There are 208 users in the forums

Jacob Cowing-WR-Arizona, 135th Pick, 2024 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He's tiny. Kyle would have to hide him off the line.

So this is what happens when Peters is gone? This kind of draft???

Yeah. It means go ahead and try to play us with man coverage, the way the Chiefs choked out our offense in the Super Bowl, and see what happens. We have multiple guys that are quick, savvy route runners now. OL is still a weakness but still can be potentially better if Puni can start at RT. Also, we have a young and talented DB room. And honestly, our last two drafts were not good. If Gray worked out, maybe we don't need Pearsall and JPJ is a 49er.

Nothing has been proven yet, but I feel better about these 2024 guys than I did the last 2 seasons.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How do they want to use this? Slot WR and return man? He's not an every down WR. But he has some speed and playmaking ability. Looks like he runs good routes and gets open.

Go watch the 2016 Falcons

I didn't watch a lot of the 2016 Falcons. So the answer is? Just say it. LOL.
How do they want to use this? Slot WR and return man? He's not an every down WR. But he has some speed and playmaking ability. Looks like he runs good routes and gets open.

Just imagine that's Shanahan talking about Jacob Cowing at the beginning

Just imagine that's Shanahan talking about Jacob Cowing at the beginning

Ok this makes much more sense now. Hopefully he can be that. Looks good.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Ugh we have other needs Kyle, SMH

Beyond B.A., Deebo, and Jauan the depth of that room was very light so that is something they clearly wanted to address. Not to mention the fact that Deebo and Jauan may not be here past this season. A case can also be made that it is to augment the emerging young stud we have at QB.
Cowing was a steal. Period. Senior Bowl standout, 13 touchdowns this past season. He can run the entire route tree. Sure, he's not a contested catch guy cause of his size.. But he shouldn't have to be, due to his speed, route running, quickness, and Kyle scheming for him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Does he block

Blocks his ass off. He's a smaller receiver but gritty, a coaches favorite type.

This too. Team captain also. Everything put together is why I gave him a gold helmet grade.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man what a bunch of crybabies….im all for drafting good players at this point.

I swear people don't care if the player blows so long as he has OL next to his name

I'll take all the elite speed, precise route running guys that we can. Lol of course I'd like to see us take some stud o line guys (which idk who to pick cause I don't follow it).

we seem to be moving towards being an elite offense led team with a good-really defense. Instead of the above average offense with elite defense. We've went really heavy on offense this year and I'm not opposed to it.

surround Brock by tons of talent and see if he can show us the consistent elite qb we all believe he can be.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Ugh we have other needs Kyle, SMH

Beyond B.A., Deebo, and Jauan the depth of that room was very light so that is something they clearly wanted to address. Not to mention the fact that Deebo and Jauan may not be here past this season. A case can also be made that it is to augment the emerging young stud we have at QB.

Ya. Another player I'm surprised lasted this long..the kid is legit.

With him and Pearsal we now have 5 stud WRs and it will make our decision next year much easier when it comes to Jennings or Deebo
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He's tiny. Kyle would have to hide him off the line.

So this is what happens when Peters is gone? This kind of draft???

And you're judging this draft because YOU don't like it yet none of these guys or the guys YOU like drafted played a down in the NFL yet🙄 yet it was Peters who lived Ambry Thomas but he's such a great player right?

I like some of the players (like the RB, George Michael, and the safety).. but imo, I would rather go all out fixing our glaring issues... draft multiple interior lineman and tackles early on.. and let the best one win the job.

That would make me feel more comfortable going into the season... ESPECIALLY knowing we have depth, is case we get injuries on our oline during the season.

Edit- look at the Tomlin and the Steelers..

3 Olinemen so far in this draft... picked two early on, with their 1st and 2nd round picks.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 27, 2024 at 2:39 PM ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cowing was a steal. Period. Senior Bowl standout, 13 touchdowns this past season. He can run the entire route tree. Sure, he's not a contested catch guy cause of his size.. But he shouldn't have to be, due to his speed, route running, quickness, and Kyle scheming for him.

That's good to hear. Besides Aiyuk we needed another wideout that can run the full route tree.
Excited to see this offense next year with Kyle's new toys sprinkled in…. Love the Pearsall pick, much rather take him with speed and hands than worthy with just speed.

gonna be fun to watch all the 40 burgers.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
One hit and this smurf will be broken. He can sit in Grey's seat during game days and never actually see the field. Great waste of a pick

Tank Dell and DeVonta Smith are similar in size and they excel.

Zay Flowers as well.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The 49er WRs are good, really good...but they had very defined sweet spots....

49ers just added guys that excel in different areas. We got a dude who can take the top off the defense, and a dude who is one of the better slant guys in recent memory.

Some players pan out, some players don't but the 49er tried to add a Wayne crebet and a Steve smith to the roster....I like the mindset, it is not more and more and more of the same from the offense, they are getting dudes who can do different things.

These guys are a bit more blue chip at what they do well... than most prospects. Both of these dudes are man beaters, and both throttle up and down REALLY well against the zone. They are going to hold passing windows open longer then dudes that just plow right though a zone...smart....they understand football.

I like it...I really do...Defenses are going to prepare for a ton of stuff, as good as 17 yard crossing patterns have been for the 49ers, teams are going to have to prep for more stuff when these guys get up to speed
Share 49ersWebzone