There are 272 users in the forums

Jarrett Kingston-OG-USC, 215th Pick in the 2024 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"..got overpowered at times"

Should fit right in!

He hit the short shuttle cheat code time of 4.47 though.

I preferred Beaux Limmer there, but can't complain too much otherwise. We need all the IOL help we can get, and Kingston has the ability to go to RT in a pinch. Hopefully he earns a spot.

Muscle is one of the easiest things for these kids to fix.
I love this pick, even if only because we graduated from the same high school (17 years apart). He was a monster on the DL and OL.

Go Cubs!
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 27, 2024 at 5:05 PM ]
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe a decent pick for where he was drafted. Glad to add more offensive line. But it's late and no Tackles apparently.

Are you this negative in real life?

Just block him like the rest of us do.
I'm predicting practice squad or cut for Kingston. Will be pleasantly surprised if he makes the final 53.
Originally posted by JEP83:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe a decent pick for where he was drafted. Glad to add more offensive line. But it's late and no Tackles apparently.

Are you this negative in real life?

Just block him like the rest of us do.

Dude that comment wasn't even remotely negative
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"..got overpowered at times"

Should fit right in!

He hit the short shuttle cheat code time of 4.47 though.

I preferred Beaux Limmer there, but can't complain too much otherwise. We need all the IOL help we can get, and Kingston has the ability to go to RT in a pinch. Hopefully he earns a spot.

I like this pick also, for the same reason. Picking 31st instead of 32nd sucks but it is what it is. You won't get any elite athletes like a Ragnow, Slater, or Trent Williams at the 31st position. You never know, this guy might be the Brock Purdy of this year's draft. Just happy we got an OLineman that can play left Tackle. I know Trent Williams will be missing games this next year too.
Olinemen that have run a 4.7 short shuttle or lower, Have a high success rate in the NFL. There was 6 of them in this draft that have done that and the Niners drafted 2 of them.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Apr 28, 2024 at 10:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I'm predicting practice squad or cut for Kingston. Will be pleasantly surprised if he makes the final 53.

He's got to be out either Jaylon Moore or Spencer Burford. Dominic Puni is pretty much locked in, I doubt he flops in Preseason.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Olinemen that have run a 4.7 short shuttle or lower, Have a high success rate in the NFL. There was 6 of them in this draft that have done that and the Niners drafted 2 of them.

And signed another one in C Drake Nugent
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And signed another one in C Drake Nugent

Thats what we need to look at next year when begging for lineman in tge draft

He also did the second most reps among OL in the bench press.
He has a steep hill to climb to make it but I'm hopeful.
I know it's a long shot but if him and Nugent work out along with Puni they could be the future for the middle of the Oline.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oilcan:
He also did the second most reps among OL in the bench press.
He has a steep hill to climb to make it but I'm hopeful.
I know it's a long shot but if him and Nugent work out along with Puni they could be the future for the middle of the Oline.

Center - Nugent
Kingston - RG
Puni - RT

I'm praying the 49ers re-sign Aaron Banks, it's gonna be crazy but I hope they get it done.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

He's got to be out either Jaylon Moore or Spencer Burford. Dominic Puni is pretty much locked in, I doubt he flops in Preseason.

I think Moore is guaranteed a spot.

Burford needs to show up strong in camp. I could see Puni beating out both Burford and Feliciano for the RG position. If that's the case, I'd shift Burford to RT.

For Kingston, we have a clear void at backup center. Feliciano can do it, but it's not his strongest position. I think we allow him to purely focus as the backup center and flex guard in emergencies.

My projection:

LT: Williams/Moore
LG: Banks
C: Brendel/Kingston
RG: Puni/Feliciano
RT: McKivitz/Burford

Practice Squad: Parker, Bartch, International candidate
in year 3, will find out if he belongs in the NFL or UFL
cross post from the draft grades thread:

Although Kingston played a lot of tackle in college, he is moving inside in the pros. Most draft sites list him at guard. I think the 49ers view him as a center. His RAS score online as a guard is 9.90 and 15th best since 1987. As a center he grades out at 9.98 and the second highest athletic score ever. Same height, weight, very similar athletic profile to Jake Brendel. Some of you wanted a center, wanted Beaux Limmer. I think Kingston has a lower floor but much higher ceiling. Much higher. We brought in additional centers, so it's a position we are trying to sure up. Kingston's never taken a snap at center in a game, so theres work to be done. But he's shown he has the requisite pass blocking skills. We've seen some tenacity from him in the run game at LG and RG. I believe he has the smarts for the role in the KS system. And we know for certain that the athletic profile is there. Time to get to work. Excited about this pick. Could bust out because he doesn't have the build for OT or OG in my opinion. But could be a long term starter in two years. I don't mind taking a swing here. We have some depth pieces that will probably never see the field. Take a chance on the local kid with elite traits.
Share 49ersWebzone