• Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
With no BA we are going to need 2021 Deebo. Or maybe CMC has a 1000-1000 season. Maybe they finally start to use Kittle like they did in 2019 and use him like the Chiefs use Kelce. Niners have guys who have been underutilized in the passing game because they have had so many guys. But if they lose BA maybe those underutilized guys like Kittle will get more targets. Maybe CMC will get more targets and you won't need to give him as many carries. Even Jennings to a degree has been underutilized.

I thought about this, but you have to assume that those contributors are the ones that often get injured for a few games every single year. Kittle and Deebo as well as McCaffrey. BA was solid as a rock when it came to staying healthy every game of every year.

Aiyuk's health is the one thing he has over everyone else. Maybe the team isn't ready to let go with any of the trio of Deebo/Kittle/CMC because if they sign Aiyuk to what he wants, it means one of the three are gone.

also one thing people aren't thinking is that those guys get better opportunities because Aiyuk is working against the opponents top CB, and is running those deeper routes and commanding the deep safeties attention. Deebo and Jennings are still good players but really they're at their best when they can move around, play out of the slot etc
No, Aiyuk gets a lot of good match ups is due to CMC and the run. It's why teams teams sell out to stop the run and not sell out to stop Aiyuk

lets not act like Deebo or Jennings are at their best playing out at X against opposing teams top CBs. its not ideal for them. Having Aiyuk helps them eat. I'm not saying having CMC doesn't help everyone cause obviously it does.
With Kyle, no one is cemented at a certain position all game. Deebo gets a lot of attention from defenses and we struggle when he's not on the field

Totally agree. All I'm saying is it's nice having an actual prototype X WR, it frees Deebo up to move around and be at his best, it lets Jennings bully other teams #2 or 3 CBs, etc
With no BA we are going to need 2021 Deebo. Or maybe CMC has a 1000-1000 season. Maybe they finally start to use Kittle like they did in 2019 and use him like the Chiefs use Kelce. Niners have guys who have been underutilized in the passing game because they have had so many guys. But if they lose BA maybe those underutilized guys like Kittle will get more targets. Maybe CMC will get more targets and you won't need to give him as many carries. Even Jennings to a degree has been underutilized.

I thought about this, but you have to assume that those contributors are the ones that often get injured for a few games every single year. Kittle and Deebo as well as McCaffrey. BA was solid as a rock when it came to staying healthy every game of every year.

Aiyuk's health is the one thing he has over everyone else. Maybe the team isn't ready to let go with any of the trio of Deebo/Kittle/CMC because if they sign Aiyuk to what he wants, it means one of the three are gone.

also one thing people aren't thinking is that those guys get better opportunities because Aiyuk is working against the opponents top CB, and is running those deeper routes and commanding the deep safeties attention. Deebo and Jennings are still good players but really they're at their best when they can move around, play out of the slot etc
No, Aiyuk gets a lot of good match ups is due to CMC and the run. It's why teams teams sell out to stop the run and not sell out to stop Aiyuk

lets not act like Deebo or Jennings are at their best playing out at X against opposing teams top CBs. its not ideal for them. Having Aiyuk helps them eat. I'm not saying having CMC doesn't help everyone cause obviously it does.
With Kyle, no one is cemented at a certain position all game. Deebo gets a lot of attention from defenses and we struggle when he's not on the field

Totally agree. All I'm saying is it's nice having an actual prototype X WR, it frees Deebo up to move around and be at his best, it lets Jennings bully other teams #2 or 3 CBs, etc
I don't want him to go, but I don't think he's worth the headache of losing other guys
  • 91til
  • Veteran

I don't want him to go, but I don't think he's worth the headache of losing other guys

yeah i've been disappointed how he's handled this for sure. Although I wish we would have upped our offer to 28 at least, I think he has a fair point with the nearest comparable (IMO) being ASB at 30M

yeah i've been disappointed how he's handled this for sure. Although I wish we would have upped our offer to 28 at least, I think he has a fair point with the nearest comparable (IMO) being ASB at 30M
i doubt 2 mill is what's keeping the two parties apart.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

I mean apparently we haven't budged from 26 but I'm just saying since the market went up it woulda been nice if we came up a little bit if we really wanted to keep him, I guess it'll all come out in time

I mean apparently we haven't budged from 26 but I'm just saying since the market went up it woulda been nice if we came up a little bit if we really wanted to keep him, I guess it'll all come out in time

I'm glad that some teams have the balls to take a stand. I don't know any other business where the employees can keep asking for 50-100% pay increases. KC let Hill go rather than pay him a huge amount. It sure hurt them didn't it. Two SB wins without him. Hill was much more of a threat than Aiyuk. With a good QB and good play caller a team can win without great receivers. The Niners have both in Brock and Kyle.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I'm glad that some teams have the balls to take a stand. I don't know any other business where the employees can keep asking for 50-100% pay increases. KC let Hill go rather than pay him a huge amount. It sure hurt them didn't it. Two SB wins without him. Hill was much more of a threat than Aiyuk. With a good QB and good play caller a team can win without great receivers. The Niners have both in Brock and Kyle.

it's a valid point. I'm letting my emotions talk cause I've loved watching BA play for us. Oh well.

who says we haven't budged, who said it was 26 that was offered. it's all hearsay.

I get the emotion part of it.. thats why i stopped the attachment to players a long time ago. They always come and go

Revenue sharing. They aren't simply the "employees." They're the main ticket.

I'd rather they be getting the money than greedy a$$ owners seeking public funding for new plush stadiums.

The revenue is the revenue. Someone has to get the money.
Originally posted by random49er:

I'd rather they be getting the money than greedy a$$ owners seeking public funding for new plush stadiums.

100%. People who are personally attacking Aiyuk for wanting more $ are so beyond lost. He has the right to maximize his $. Of course we can't just give him what he wants because of the salary cap and as fans we would hope he would be more of a "team player" and take a great contract that helps us. But to act like players shouldn't be trying to get more $ is crazy considering the way owners treat fans.

Originally posted by Leathaface:

100%. People who are personally attacking Aiyuk for wanting more $ are so beyond lost. He has the right to maximize his $. Of course we can't just give him what he wants because of the salary cap and as fans we would hope he would be more of a "team player" and take a great contract that helps us. But to act like players shouldn't be trying to get more $ is crazy considering the way owners treat fans.
lol the way owners treats fans ? so it's ok in your eyes for players to ask for more but not the owners ?

s**t always rolls down hill
Good WRs are traded more than other position it seems, when they play up it's not worth the hassle.

Maybe but what about the fans. Who can afford going to a football game anymore? TV is next.

This Tyreek Hill comparison needs to stop. The Chiefs already won a SB when they let him go and they have the best QB in the world, possibly ever. We have accomplished neither of those things to be letting our best players go
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Maybe but what about the fans. Who can afford going to a football game anymore? TV is next.

Salaries are a cost of doing business. That cost is passed on to the consumer (fans). Players getting the money (along with other costs) leads to higher ticket prices to help run the teams, stadiums (plush or no), etc.
Share 49ersWebzone