There are 291 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Activated!
Did anyone see that the Giants had Ricky Pearsall as pick 31 on their draft board and they had him listed as a high character bonus
Originally posted by 9erred:
Did anyone see that the Giants had Ricky Pearsall as pick 31 on their draft board and they had him listed as a high character bonus

Risk or bonus?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Risk or bonus?
Risky bonus
My bad they had him listed as high character and the board was the actual pick.
Yeah the board was just the results and who was on their radar

I couldn't tell either. My color blind ass thought he was pink for character issues
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yeah the board was just the results and who was on their radar

Yeah but they had certain colors for things like high character, questionable character, injuries etc. was hard to make out lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Risk or bonus?
Risky bonus

Risky Pearsall

Loving everything I'm hearing about Pearsall out of camp. I think he'll be the starting split end if they do trade BA, and he absolutely can play split end in time. There will be a ton of growing pains, so nobody should expect him to light the league on fire out the gate. But the 49ers didn't use a first-round pick on him to play exclusively in the slot.

Maybe not now, I believe Ricky will eventually look a lot like Emmanuel Sanders in the 49ers' offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 5, 2024 at 8:33 PM ]
He'll need to step up and play bigtime a lot sooner if Aiyuk gets moved.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He'll need to step up and play bigtime a lot sooner if Aiyuk gets moved.

Indeed, homie.

Slick Rick, it is your time baby.
I don't want this guy to replace Aiyuk as a rookie.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't want this guy to replace Aiyuk as a rookie.

Provided he puts the work in and has the talent, it isn't that hard or uncommon for a rookie WR to make a big impact in the right situation. The only thing is we haven't really seen it here under Kyle but hopefully Pearsall is just different. Deebo wasn't a completely refined WR, Pettis didn't have the drive, Trent Taylor is Trent Taylor. And even though I love what Aiyuk has done here, maybe this whole situation shows there really is an issue with him that either did or didn't have him in Kyle's doghouse depending on what you want to believe.

I thought Deebo handled some things poorly during his contract negotiations but he was never as bad with it as Aiyuk.
Share 49ersWebzone