There are 191 users in the forums

Isaac Guerendo-RB-Louisville 2024 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I love the pick but I also was 100% behind the Trey Sermon and Joe Williams picks. Hard to get my hopes up anymore.
Lol I was about to say, I've seen this one before. Hope I'm wrong.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Atrain:
Wasted pick , you have CMC and Mitchell we didn't need this pick we need more o line depth. You could have gotten a RB later in the draft or after it was done if you thought we need some competition.I'm not taking the best RB in the league off the field if he says he's good to go. I think you use rb up then move on not try to save them.

I LOVE Eli Mitchell, but come on. He cannot stay healthy and is in his final year. This 4th round has been great and on paper, it's their best draft in years.

For sure.

Very interested to see him run on our system.
Not thrilled with spending a pick on another rb that will hardly see the field but I guess Kyle had to do it…. Ok. You never know what they end up doing in the nfl. Wait and see. Could turn out great.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I wanted Jaylen Wright.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Fast, but how's the vision?

he has that Marcus Allen, Tony Dorsett running style

Heads up running, keep his eyes open and runs to daylight....

Normally dudes this fast, or this big tend to just go their own way....but this fella does follow his blockers.

If there I a nock on him, outside of the give and take of his running style...he is not Walter Payton or emmet smith exploding off tackles due to pad level...dude keeps his head up....it is he might not have a great first step.

Hard to judge if he takes a bit to get rolling, or if he is simply getting a feel for the flow of the defense. He does not cross the line like 4.3 guys normally do....he also does not always hit the second level at full speed....

I think that is a by product of his running style

I will say....we have seen a million dudes who do not play to their timed speeds, or do not run like they are as big as they are.....

This guy can plant his foot and take the ball the length of the field on any given run....the dude has numerous walk off runs and catches, he also plays to his size...the dude has numerous runs that end with him getting ridden out of bounds...eventually....that he never hit the ground...the dude dies hard.....

I really like this draft pick...especially given when in the draft it was made. With his size and speed, and rec ability he could be one of those dudes who plays past the normal shelf life of a normal running back.

If Marcus Allen and Roger Craig had a baby it would be a bit like this dude...he has run a ton of Roger Craig type routs....love the pick.

New Kick Returner???
He can return kicks and also seems like a decent pass catcher which we don't have at the RB position outside of CMC. We also don't have that kind of speed at the RB position.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

New Kick Returner???

is he the fastest player on our team based on 40 time?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
How many of them will develop into 6'1, 225, 4.3 40 and a 40 inch vertical?

They want grow taller but they will get stronger and more explosive which translates to speed. But speed doesn't translate to good heck the best rb and wr of all time neither one could break below a 4. 6

Apologies if someone already brought this up. But this guy reminds me of a young Roger Craig out of the backfield, taking swing passes from Joe Montana, and absolutely crushing defenders down the field. He has the same build. He has similar speed. He has the power.

This kid could be pretty good.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Just stay healthy. I think it's why we're so hesitant on giving reps to backups. Mitchell is good but always hurt.

Interesting point, but I am thinking of a different back. This guy could be a hybrid. You know how much Kyle loves his fullbacks. Kyle Juszczyk is now going into his 12th year. That is an amazing run for an RB, fullback or otherwise. They normally do not last this long. Juice has. But maybe the new guy can take over that role.
Elijah Mitchell came in as a older rb with 4.35 speed from his pro day and now we want to get rid of him and just sign any lineman off the street
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Just stay healthy. I think it's why we're so hesitant on giving reps to backups. Mitchell is good but always hurt.

Interesting point, but I am thinking of a different back. This guy could be a hybrid. You know how much Kyle loves his fullbacks. Kyle Juszczyk is now going into his 12th year. That is an amazing run for an RB, fullback or otherwise. They normally do not last this long. Juice has. But maybe the new guy can take over that role.

He won't be a FB
Great pick. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

He was definitely a RB I wanted in the later rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone