LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 155 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WR is one of the hardest positions to transition from CFB. Not getting reps and practicing will limit his ability to contribute at the start of the season.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
WR is one of the hardest positions to transition from CFB. Not getting reps and practicing will limit his ability to contribute at the start of the season.

Traditionally in the past? Yes. But with the evolution of the college game, and the NFL imitating college more each year, not so much anymore
Is this dude still injured? Kleenex tissue
Is this dude never not injured?
Ricky is going to be one of those players.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Traditionally in the past? Yes. But with the evolution of the college game, and the NFL imitating college more each year, not so much anymore

I was gonna say, no it isn't lol. We get rookies coming in and dominating from the start every season
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
I honestly think that they are just being really cautious with him in light of the BA situation. If he NEEDED to play tomorrow, I think he would. But this is just an opinion of course
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I honestly think that they are just being really cautious with him in light of the BA situation. If he NEEDED to play tomorrow, I think he would. But this is just an opinion of course

He doesn't need the 3rd preseason game. Then we have some time off. So he just needs to play in game 1. We have a few weeks. His goal and the team should be to be ready for game 1. Given our situation nothing else matters as much.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He doesn't need the 3rd preseason game. Then we have some time off. So he just needs to play in game 1. We have a few weeks. His goal and the team should be to be ready for game 1. Given our situation nothing else matters as much.

Nah he could use the preseason game. I think all rookies should play in the preseason if they could, it's good work before the regular season games begin

Nah he could use the preseason game. I think all rookies should play in the preseason if they could, it's good work before the regular season games begin

He's injured and we need him healthy for game 1. Since Aiyuk will hold out 10 more years.

💯

All players period should play at least a little in preseason. They can't get in game shape just practicing. It's not the same. There's no more chance that they'll get hurt than there is in practice. The hardest games to bet are the first games of the season since so many teams aren't really game ready. That first game is like the 3rd pre season game used to be when the starters went 2 or 3 quarters.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

All players period should play at least a little in preseason. They can't get in game shape just practicing. It's not the same. There's no more chance that they'll get hurt than there is in practice. The hardest games to bet are the first games of the season since so many teams aren't really game ready. That first game is like the 3rd pre season game used to be when the starters went 2 or 3 quarters.

Yup completely agree. One BIG difference…….they actually tackle and full contact in preseason. Practice is like glorified flag football lol
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Ricky is going to be one of those players.

Jalen Hurd
Share 49ersWebzone