There are 160 users in the forums

Jarrett Kingston-OG-USC, 215th Pick in the 2024 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I'm predicting practice squad or cut for Kingston. Will be pleasantly surprised if he makes the final 53.

He's got to be out either Jaylon Moore or Spencer Burford. Dominic Puni is pretty much locked in, I doubt he flops in Preseason.

I think Moore is guaranteed a spot.

Burford needs to show up strong in camp. I could see Puni beating out both Burford and Feliciano for the RG position. If that's the case, I'd shift Burford to RT.

For Kingston, we have a clear void at backup center. Feliciano can do it, but it's not his strongest position. I think we allow him to purely focus as the backup center and flex guard in emergencies.

My projection:

LT: Williams/Moore
LG: Banks
C: Brendel/Kingston
RG: Puni/Feliciano
RT: McKivitz/Burford

Practice Squad: Parker, Bartch, International candidate

Feliciano played pretty well this past season, I doubt a rookie comes in and takes the job from him. And I wouldn't mind seeing if Burford can find his niche at RT, he did play two seasons at OT in college.
Feliciano played pretty well this past season, I doubt a rookie comes in and takes the job from him. And I wouldn't mind seeing if Burford can find his niche at RT, he did play two seasons at OT in college.

Yeah Feliciano was way better than I expected, he adjusted quickly. Would love for Puni to force his way on the field though, loved that pick and I honestly believe he's got the chance to be one of our best 5 THIS season. Too me, Felicianos best position throughout his career has been at center. Wonder if he can push Brendel to be the backup, Puni at RG, and yeah move Burford to RT as Colton's backup?

Yes I know this isn't happening, just a hypothetical. I knew before free agency and the draft ever began that we would trot out the same starting 5 lol
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I'm predicting practice squad or cut for Kingston. Will be pleasantly surprised if he makes the final 53.

He's got to be out either Jaylon Moore or Spencer Burford. Dominic Puni is pretty much locked in, I doubt he flops in Preseason.

I think Moore is guaranteed a spot.

Burford needs to show up strong in camp. I could see Puni beating out both Burford and Feliciano for the RG position. If that's the case, I'd shift Burford to RT.

For Kingston, we have a clear void at backup center. Feliciano can do it, but it's not his strongest position. I think we allow him to purely focus as the backup center and flex guard in emergencies.

My projection:

LT: Williams/Moore
LG: Banks
C: Brendel/Kingston
RG: Puni/Feliciano
RT: McKivitz/Burford

Practice Squad: Parker, Bartch, International candidate

Injuries are always the X factor. Lynch/Shanny seem to always place guys on PUP / short term IR at final cut downs.
From my home town, Redding/Anderson, CA. Cool. Wish him the best.
Hope for the best but a 6th rounder is a long shot to make the team. Let's not crown him just yet.
This is a good upside pick, I remember someone saying Niners were looking for top shuttle performers among olinemen, specifically center.
His tape at tackle looks weak, but as an interior guy and tackle in a pinch I like it.

Nick Zakelj being a similar C/G stash doesnt inspire confidence in their ability to develop, but I think he's less of a project than Zakelj ever was
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
This is a good upside pick, I remember someone saying Niners were looking for top shuttle performers among olinemen, specifically center.
His tape at tackle looks weak, but as an interior guy and tackle in a pinch I like it.

Nick Zakelj being a similar C/G stash doesnt inspire confidence in their ability to develop, but I think he's less of a project than Zakelj ever was

We are pretty damn bad at developing the raw OL. We really need an OL coach who can do that. We should give a blank check to the Eagles OL coach, that guy is constantly turning late round picks / UDFAs into pro bowlers / all pros.
Originally posted by Morgy:

Trent Williams, one of the best tacklers in the NFL
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Morgy:

Trent Williams, one of the best tacklers in the NFL

Lol ya

Drake Nugent will become our starting Center

Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

Seems pretty similar to Jake Brendel

He'll be lucky to make the team
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcwoot:

He'll be lucky to make the team

He'll most likely be on the practice squad.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seems pretty similar to Jake Brendel

You mean the starting center?
Needs to add size to pass protect against NfL DL. Might be an OK run blocker but will get worked in pass protection. Imo
Share 49ersWebzone