There are 306 users in the forums

49ers sign OT Chris Hubbard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Let's hope so. For those people that keep saying well continuity is very important among offensive lineman, it is BUT when you continuously have one of the worst, if not the very worst starting right tackle in the league you better try somebody that's better than him. That's a lot more important than continuity. He allowed the most sacks as well as the most pressures over the course of the year. Even if he improved in the second half of the season, he still gets exposed way too often to be a starter.

He was better than all 3 of the tackles the Chiefs had over the season.

I'm no huge fan but the dude isn't some completely worthless tackle. He's average to a tick below. See what he does when he doesn't have to make up for Burford.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
RT1?

Nah they just gave McKivitz a $7 mil raise he's not sitting on the bench.

They only added one extra year to his deal. That isn't a real commitment.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Let's hope so. For those people that keep saying well continuity is very important among offensive lineman, it is BUT when you continuously have one of the worst, if not the very worst starting right tackle in the league you better try somebody that's better than him. That's a lot more important than continuity. He allowed the most sacks as well as the most pressures over the course of the year. Even if he improved in the second half of the season, he still gets exposed way too often to be a starter.

He was better than all 3 of the tackles the Chiefs had over the season.

I'm no huge fan but the dude isn't some completely worthless tackle. He's average to a tick below. See what he does when he doesn't have to make up for Burford.

I agree he's not the worst but need to be better than he was last year. 2023 was his first year so I'll pray he is better our 9er year depends on it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
RT1?

Nah they just gave McKivitz a $7 mil raise he's not sitting on the bench.

They only added one extra year to his deal. That isn't a real commitment.

Its $6 million more than what they gave Hubbard. McKivitz is not going to the bench trust me.
Share 49ersWebzone