There are 129 users in the forums

Larry Allen RIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Legend. He was such a monster, even when playing for the Cowboys I could not bring myself to dislike him. Don't think they make linemen like him anymore.

RIP.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
How much did he bench? 600 Lbs? 500?
RIP to one of the biggest OLs evar.

700 lbs. It's an unbelievable power lift.

And when he did that bench, some dope dove across his body in celebration. He could have easily startled him, making him drop 700 pounds onto himself.

Wasn't he also the lineman that used to "Wooo wooo" like a train whistle pretty much announcing the ball is being run this way and you can't stop it?
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Jun 3, 2024 at 2:06 PM ]
Man R.I.P. to a legend. He was still a beast even when he was with us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man R.I.P. to a legend. He was still a beast even when he was with us.

Agree, he was a beast from the east! and I want a Larry Allen 2.0 in the draft next year. It might take a Trey Lance type of a trade up though.
f**kin people on social media. "hE pRoLLy gOt dA jAb!"

Because you know, being close to 400lbs for 30 years doesn't affect your heart at all.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
f**kin people on social media. "hE pRoLLy gOt dA jAb!"

Because you know, being close to 400lbs for 30 years doesn't affect your heart at all.
Jumping to any conclusions is rather ridiculous.

R.I.P. Larry Allen
Another favorite memory of mine was when he was about to rip Jose Cortez's head off after a missed extra point. RIP
Awe man this is sad. RIP Larry
He was one oof the best ever.

I dont think its a coincidence Gore had his best year statistically when Big Larry was in playing at his Pro Bowl level even in the twilight of his career.

RIP big guy
Originally posted by EastBay:
The crazy thing is he went to the division 2 football powerhouse Sonoma State

A friend of mine played against him when he was at St Mary's. He mentioned Larry Allen ran all the way down the field and took out their corner. Was faster than any other lineman in that division. He will be sorely missed RIP.
Damn. RIP Larry
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for Patton.
Damn, that sucks. Really getting sick of seeing people dying 😣

I know he was a Cowboy but he stepped in to help our organization at a time that we really needed it.

RIP to one of the greats.

RIP Larry
Share 49ersWebzone