There are 276 users in the forums

TE Logan Thomas

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man our backup TE's behind Kittle must be really bad
Hoping Thomas can be a TE2 weapon to really be a good complement to Kittle.

Also hoping one of the other TEs can step up and show something - as both a blockers AND receiver.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Man our backup TE's behind Kittle must be really bad

Way it's looking so far, using a 3rd round pick on Latu == big oof.
I like the signing. Will probably be the best #2 TE we've ever paired with Kittle (I know that's not saying much). He's put up some decent receiving numbers the last few years when healthy. Anyone know how good of a blocker he is?
[ Edited by diehardniners408 on Jun 3, 2024 at 3:25 PM ]
  • thl408
He used to be a QB? How is his blocking? I can't imagine a player converting from QB to TE being well versed with blocking.
  • thl408
Originally posted by diehardniners408:
I like the signing. Will probably be the best #2 TE we've ever paired with Kittle. He's put up some decent receiving numbers the last few years when healthy. Anyone know how good of a blocker he is?

Yeah, I'm curious how his blocking is. I think Kyle wants to use two inline TEs in some packages and inline TEs need to block OLBs and DEs.
Probably the end of Latu as a 49er
I Imagine we will play a lot of 2 Tight End sets with George Kittle in for blocking duties and this guy as the No 1 option for receiving.

He is a great option for 3rd and less than 4

Originally posted by 49erF90:
Probably the end of Latu as a 49er

Tired of these 3rd round s**t picks
I like this signing. A big target that has been productive over the years. I gotta think he's immediately the #2.
Originally posted by thl408:
He used to be a QB? How is his blocking? I can't imagine a player converting from QB to TE being well versed with blocking.

He's been playing TE a long time now and he's surprisingly solid as a blocker. He was the stereotypical "huge arm, throw it a mile but can't hit the broadside of the barn" QB but he took to TE pretty well. He has a huge frame at 6'6" and 250 and is a reliable receiver with QB awareness in being able to identify openings in a zone and getting open.

This late in the offseason this is a pretty nice pickup.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Way it's looking so far, using a 3rd round pick on Latu == big oof.

it looked like an oof from the very beginning
I'm down with this
Share 49ersWebzone