There are 324 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by boast:
lol Kyle doesn't play rookies much unless he's forced to. i don't see RP supplanting JJ or Deebo this year. even if he plays well. RP is nowhere near the blocker of the aforementioned WRs either.

man the RP hype on here is getting wild.

Aiyuk got 750 yards receiving and he wasn't known for blocking coming out of college
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 6, 2024 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol Kyle doesn't play rookies much unless he's forced to. i don't see RP supplanting JJ or Deebo this year. even if he plays well. RP is nowhere near the blocker of the aforementioned WRs either.

Aiyuk got 750 yards receiving and he wasn't known for blocking coming out of college
While those are good examples, we were forced to use them from the jump.

way to read and comprehend my first sentence. even Deebo wasnt enough in '19. the team had to trade for Emmanuel Sanders.

So that is the target for Pearsall?

Somewhere between 750 & 800 yards in year 1?

Remember Pearsall was selected higher than Deebo.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jul 7, 2024 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Pearsall was selected by a team with a MUCH better roster top to bottom than Deebo. That should be considered also.

Hell no, way to many mouths to feed

Hell no, way to many mouths to feed

If Deebo gets hurt and/or Pearsall can separate better, Pearsall will get fed. Just saying

The target is to win and evolve, not get each player a set amount of numbers.

This idea of "able" rookie WRs being forced to sit under Kyle is kind of a farce though.

WR injuries are fairly common and the kid just needs to be ready when his name is called.

This idea of "able" rookie WRs being forced to sit under Kyle is kind of a farce though.

WR injuries are fairly common and the kid just needs to be ready when his name is called.

I agree wth this take... the best player for the right situation is what should matter most. Not that he's a rookie or other reason other then he's just not ready yet. Hopefully he matches the hype, it's interesting to see what he can do the hype is there.
Ricky Pearsall is a smooth criminal.

He does this weird little hop right before he makes a catch
way to read and comprehend my first sentence. even Deebo wasnt enough in '19. the team had to trade for Emmanuel Sanders.

Yes yes. Is that the year we limped and struggled all the way to the Super Bowl?

Someone said Aiyuk is a more-recent example of a 1st round WR. Did he ride pine all season too or wha?

What will really happen is not even up for debate. It's the baselessness of suggesting we go by history that is simply not there when we go look.
[ Edited by random49er on Jul 9, 2024 at 9:20 PM ]
He does this weird little hop right before he makes a catch

Yes yes. Is that the year we limped and struggled all the way to the Super Bowl?

Someone said Aiyuk is a more-recent example of a 1st round WR. Did he ride pine all season too or wha?

What will really happen is not even up for debate. It's the baselessness of suggesting we go by history that is simply not there when we go look.

lol. go back and read my original comment. for one, i never said "1st round rookie WRs" i said rookies. there are plenty of examples when you look at the bigger picture.

let's also go back and reread the original context of my comment and tell me, random49er, who is RP supplanting in a Super Bowl or bust year...Aiyuk, Deebo or Jennings?

my belief is RP was drafted for next season or as insurance if the BA negotiations spun outta control.
[ Edited by boast on Jul 10, 2024 at 10:15 AM ]

I concur. He doesn't need to do anything crazy - just execute and be ready for when his number is called.

Pearsall brings an element we don't really have - I think similar to an Edelman type where he can get open really quick on short routes for key gains.

The tape will tell if he is a success as a rookie - not necessarily his numbers, IMO. How's his effort on each play? Does he block? Does he consume defensive players attention on each play by his effort (when he isn't getting the ball) and block till the whistle. Are his hands reliable. Can he separate. Etc etc.

Way too many excellent players on this offense to key in on stats. Just need him to be an asset for the offense each play, even if he isn't getting the ball. One of the things that makes CMC awesome is how he goes all out every play and that puts a stress on the defense, even when he isn't getting the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone