There are 103 users in the forums

Renardo Green-CB-FSU 3rd round-2024 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Why inside? They want Demo outside?
Because they want him to learn the slot, he already has lots of experience outside, but no experience inside

He played inside for 2 years in college before moving outside

No. he played safety for two years in college, not slot
"We've seen him play outside and we know he can play outside, but he's also wired the right way to play inside," Shanahan said. "Just doesn't have a lot of tape of it" (because he didn't play slot nickle)

lol you no. I'm not a fire from the hip type of poster.

Straight from the horses mouth @1.37 min

^ Not a lot of tape because he didn't play much. Really didn't breakout as a starter until this past season
Because they want him to learn the slot, he already has lots of experience outside, but no experience inside

No. he played safety for two years in college, not slot
"We've seen him play outside and we know he can play outside, but he's also wired the right way to play inside," Shanahan said. "Just doesn't have a lot of tape of it" (because he didn't play slot nickle)

lol you no. I'm not a fire from the hip type of poster.

Straight from the horses mouth @1.37 min

He said a lot of things you love to hear
One thing that stood out to me watching his tape from last year is how much he uses the boundary to his advantage. This is an asset when playing outside corner but obviously something you cant really do at defending slot guys.

This boundary awareness helped him a lot as few times he looked like he completely lost the track of the ball.

This. Also, he may be moving to the outside when Demo plays the inside playing against three receiver sets, anyway
We need this guy to be a real baller.

Our Secondary needs to improve against quality QBs.
Anybody hear much from Green during the camp talk so far? I feel like he hasn't shown up much either in bad or good discussions yet.
Originally posted by genus49:
Anybody hear much from Green during the camp talk so far? I feel like he hasn't shown up much either in bad or good discussions yet.

usually you only hear a CB name when the offense makes a play
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by genus49:

usually you only hear a CB name when the offense makes a play

He had a pass breakup in the end zone vs Purdy. Noiceeeeeee
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

That's kinda surprising. I think he's better suited outside

TERRIBLE idea... we have a pure corner in Green who should at least be a 2nd stringer along side Luther, and yet, he's gonna be placed inside ... don't we have WOMACK manning that area already?

Share 49ersWebzone