There are 180 users in the forums

Malik Mustapha-S-Wake Forest

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Chance:
Not crazy about this pick. He projects as a backup / good ST player. A guy that size needs to have at least great athleticism or some ball hawk skills, and he doesn't bring much of that to the table.

He can't tackle and play multiple roles so that's good. Seems to be a hard worker so who knows maybe he can be that Huf replacement, as of now not seeing it tho.

RAS shows elite explosion and good speed for the safety position. Also benched 22 times.

I'd consider that great athleticism. His highlight reel shows him flying to ball.

Yeah, exceptional athleticism and he hits like a damn monster! People were saying the same thing about Hufanfa and I know me and a few others (808 ) that insisted he would be great.

he could easily play a linebacker when we have our dime package in

Hey I liked the Huf pick and go on board during preseason that he was legit..not the greatest athlete, but he had elite instincts for a rookie.

Nice call Gore 👍🏻 You get to sit in the smart section with us
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yeah, exceptional athleticism and he hits like a damn monster! People were saying the same thing about Hufanfa and I know me and a few others (808 ) that insisted he would be great.

he could easily play a linebacker when we have our dime package in

And yet you want him replaced

If we can't extend Hufanga, this is his replacement

Extend or to the misery Pitt you go with Mr Dilly Dilly

I knew I could count on you 808
a box safety that looks more like a S/LB hybrid they like so much, is physical but misses tackles and not sure he can play well in coverage
Originally posted by BIGTHUNDER111:
Hope this guy can live up to the expectations of the three 1st rounders 49ers spent to get him.

LMao. Funny.
Good vert, does explode to the ball. But it's his ability to play single high that has me worried.
Um, this comment was so bad I had to chime in here. We don't play single high. Do you think we're the Pete Carroll Seahawks circa 2013? Have we ever played single high when Brown or Hufanga were our safeties and among the top 20 PFF-graded safeties in the NFL? Not really. So why do you need a safety to play single high? Do people here not even know our cover scheme when they make these types of comments?
Originally posted by BIGTHUNDER111:
Hope this guy can live up to the expectations of the three 1st rounders 49ers spent to get him.

Imagine this guy becomes a beast. Lmao reminds me how Jacksonville signing beathard is what gaveus the pick to get Brock.

playing 10D chess to acquire franchise players 😏😏
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Good vert, does explode to the ball. But it's his ability to play single high that has me worried.
Um, this comment was so bad I had to chime in here. We don't play single high. Do you think we're the Pete Carroll Seahawks circa 2013? Have we ever played single high when Brown or Hufanga were our safeties and among the top 20 PFF-graded safeties in the NFL? Not really. So why do you need a safety to play single high? Do people here not even know our cover scheme when they make these types of comments?

Ya, we actually have played single high. Much less last year tho. Two high is the new NFL now as well, which we were playing last year pretty consistently. You now need to have both safeties able to play two high or single when needed.

Time will tell how he develops and if he can do it, but his draft profile isn't that of a safety that covers very well, especially over the top.

Definitely not a bad comment if you watched our defense.
Ya, we actually have played single high. Much less last year tho.

So, then, why in the blue Hell do you care if he can play single high? And if we did without him, with Brown, why is it important? Did Wilks revert from his single-high tendencies and return to the more DeMeco Ryans 2-high rate?
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I absolutely loved Mustapha. I thought he was a top 75 talent and I gave him a gold helmet grade.

49ers are taking all my gold helmet players

OTC...would you embellish on why he's gold helmet for you, and who your others are. Thanks

Leadership. Talent. Character. Others have posted his success rate playing all over the defensive backfield. Dude flies to the football in both the run and pass game, excellent in coverage and can play both safety spots as well as the nickel. Team captain. Good athlete. I mean outside of some minor, coachable technical things, there's no real knock other than him being a little short at 5-10, but I mean.. Hufanga is 5-11 200. I don't think an inch of height is going to all of a sudden zap him of ability. Even if he was 5-8, I think he'd be a great prospect.
I feel like this guy has the best chance out of all the rookies to hit the field this year.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I feel like this guy has the best chance out of all the rookies to hit the field this year.

I mean i expect Ricky to play this yr

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I mean i expect Ricky to play this yr
Mos Def

Pretty Ricky had everyone thinking we're getting rid of Deebo/BA lol
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I absolutely loved Mustapha. I thought he was a top 75 talent and I gave him a gold helmet grade.

49ers are taking all my gold helmet players

OTC...would you embellish on why he's gold helmet for you, and who your others are. Thanks

Leadership. Talent. Character. Others have posted his success rate playing all over the defensive backfield. Dude flies to the football in both the run and pass game, excellent in coverage and can play both safety spots as well as the nickel. Team captain. Good athlete. I mean outside of some minor, coachable technical things, there's no real knock other than him being a little short at 5-10, but I mean.. Hufanga is 5-11 200. I don't think an inch of height is going to all of a sudden zap him of ability. Even if he was 5-8, I think he'd be a great prospect.

Watched a couple videos on him.

I'll change my tune a bit...I don't see a perfect position for him, what he does seem to bring to the table is ability to play multiple positions though. He can play as a nickel corner against the bigger WRs, can be a 1st/2nd down safety. Can play as a LB in a big nickel type package. Also has a nose for getting to the QB as a blitzer.

He's a swiss army knife on defense, which isn't a bad thing to have.

His character/leadership is definitely not a question mark either, seems to be a common theme with him that I'm reading about.
#Read&React
I heard his misses a lot of tackles

49ers are taking all my gold helmet players!

Nice
Share 49ersWebzone