There are 382 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Apparently Conley is crushing it in camp, so Deebo/Kittle/Conley/Jennings will have to carry the load

you should not judge
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Apparently Conley is crushing it in camp, so Deebo/Kittle/Conley/Jennings will have to carry the load

you should not judge

I am judging.

you should not judge

I am judging.

well you should know by now that you're not good at that

you should not judge

I am judging.

well you should know by now that you're not good at that

There is nobody better.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
With no BA we are going to need 2021 Deebo. Or maybe CMC has a 1000-1000 season. Maybe they finally start to use Kittle like they did in 2019 and use him like the Chiefs use Kelce. Niners have guys who have been underutilized in the passing game because they have had so many guys. But if they lose BA maybe those underutilized guys like Kittle will get more targets. Maybe CMC will get more targets and you won't need to give him as many carries. Even Jennings to a degree has been underutilized.

I thought about this, but you have to assume that those contributors are the ones that often get injured for a few games every single year. Kittle and Deebo as well as McCaffrey. BA was solid as a rock when it came to staying healthy every game of every year.

Aiyuk's health is the one thing he has over everyone else. Maybe the team isn't ready to let go with any of the trio of Deebo/Kittle/CMC because if they sign Aiyuk to what he wants, it means one of the three are gone.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With no BA we are going to need 2021 Deebo. Or maybe CMC has a 1000-1000 season. Maybe they finally start to use Kittle like they did in 2019 and use him like the Chiefs use Kelce. Niners have guys who have been underutilized in the passing game because they have had so many guys. But if they lose BA maybe those underutilized guys like Kittle will get more targets. Maybe CMC will get more targets and you won't need to give him as many carries. Even Jennings to a degree has been underutilized.

I thought about this, but you have to assume that those contributors are the ones that often get injured for a few games every single year. Kittle and Deebo as well as McCaffrey. BA was solid as a rock when it came to staying healthy every game of every year.

Aiyuk's health is the one thing he has over everyone else. Maybe the team isn't ready to let go with any of the trio of Deebo/Kittle/CMC because if they sign Aiyuk to what he wants, it means one of the three are gone.

I agree with your thinking but the player(s) lost as a result of keeping BA would be on Defense, either Greenlaw, Hufanga or even C. Ward imo.

The player on offense that's gone next year is Banks (but he's still on a rookie contract).

I agree with your thinking but the player(s) lost as a result of keeping BA would be on Defense, either Greenlaw, Hufanga or even C. Ward imo.

The player on offense that's gone next year is Banks (but he's still on a rookie contract).

Moreso thinking longterm. If you are paying Deebo X, you can't have Aiyuk making significantly more. I figure a defensive player is gone regardless, probably two. My guess is Greenlaw and Ward.
Moreso thinking longterm. If you are paying Deebo X, you can't have Aiyuk making significantly more. I figure a defensive player is gone regardless, probably two. My guess is Greenlaw and Ward.

Greenlaw will definitely go if one of these young LBs steps up this season. Ward looks gone regardless as they will have to pay DeMo who is younger and still a bit cheaper, hopefully Green can step up next season, or maybe Yiadom continues to rise.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Get ready folks are going to hype up guys just to make themselves feel good about losing BA.

What if you've been hyped about about Pearsall well before this?

I think he has the potential to be very, very good in this offense, everything he excels at complements what Kyle likes to do and also fits what the QB is best at.

was there ever a player we brought in that did not have POTENTIAL to be very good in this offense??

the so called expert made an ALL PRO out of Baby Face Lance after he threw his 1st TD pass..
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Injuries continue to plague us. Pre, during and post season. s**t luck when it comes to injuries. Makes missing the ring last year that much harder to take.

FUN SIDE-NOTE: Kyle lost both Super Bowls and got burned in the 2019 preseason all on the same plays from Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes….Proof that Kyle is better at showing up buzzed to press week instead of winning Super Bowls. 👍
I am definitely not a shanny but also can't fully saddle him with the loss last year. Bad luck seems to follow him when it counts most.

bad luck always gets attached when one can not win the big one...

Get healthy Slick Rick, your time to shine is fast approaching!
  • 91til
  • Veteran

also one thing people aren't thinking is that those guys get better opportunities because Aiyuk is working against the opponents top CB, and is running those deeper routes and commanding the deep safeties attention. Deebo and Jennings are still good players but really they're at their best when they can move around, play out of the slot etc
Originally posted by 91til:

also one thing people aren't thinking is that those guys get better opportunities because Aiyuk is working against the opponents top CB, and is running those deeper routes and commanding the deep safeties attention. Deebo and Jennings are still good players but really they're at their best when they can move around, play out of the slot etc
No, Aiyuk gets a lot of good match ups is due to CMC and the run. It's why teams teams sell out to stop the run and not sell out to stop Aiyuk
  • 91til
  • Veteran

No, Aiyuk gets a lot of good match ups is due to CMC and the run. It's why teams teams sell out to stop the run and not sell out to stop Aiyuk

lets not act like Deebo or Jennings are at their best playing out at X against opposing teams top CBs. its not ideal for them. Having Aiyuk helps them eat. I'm not saying having CMC doesn't help everyone cause obviously it does.

lets not act like Deebo or Jennings are at their best playing out at X against opposing teams top CBs. its not ideal for them. Having Aiyuk helps them eat. I'm not saying having CMC doesn't help everyone cause obviously it does.
With Kyle, no one is cemented at a certain position all game. Deebo gets a lot of attention from defenses and we struggle when he's not on the field
Share 49ersWebzone