a lot of valuable reps, cause it they show out - it would be interesting how the teams desire to extend Aiyuk goes . Im not saying we won't sign Aiyuk, just that there are variables that can still change the show.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Pettis didn't fail because he sucked. Dude could've easily been as good or possibly better than any of the WRs on the team right now. The talent was there. The dude failed because he wasn't committed to football.

By all accounts, Pearsall eats, sleeps and breathes football.

If anything he has that football psycho energy that would put a Bill Belichick over the moon.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/molded-ricky-pearsall-future-49ers-wide-receiver-19454933.php?

"In high school he never went out," said his mom, Erin. "And, honestly, as a mom I was a little bit worried at first: 'Don't you want to go out and hang out with your friends? ' But Ricky had his eyes on the prize. He wasn't easily influenced by parties and the stuff that a lot of teenagers are influenced by. He's always marched to the beat of his own drum."

Pearsall would catch 100 consecutive balls from a JUGS machine, before and after practice, and he would restart when he had a drop. The result: He had six drops on 233 career targets and had the fourth-lowest drop rate in college football last season, when he had career highs in catches (65) and yards (965).

At Arizona State, where Pearsall spent three years before transferring to Florida for his final two seasons, Sun Devils head coach Herm Edwards occasionally had to order Pearsall to not practice.

Edwards, a former NFL cornerback and head coach, raved about Pearsall to 49ers general manager John Lynch while noting his quest for greatness could run him ragged.

"I told John this: You've got to protect him from himself," Edwards said. "Because he's a full-speed guy. He can wear himself down just because of the way he practices and goes about his business. He's so competitive. Every once in a while, you've got to say, 'OK, this is like a half-speed drill. Just slow down.' And there were other times, 'No, man, you're not practicing today. You get a day. You're not doing it.' And it would be, 'Aw, Coach.' "

Pearsall's passion helped transform him from a little-used underclassman — he had 13 catches in his first two seasons at ASU — into the No. 31 pick in the NFL draft. Head coach Kyle Shanahan, a former college wide receiver, said it was obvious in studying Pearsall that his routes were a result of gym-rat hours.

"He's an extremely advanced route runner," said director of player personnel Tariq Ahmad. "There's extremely advanced detail in his routes. Polish. Understanding how to beat man coverage. Understanding the areas in the zone to attack."

Ahmad was also struck by Pearsall's willingness to attack defenders with an aggression that belies his size. Edwards said Pearsall's courage in catching passes over the middle, an area of the field where big hits often await, is a quality that often separates wide receivers in the NFL.

On hell yeah 😍😍
In the past I was skeptical about guys like Aiyuk because of the QB situation and the 49ers not having a QB that was consistently getting the ball out on time, accurately or both. Now I'm very excited to see how Purdy can take advantage of Pearsall's outstanding route running.

And not just Pearsall because Cowing is also an amazing route runner and its something that both these guys emphasize a ton. They're both noted film junkies and have shown tremendous improvement throughout their college careers.

Purdy's going to have someone open somewhere on the field at all times.

I love it. I really don't see how someone can't get open if we have Pearsall, Deebo/aiyuk, CMC, Kittle, Juice on the field all at the same time.

even if we run Deebo, Aiyuk, Pearsall, Kittle , CMC.

I really think cowing in the slot is going to be dangerous af. These two guys speed and route running is going to blow up the passing game. Itll be near impossible to cover all of those guys every down. Just need protection to hold up.
Looking forward to the Peardy plays. Sounds like a baller, like Brock some. Synergy ⚡️
  • thl408
Lots of good things about Pearsall coming out of minicamp, or whatever they are doing. Hopefully it remains good when they put pads on and CBs are allowed to press bump and run.
Originally posted by thl408:
Lots of good things about Pearsall coming out of minicamp, or whatever they are doing. Hopefully it remains good when they put pads on and CBs are allowed to press bump and run.

I've taught myself not to get hyped up or down on players after early reviews and before real games start.

Having said that, i'll always prefer the hype and hope it continues vs the downs and hope the players breaks out of them.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by thl408:

I've taught myself not to get hyped up or down on players after early reviews and before real games start.

Having said that, i'll always prefer the hype and hope it continues vs the downs and hope the players breaks out of them.

I've been hyped on Pearsall since the draft after learning two things:

1) The things he's excels at short area burst, getting open, and catching the ball. Even if he struggles some against press, his skills track well to an immediate impact in year 1. Sounds like he's already built an early rapport with Purdy (limited info but good start).

2) Seeing CJ Stroud heartbroken Pearsall wasn't a Texan. This is the truest form of game recognize game, and who the heck am I to argue? lol.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for RonnieLott.
Pearsall will be a perennial All Pro.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Pettis didn't fail because he sucked. Dude could've easily been as good or possibly better than any of the WRs on the team right now. The talent was there. The dude failed because he wasn't committed to football.

By all accounts, Pearsall eats, sleeps and breathes football.

If anything he has that football psycho energy that would put a Bill Belichick over the moon.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/molded-ricky-pearsall-future-49ers-wide-receiver-19454933.php?

"In high school he never went out," said his mom, Erin. "And, honestly, as a mom I was a little bit worried at first: 'Don't you want to go out and hang out with your friends? ' But Ricky had his eyes on the prize. He wasn't easily influenced by parties and the stuff that a lot of teenagers are influenced by. He's always marched to the beat of his own drum."

Pearsall would catch 100 consecutive balls from a JUGS machine, before and after practice, and he would restart when he had a drop. The result: He had six drops on 233 career targets and had the fourth-lowest drop rate in college football last season, when he had career highs in catches (65) and yards (965).

At Arizona State, where Pearsall spent three years before transferring to Florida for his final two seasons, Sun Devils head coach Herm Edwards occasionally had to order Pearsall to not practice.

Edwards, a former NFL cornerback and head coach, raved about Pearsall to 49ers general manager John Lynch while noting his quest for greatness could run him ragged.

"I told John this: You've got to protect him from himself," Edwards said. "Because he's a full-speed guy. He can wear himself down just because of the way he practices and goes about his business. He's so competitive. Every once in a while, you've got to say, 'OK, this is like a half-speed drill. Just slow down.' And there were other times, 'No, man, you're not practicing today. You get a day. You're not doing it.' And it would be, 'Aw, Coach.' "

Pearsall's passion helped transform him from a little-used underclassman — he had 13 catches in his first two seasons at ASU — into the No. 31 pick in the NFL draft. Head coach Kyle Shanahan, a former college wide receiver, said it was obvious in studying Pearsall that his routes were a result of gym-rat hours.

"He's an extremely advanced route runner," said director of player personnel Tariq Ahmad. "There's extremely advanced detail in his routes. Polish. Understanding how to beat man coverage. Understanding the areas in the zone to attack."

Ahmad was also struck by Pearsall's willingness to attack defenders with an aggression that belies his size. Edwards said Pearsall's courage in catching passes over the middle, an area of the field where big hits often await, is a quality that often separates wide receivers in the NFL.

On hell yeah 😍😍

Lol at the part Herm Edwards ordered him not to practice. CMC doesn't wanna be taken out of games, this dude doesn't want to be taken out of practice. Lol

This article gives me even more of a good feeling about Pearsall!!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Jerry Rice 2.0
Originally posted by Giedi:
Jerry Rice 2.0

Oh, wow, you think he'll be better than the GOAT? Because 2.0 denotes a new and improved version.

tbh it's one of my pet peeves when people post that.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 18, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
lol

Originally posted by Chance:
I've been hyped on Pearsall since the draft after learning two things:

1) The things he's excels at short area burst, getting open, and catching the ball. Even if he struggles some against press, his skills track well to an immediate impact in year 1. Sounds like he's already built an early rapport with Purdy (limited info but good start).

2) Seeing CJ Stroud heartbroken Pearsall wasn't a Texan. This is the truest form of game recognize game, and who the heck am I to argue? lol.

Yeah, he was really gutted. I liked the pick up of Ricky more after I saw that lol.
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 18, 2024 at 11:09 AM ]
That final cut on that was deadly but he failed the the timing and reaction to grab it miserably albeit maybe it was early but you don't get that excuse in the nfl
https://youtube.com/shorts/xgHYDVlLT9Q?
si=hMH-fMZJ-I2BLA9B
[ Edited by Since07 on Jun 19, 2024 at 1:01 PM ]
This guy is going to be a stud. Niners need to start churning out a WR factory and keep these inflated WR contracts to a minimum. Keep drafting WRs and rotate them out when they get too expensive.
Share 49ersWebzone