There are 256 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What would it look like for Pearsall to be considered a successful 1st round pick?

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's

I think your expectations are a little light. I expect him to win the #3 job before the end of his rookie year and at least 600 regardless. Year 2 at least 800...a bit more if he becomes the #2 instead of 3.

There are a lot of weapons and I don't expect him to get all the passes. At least right away. That could change if Brandon Aiyuk holds out. Then he will shift up the depth chart and get a lot more catches and possible TD's. Hope he translates to the NFL.
lol Kyle doesn't play rookies much unless he's forced to. i don't see RP supplanting JJ or Deebo this year. even if he plays well. RP is nowhere near the blocker of the aforementioned WRs either.

man the RP hype on here is getting wild.
It's going to be interesting if BA isn't extended this offseason, and we see Ricky playing X during camp and the preseason. He'll need to prove he can get off the jam and consistently beat press, but he's got the athleticism and skill to play there. I think the biggest issue will be getting a little bigger and stronger, which obviously will happen.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 3, 2024 at 10:08 AM ]
I think Pearsall could be a decent outside WR but I think he could be an elite slot guy. This is why extending BA is so crucial. Because if you let BA go, then you have to force Pearsall to play outside because we have nobody else who can play that BA role.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
lol Kyle doesn't play rookies much unless he's forced to. i don't see RP supplanting JJ or Deebo this year. even if he plays well. RP is nowhere near the blocker of the aforementioned WRs either.

Ding ding ding
Hmmm good point about the blocking.
Originally posted by Montana:
Hmmm good point about the blocking.
We don't know how his blocking is also

i hope we are going to see RP a little more than other rookies, so we can have our guys a little more healthy towards the end of the season
Ricky P looking fire on those routes 🔥...watch out, Slick Rick about to light this sh-t UP!
Hope this kid does great for us but he's got a snowballs chance in hell of beating out Juan Jennings. Only way he gets any significant time is if there's injuries to guys above him. It's not unrealistic to think there could be injuries to one of the top 3 guys but with Debo and BA basically being in possibly the last year with the Niners and both looking the cash in if that turns out true, It's possible that both guys have big years and play through nagging injuries to get the numbers they want.

RP will have a tough hill to climb imo.
Originally posted by Montana:
Ricky P looking fire on those routes 🔥...watch out, Slick Rick about to light this sh-t UP!

His routes really do look great.

What would it look like for Pearsall to be considered a successful 1st round pick?

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's

the fifties are what gets me....lol
Originally posted by random49er:

Stats:

Year 1?
Year 2?
Year 3?
Year 4?

300 - 1 TD
500 - 2 TD's
750 - 5 TD's
1,050 - 7 TD's

the fifties are what gets me....lol

They are rough averages. Rounded. That's the point.

😏

[ Edited by Montana on Jul 5, 2024 at 12:04 AM ]
dude ends up being the next cooper kupp
Originally posted by boast:

Share 49ersWebzone