There are 783 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Talking about the team that beat us?
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by braap49er:

WOW last player to sign in the first round? Diva. We should look into what his trade value is before all the problems with him starts.

Now he's gotta play, we have to hit on this draft pick!

Glad he signed earlier rather than later.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

WOW last player to sign in the first round? Diva. We should look into what his trade value is before all the problems with him starts.

Yeah. Haha I'm glad we got all this tucked away before camp. It's wild the difference in contract value from a top 10 to 31.

Trey got 4 year $34M 4 or so years ago and now our 31 pick got 4 year $12.5M lol hitting on late round picks is great and super affordable.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Let's hope he wins Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I think it'll be Jayden Daniels. I think he will be a good nfl qb - he will get stats under kingsbury too.

I don't think our rookies will get enough opportunities to hit OROY or DROY. with good reason. The guys in front of those rookies are really good. With that said, I hope Pearsall kills it with all of the one on one opportunities he will get. I hope he and Aiyuk put serious stress on defenses by consistently getting open.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Let's hope he wins Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I think it'll be Jayden Daniels. I think he will be a good nfl qb - he will get stats under kingsbury too.

I don't think our rookies will get enough opportunities to hit OROY or DROY. with good reason. The guys in front of those rookies are really good. With that said, I hope Pearsall kills it with all of the one on one opportunities he will get. I hope he and Aiyuk put serious stress on defenses by consistently getting open.

Yeah, I think it would take a bunch of injuries to our key guys for Pearsall to get those kind of opportunities.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Yeah. Haha I'm glad we got all this tucked away before camp. It's wild the difference in contract value from a top 10 to 31.

Trey got 4 year $34M 4 or so years ago and now our 31 pick got 4 year $12.5M lol hitting on late round picks is great and super affordable.

You are 100% correct here, this is a game changer in regards to managing the salary cap. This is basically the only time we can pay a player below the market value. On the flip side, missing on top first rounders creates a dead money disadvantage. Look at Purdy & Lance as the examples of good and bad drafting.
However, we would possibly be in a different position salary cap wise if we had drafted all of the first round picks that we traded for Lance even though we could possibly have an even stronger roster.
The more I look into the new kickoff rules, taking cowing and Pearsall makes even more sense. Specifically cowing. It seems like if you have a quick and shifty guy who can make someone miss - there will be big time plays to be had.

I like having home run threats at all times not just cause the new KO rules. Specially when our returners are only gonna get 1 chance to return kickoffs a game.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
The more I look into the new kickoff rules, taking cowing and Pearsall makes even more sense. Specifically cowing. It seems like if you have a quick and shifty guy who can make someone miss - there will be big time plays to be had.

I like having home run threats at all times not just cause the new KO rules. Specially when our returners are only gonna get 1 chance to return kickoffs a game.

I agree with you here.

Crazy how the NFL basically erased the kick return game from the league over the past ten years and then out of the blue they are making kick returns almost mandatory with a new rule out of the blue.

Now here comes my rant:

I think the best way to rig a league is to keep changing rules each year making it tough for fans to hold you accountable. It is a brilliant strategy by Roger G, as he can create the face of the league (Mahomes/Brady) while also infusing super bowl championships in places that have seen severe SB droughts (KC/Rams/Tampa Bay) or have never won it (Philly) in the name of parity. No one wants to see the 49ers, Steelers, & Cowboys dominate the league like years past. They would rather see the Patriots and Chiefs create new dynasty's. Roger is doing all of this while also trying to bring international attention to the sport of football, where he can tap into new markets and find additional talent. The NFL is more business today, similar to the WWE.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I like having that threat, too. I think cowing can bring that ability while also being much more in the passing game. That's been the problem here, we've had guys who are burners at times but that's all they've really been good for, except Goodwin.

our WR is so deep - it'll be interesting to see how Kyle schemes up these guys who have really impressive skill sets that are mature for rookies.
He has a tattoo of a roulette table and by it, it says, "Bet on me". I dig it. ALL in on Ricky P. 🔥

Originally posted by Montana:
He has a tattoo of a roulette table and by it, it says, "Bet on me". I dig it. ALL in on Ricky P. 🔥

The guy oozes confidence. Lol he seems to ride that fine line of confidence and arrogance well.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
For Lynch's sake, Pearsall better be a hit.

No GM should keep his job after whiffing so badly on multiple first-round picks (including the worst bust in NFL history).
Originally posted by Koldo:

No GM should keep his job after whiffing so badly on multiple first-round picks (including the worst bust in NFL history).

Lol….

Hahahahahahahah
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Fan says give me draft picks I like, not wins.
Share 49ersWebzone