There are 287 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't wait for this guy tbh
Can he replace BA if he holds out?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Oh, wow, you think he'll be better than the GOAT? Because 2.0 denotes a new and improved version.

Originally posted by Howlett49:
This guy is going to be a stud. Niners need to start churning out a WR factory and keep these inflated WR contracts to a minimum. Keep drafting WRs and rotate them out when they get too expensive.

Agree with this. Paying a WR $30mil is just stupid business, especially in a run first offense that already features multiple All-Pro weapons. Good WRs can be found in every round in every draft
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This guy is going to be a stud. Niners need to start churning out a WR factory and keep these inflated WR contracts to a minimum. Keep drafting WRs and rotate them out when they get too expensive.

Agree with this. Paying a WR $30mil is just stupid business, especially in a run first offense that already features multiple All-Pro weapons. Good WRs can be found in every round in every draft

They can, unfortunately we are very hit and miss on them
Originally posted by JMC52:

They can, unfortunately we are very hit and miss on them

more miss than hit since 2003
Agreed but that does appear to be changing.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

It's still much harder finding solid WRs after the first 2 rounds. We got one now and might as well pay him. Deebo will most likely be gone next year, and after Pearsalls rookie contract is up, so will be BAs and we can move on them. Paying 1 WR big money isn't a deal breaker and you make your QBs life much easier.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Only relevant analysis would be what this current regime has done. 2/3 on 1-2 round picks invested at the position is at least solid. Missed on Pettis and a couple 3rd rounders and found value in Jennings as a 7th.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

It's still much harder finding solid WRs after the first 2 rounds. We got one now and might as well pay him. Deebo will most likely be gone next year, and after Pearsalls rookie contract is up, so will be BAs and we can move on them. Paying 1 WR big money isn't a deal breaker and you make your QBs life much easier.

Not sure what you're saying here about paying him.

I have no idea if Deebo will be gone. Every year his contract is cheaper and cheaper compared to the market value. Unless we can get some remarkable value, I don't see us trading him if we can make the cap work with Purdy. Bruce and Holt, Moss and Carter, and of course Rice and Owens are great examples of why we should try. If we can hold 2 great WRs, it makes an impact.

We'll see if the rookies make enough of an impact to change things.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jun 19, 2024 at 10:16 PM ]

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Not sure what you're saying here about paying him.

I have no idea if Deebo will be gone. Every year his contract is cheaper and cheaper compared to the market value. Unless we can get some remarkable value, I don't see us trading him if we can make the cap work with Purdy. Bruce and Holt, Moss and Carter, and of course Rice and Owens are great examples of why we should try. If we can hold 2 great WRs, it makes an impact.

We'll see if the rookies make enough of an impact to change things.

I could see him staying one more year after 2024, but I don't know if the team will want to lose him for nothing in FA (I guess we could get a comp pick). Either way Deebo will be gone after 2024 via trade or in FA 2025, highly doubt we extend a guy entering his 30s to a new expensive contract.

They can and while there are a couple of receivers that are better, very few can do all Aiyuk does. He is in the perfect offense for a receiver like him. He also gets the luxury (not sure ge realizes) of defenses not gameplanning to stop him. It's take away CMC and Deebo. This allows Aiyuk to flourish and do his thing. I'm sure this will be worked out by late July/early August.
Bruce and Holt, Moss and Carter, and of course Rice and Owens are great examples of why we should try.
Only 1 SB between these great pairings though.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Only relevant analysis would be what this current regime has done. 2/3 on 1-2 round picks invested at the position is at least solid. Missed on Pettis and a couple 3rd rounders and found value in Jennings as a 7th.

Pearsall would have to work out in order for us to justify using a 1st on him. But I wonder what that (work out) would have to look like for fans here?

B.A type of progression? Deebo stats?

What would it look like for Pearsall to be considered a successful 1st round pick?

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?
Me wanting a Pearsall jersey

But also me not wanting to rock a Red #14 in northern cali.
Share 49ersWebzone