There are 273 users in the forums

Larry Allen RIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dude was one of our best players at the end of his career. I remember seeing him at some practices, he was a beeeeg man.
I wonder if he took the clot-shots?
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by maxsmart:

I forgot he also went to Butte College (where Aaron Rodgers went) in Chico before going to Sonoma State.
Needed a Larry Allen type for Jake Moody alone.. . But I digress.Digress Jones.
Second only to John Hannah as the best guard I've seen.
Oh man.....that really sucks......

This dude was the real deal......

there have been lots of HOF linemen....there have only been a few dudes on Larry Allens level. In his prime he was a one man wrecking crew. Heck most Pro-Bowl linemen are closer to the average lineman than they are to Larry Allen. Simple as that.

The word generational fits when you talk about this dude as a run blocker. I don't think it is a stretch to say what Steph Curry was to 3 point shooting, larry Allen was to run blocking. I remember a MNF game they had a stat pop up and it was something to the effect that in Larry Allen's first 5 years he had more pancake blocks then the number 2 and 3 player combined...dude was a difference maker.

I would think it is highly likely that no guard has paved the way for better rushing numbers. All those Emmit Smith years, then poof comes over to SF and gore goes for nearly 1700 yards...... yeah...I it is pretty likely no one was the point of attack for more rushing yards then Larry Allen.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
How much did he bench? 600 Lbs? 500?
RIP to one of the biggest OLs evar.

700 lbs. It's an unbelievable power lift.

And when he did that bench, some dope dove across his body in celebration. He could have easily startled him, making him drop 700 pounds onto himself.

Wasn't he also the lineman that used to "Wooo wooo" like a train whistle pretty much announcing the ball is being run this way and you can't stop it?

yeah 700.....he also ripped off over 40 on the 225....dude was a natural big man....he had grown man strength ....
RIP Jose Allen, I mean Larry Allen.

RIP to arguably the GOAT among guards.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Second only to John Hannah as the best guard I've seen.

Can you imagine Larry Allen and Trent Williams playing together? Might not even need the other guys
I was so thankful for the 2 years we had him here. No way Gore goes off for 1695 without Larry Allen.

I recall a game in the late late 90s, probably 1999, cowboys vs colts where John madden just absolutely raved about Larry Allen for an entire drive down the field.

May he RIP
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Another favorite memory of mine was when he was about to rip Jose Cortez's head off after a missed extra point. RIP

Oh I remember that play. Cortez was jawing at Allen after the missed point and then Allen grabbed his face mask and shook him like a rag doll.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
How much did he bench? 600 Lbs? 500?
RIP to one of the biggest OLs evar.

700 lbs. It's an unbelievable power lift.

Also did a 900 pound squat.
Share 49ersWebzone