There are 113 users in the forums

TE Logan Thomas

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
He used to be a QB? How is his blocking? I can't imagine a player converting from QB to TE being well versed with blocking.

He's been playing TE a long time now and he's surprisingly solid as a blocker. He was the stereotypical "huge arm, throw it a mile but can't hit the broadside of the barn" QB but he took to TE pretty well. He has a huge frame at 6'6" and 250 and is a reliable receiver with QB awareness in being able to identify openings in a zone and getting open.

This late in the offseason this is a pretty nice pickup.

Agreed
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I Imagine we will play a lot of 2 Tight End sets with George Kittle in for blocking duties and this guy as the No 1 option for receiving.

He is a great option for 3rd and less than 4

Lol
This guy is a walking injury
Not the FA signing I was hoping for but could really help us as long as he can stay healthy. I'm sure he didn't get too much money.
who?
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Man our backup TE's behind Kittle must be really bad

Way it's looking so far, using a 3rd round pick on Latu == big oof.

Way it's looking so far, nearly 12 or so wasted picks on third rounders since 2017. Only ones who's worked out has been Warner. Lol
Doesnt seem like a KS guy, but we are desperate.
An experienced pro who provides insurance against all the other bad alternatives we have on our roster at TE. Not a bad pickup if the price is right.
I Imagine we will play a lot of 2 Tight End sets with George Kittle in for blocking duties and this guy as the No 1 option for receiving.

He is a great option for 3rd and less than 4

Yeah we could use max protect with Kittle but takes out one of our best catchers of the ball. Probably what we will need to do.
He just gives us more options.

He can block also.

Look at the Superbowl this year.

We never got George Kittle as an active participant of our offence from a receiving perspective. George was always in as a blocker. It cost us the game......

amongst other things.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by lamontb:
he is? He caught 55 passes last year. You must be thinking of 2021 when he played in 6 games. He's appeared in at least 14, 4 of the last 5 seasons and 16 in three of those.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jun 3, 2024 at 5:21 PM ]
We just ran out of options as far as TE was concerned last year from a non George Kittle perspective.

We needed to upgrade in back up tight end position and Logan is a proven upgrade.

He isn't Russ Francis or Brent Jones but he can block, catch and run.
He just gives us more options.

He can block also.

Look at the Superbowl this year.

We never got George Kittle as an active participant of our offence from a receiving perspective. George was always in as a blocker. It cost us the game......

amongst other things.

Most of his snaps were routes, he barely blocked when we passed in the SB
We just ran out of options as far as TE was concerned last year from a non George Kittle perspective.

We needed to upgrade in back up tight end position and Logan is a proven upgrade.

He isn't Russ Francis or Brent Jones but he can block, catch and run.

This. Not sure why anyone is upset with this signing in June.

we need another legit passing catching option that isn't a liability as a blocker
Probably the best backup TE we signed since Jordan Reed. Hopefully this works out better than that signing. I'm hoping Pline can show enough to win the #3 spot. Krueger was glowing about how natural Pline looks at TE.
Share 49ersWebzone