LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 184 users in the forums

Isaac Guerendo-RB-Louisville 2024 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Still can't believe we traded 2 All-Pros for a RB
This guy is reverse Jalen Hurd.
From the 2 youtube videos I've watched (grinding that film), doesn't seem to be someone who transcended the system, but at least he seems to run with some toughness and has elite speed, though I think maybe he doesn't play quite as fast/explosive. He's a glider.

FWIW, I absolutely hated the Trey Sermon and TDP picks as soon as they happened. I don't absolutely hate this one, though I don't really see anything that stands out that warrants the trade up. I guess the fast 40 time?
Originally posted by dhp318:
From the 2 youtube videos I've watched (grinding that film), doesn't seem to be someone who transcended the system, but at least he seems to run with some toughness and has elite speed, though I think maybe he doesn't play quite as fast/explosive. He's a glider.

FWIW, I absolutely hated the Trey Sermon and TDP picks as soon as they happened. I don't absolutely hate this one, though I don't really see anything that stands out that warrants the trade up. I guess the fast 40 time?

It was a trade-up in the late rounds. Not like it was giving up two 3rd's to move up into the 2nd.
lol Trey sermon and TDP in the 3rd. F'ing ouch!!!
Originally posted by JTB1974:
It was a trade-up in the late rounds. Not like it was giving up two 3rd's to move up into the 2nd.

what difference does it make? this team needs all the draft picks it can get.

Agree. Those were bad picks, especially Sermon.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

what difference does it make? this team needs all the draft picks it can get.

no it doesnt lmao
New Mostert
Originally posted by Zachary:
no it doesnt lmao

I mean if you were happy with playing Logan Ryan and watching McKivitz get beat like a drum en route to yet another SB loss, then good for you. I for one want as many bites at the apple to improve our roster.

Forgot to mention that bum Oren Burks
[ Edited by dhp318 on Apr 27, 2024 at 2:33 PM ]

Please, whoever is clamoring for Jordan Mason, at least think about why Kyle doesn't use him. He's of little value as a third-down back. He can't pass protect, and his ability to run routes is meh at best. This guy we just got is a respected pass blocker and a former WR who converted out of college, so he brings a good floor of skills to the backfield with additional upside. He compliments Mason perfectly should anything happen to CMC or Mitchell (for whom it probably will).
[ Edited by RasSuar on Apr 27, 2024 at 3:39 PM ]
There is a theme in this draft and that is positional versatility. Anyone questioning why on any pick can just look at the overall theme and that fits our teams makeup so much.

Our current roster is filled with players who have positional versatility. This will make for some fun projecting. Some will make contributions and others will be misses. I'm excited to see how it works out
He looks like Raheem Mostert. That's a good thing, but let's hope he has better luck with the injuries. Mostert was fast and during the last part of 2019-2020 he was incredible.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Apologies if someone already brought this up. But this guy reminds me of a young Roger Craig out of the backfield, taking swing passes from Joe Montana, and absolutely crushing defenders down the field. He has the same build. He has similar speed. He has the power.

This kid could be pretty good.

it is those passing routs he was running

I got MAJOR Roger Craig vibes out of him once he becomes a rout runner.....

Yeah it hit me, just like it hit you...we have seen these routs before, we have seen a guy that catches and double covers the ball with both arms before...dude gives off major Roger Craig vibes....

The dude was used in all kinds of way...got some old school WCO half-back...single back Ala the run and shoot, traditional I formation. He is running slants, posts, wheels..... dude has seen and done a heck of a lot.

I think you are right that in that he is not "the system"..... he can get something out of nothing....but if a play fails, he can fail. At the college level we have seen dudes straight up carry teams...the whole men among boys thing.... I don't think he clearly is the man. He has highlights, but he has lowlights too. I am not seeing Natron Means just taking over the ball game...he is a part of their backfield and gets some touches.

IT factor

I dont think he shows a ton of the IT factor

I think the whole speed thing is running style...I dont think he runs at one speed, he can gear up or gear down to follow his blockers. He can plant and go...that is on tape....

So I dunno if he is waiting on his blocks or getting a feel for traffic, or simply does not have a great first step...but I am with you on explosive part...the end product is he does not explode out of the backfield like a dude as fast as he has proven to be.
Share 49ersWebzone