LISTEN: This Isn't Kyle Shanahan's Year →

There are 253 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This really isnt a good trajectory for Pearsall. A rookie WR who is injured to start the season, and if Aiyuk is back he is basically a punt returner and maybe the #4 WR on the team....with a coach who historically dislikes playing rookies. Yikes !
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
This really isnt a good trajectory for Pearsall. A rookie WR who is injured to start the season, and if Aiyuk is back he is basically a punt returner and maybe the #4 WR on the team....with a coach who historically dislikes playing rookies. Yikes !

I think he will play more than the average rookie. He will be used more.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No chance. He can't even practice
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Right now the goal for him is practice.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Thats what it was going to be anyway if Aiyuk was here. The idea is hopefully he should be ready to start and do all the things by 2026 when we likely are in need of a starting receiver on a rookie contract. I like the foresight they have with the position.

We will see Cowing more than him given Kyles track record.

That would mean my comments about him being injured were correct. But the guys who know it all said "he's never injured." "He never misses games." Well he already did. In the preseason at least.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 19, 2024 at 9:29 AM ]

That would mean my comments about him being injured were correct. But the guys who know it all said "he's never injured." "He never misses games." Well he already did. In the preseason at least.

Nope, not at all. You said he's always been injured in college and herm edwards said that as well, which was quickly proven false
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 19, 2024 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Nope, not at all. You said he's always been injured in college and herm edwards said that as well, which was quickly proven false

I said his coach said he over trains and has a tendency to injure himself. You said "he never gets injured." "He never misses games."

Well he already DID MISS GAMES.

I said his coach said he over trains and has a tendency to injure himself. You said "he never gets injured." "He never misses games."

Nope, that's not what you said at all, nor is that what I said . Nice try.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

Right now the goal for him is practice.

I'm not 100% sure, but I bet if we go back to 2017ish, some of our premier players today were injured in camp year 1 and year 2. I bet we called them busts and not looking good for them.

My point is, I think we're overreacting about Pearsall. People need to know RIGHT NOA if he's good or not, but the truth is we wouldn't know anyway today. Even if he played both preseason games, people would still complain that it's only preseason. Give the kid a break and judge his health and performance during the regular season.

Your implication was that he never misses games. He ALREADY DID MISS GAMES.

Gotta love folks that can't acknowledge when they are wrong

Gotta love folks that can't acknowledge when they are wrong

I agree you were wrong.

I thought we should have drafted worthy… he is blowing doors and catching bombs while our guy is nursing injuries… Worthy Will get injured they said while Ricky would be a tank that can sustain nfl hits… it's only pre-season and it don't mean s**t yet but the situation is trending in the wrong direction. I can't take losing another star to KC. Turn it the f**k around Ricky.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Aug 19, 2024 at 6:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone