Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Ironically, he compares similar to Huff when it comes to playstyle. Not sure about the measurables but both guys play with a ton of instinct and anticipation.
I haven't really seen how he plays the deep middle but hopefully that aspect is a little better than Huff's game.

I gotta disagree, Mustapha is a much better tackler than Hufanga.
Moose hasn't even made a NFL tackle yet. But I hope he does end up being a special piece on the defense

Who cares about actual stats, I'm talking about form. Mustapha wraps up the ball carrier, Hufanga either aims too low and misses the tackle or tackles too high and misses the tackle.
I'm not talking about stats, talking about making a real tackle in the regular season against the real talent

If you have proper technique, why would it matter who he's tackling. FWIW Haskins did start a game in the NFL.
Ironically, he compares similar to Huff when it comes to playstyle. Not sure about the measurables but both guys play with a ton of instinct and anticipation.
I haven't really seen how he plays the deep middle but hopefully that aspect is a little better than Huff's game.

Moose hasn't even made a NFL tackle yet. But I hope he does end up being a special piece on the defense

Who cares about actual stats, I'm talking about form. Mustapha wraps up the ball carrier, Hufanga either aims too low and misses the tackle or tackles too high and misses the tackle.
I'm not talking about stats, talking about making a real tackle in the regular season against the real talent

If you have proper technique, why would it matter who he's tackling. FWIW Haskins did start a game in the NFL.
Just saying he hasn't got his feet wet and you're already crowning him over someone who made a first team AP

i like to wait and see, because it's a different game when it matters
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Just saying he hasn't got his feet wet and you're already crowning him over someone who made a first team AP

Where in my post did I crown him? I'm disagreeing with the comparison.

I think it's a matter of health on Huf. he went down i understand week 11. he didn't have much of an offseason or conditioning. on those ACL injuries, some guys aren't 100% that first year back. even if we project Huf in we need to fill out the other spot. would he be able to push brown here?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think it's a matter of health on Huf. he went down i understand week 11. he didn't have much of an offseason or conditioning. on those ACL injuries, some guys aren't 100% that first year back. even if we project Huf in we need to fill out the other spot. would he be able to push brown here?

Love Huf, but I agree. He will contribute some this year, but hopefully signs a 1 year prove it deal afterwards. I can't see him in All Pro form this season.
I hope this dude shines tonight
Guy flies to the ball
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Guy flies to the ball

I hope he is a day 1 starter this year
He looks good again. Really attacks the ball and the action. Very instinctive. A missile flying to the ball and making hits and tackles. What a player.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks good again. Really attacks the ball and the action. Very instinctive. A missile flying to the ball and making hits and tackles. What a player.

I can't see the game where I am. Is he looking like the real deal?

Originally posted by GLT49ers:

Yeah he looks good IMO.

Only saw a bit but made a great break on ball/immediate tackle of olave. Just feels like he knows what he's doing
Yeah he looks good IMO.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Only saw a bit but made a great break on ball/immediate tackle of olave. Just feels like he knows what he's doing
Ok great thx guys

He had one bad play where he took a terrible angle and gave up a good run. Otherwise he has looked solid.
Originally posted by mcwoot:

He had one bad play where he took a terrible angle and gave up a good run. Otherwise he has looked solid.

YOU can tell his raw... he's looking for that BIG hit to make a name right away.. he needs to be patient..
Share 49ersWebzone