There are 318 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Who thinks Ricky could have over 700 yards receiving in his rookie season?

Idk about receiving but I think it's possible for all purpose. We may use him on some running/receiving/lKR/PR.

I think he will get close to 400-500 yards receiving

I'd be ecstatic if he gets 400 all purpose yards as a rookie

Whos receiving numbers are going to suffer? Or is Brock going for 5k
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Not to mention the amount of carries and passes cmc will get. He's in the back of a long line of players Shanny will get the ball to.
Only way Pearsall gets a chance at those types of numbers is if somebody gets hurt. I think JJ type numbers are realistic, but I'm focused on what he actually does on tape and not production numbers.

Honestly, I don't know how Kyle is going to get all these dudes on the field and get them opps. The Niners have too many weapons, but sheeeit, that's better than not having enough.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 29, 2024 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What would it look like for Pearsall to be considered a successful 1st round pick?

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

I think year 1 is just all about the eye test

year 2 in terms of stats is tricky because he has to share reps with aiyuk, deebo, jennings, and kittle

I think there is also a good chance that he takes reps from Jennings eventually. Jennings is an awesome third down receiver but I think pearsall can be a great third down option and provided a skillset Jennings can't. He just needs to learn the system and get acclimated

I don't see Pearsall having much of an Impact In his first season with the 9ers, but next year could be much different, assuming someone gets traded.
What would it look like for Pearsall to be considered a successful 1st round pick?

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's
Originally posted by RonMexico:

In which games?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's going to have a nice stat sheet in regards to total yards, IMO.

im anxious to see how we use him on short out routes/slants. Like an Edelman/welker. Thats pretty much all our offense is missing. If he can provide that - we may break even more records in regards to efficiency.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

He's going to have a nice stat sheet in regards to total yards, IMO.

im anxious to see how we use him on short out routes/slants. Like an Edelman/welker. Thats pretty much all our offense is missing. If he can provide that - we may break even more records in regards to efficiency.

He's a pretty perfect fit for what we needed in two really important ways: he's a better prototypical slot WR than anyone we had (with much respect to how well Jennings has got it done despite being a very different type of athlete), and he also has the athleticism (and hopefully eventually, the ability to beat press) to come in for BA on the outside when he comes off the field. No offense to Conley but it's nice to have untapped upside there
Where we need to him to perform is a kick and punt returner,

Originally posted by Heroism:
Only way Pearsall gets a chance at those types of numbers is if somebody gets hurt. I think JJ type numbers are realistic, but I'm focused on what he actually does on tape and not production numbers.

Honestly, I don't know how Kyle is going to get all these dudes on the field and get them opps. The Niners have too many weapons, but sheeeit, that's better than not having enough.

All these weapons, same damn o-line
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Like the OL coach said premium picks/cash should be on players that touch the ball. Overall I don't hate that thought process. However acting like OT is just another position is pretty wild for an OL coach.

I mean our center is suppose to be the general for pass protections. We got a career backup/UDFA in there who played like trash in the SB.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Like the OL coach said premium picks/cash should be on players that touch the ball. Overall I don't hate that thought process. However acting like OT is just another position is pretty wild for an OL coach.

I mean our center is suppose to be the general for pass protections. We got a career backup/UDFA in there who played like trash in the SB.

You know on this topic we agree. I like Ricky and think he will be very good, but we shall see how it all pans out.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's

I think your expectations are a little light. I expect him to win the #3 job before the end of his rookie year and at least 600 regardless. Year 2 at least 800...a bit more if he becomes the #2 instead of 3.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's

Those numbers aren't first round pick worthy.

B.A was only selected 5 spots higher, but we will see.
Share 49ersWebzone