Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 373 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't want this guy to replace Aiyuk as a rookie.

Provided he puts the work in and has the talent, it isn't that hard or uncommon for a rookie WR to make a big impact in the right situation. The only thing is we haven't really seen it here under Kyle but hopefully Pearsall is just different. Deebo wasn't a completely refined WR, Pettis didn't have the drive, Trent Taylor is Trent Taylor. And even though I love what Aiyuk has done here, maybe this whole situation shows there really is an issue with him that either did or didn't have him in Kyle's doghouse depending on what you want to believe.

I thought Deebo handled some things poorly during his contract negotiations but he was never as bad with it as Aiyuk.

No one saw the Rams WR Pooka doing what he did during this time last year, so there is always a chance.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't want this guy to replace Aiyuk as a rookie.

Provided he puts the work in and has the talent, it isn't that hard or uncommon for a rookie WR to make a big impact in the right situation. The only thing is we haven't really seen it here under Kyle but hopefully Pearsall is just different. Deebo wasn't a completely refined WR, Pettis didn't have the drive, Trent Taylor is Trent Taylor. And even though I love what Aiyuk has done here, maybe this whole situation shows there really is an issue with him that either did or didn't have him in Kyle's doghouse depending on what you want to believe.

I thought Deebo handled some things poorly during his contract negotiations but he was never as bad with it as Aiyuk.

No one saw the Rams WR Pooka doing what he did during this time last year, so there is always a chance.
True. It is extremely rare though
If Jennings can contribute 40 catches and Pearsall 30/40 we should be ok. Maybe Cowing steps up, or Bell.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
If Jennings can contribute 40 catches and Pearsall 30/40 we should be ok. Maybe Cowing steps up, or Bell.

This hasn't been the model, Kyle didn't even throw it to B.A in the SB.

Get ready folks are going to hype up guys just to make themselves feel good about losing BA.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 6, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]

... that's WHY I keep saying he can't game plan.. his actual game plan is to not get the ball to YUCK because he felt that their D will gear up on him.. lol.. KYLE'S A JOKE !!

His followers will keep on saying that " SECOND PLACE !!!! NOT BAD !! YAHOO !! "
Originally posted by 9moon:

... that's WHY I keep saying he can't game plan.. his actual game plan is to not get the ball to YUCK because he felt that their D will gear up on him.. lol.. KYLE'S A JOKE !!

His followers will keep on saying that " SECOND PLACE !!!! NOT BAD !! YAHOO !! "

LOL

I agree with this guy…. He really seems to have his wits about him
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

I agree with this guy…. He really seems to have his wits about him
Originally posted by lamontb:
Get ready folks are going to hype up guys just to make themselves feel good about losing BA.

What if you've been hyped about about Pearsall well before this?

I think he has the potential to be very, very good in this offense, everything he excels at complements what Kyle likes to do and also fits what the QB is best at.

Guess we won't be seeing him Saturday .
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Dammit, just when his connection was getting better with Purdy
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Dammit, just when his connection was getting better with Purdy
Doubt anyone would be playing the first game
Share 49ersWebzone