LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 167 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Got a real good feeling about Staley. s**t HC but hopefully he just wants to stick with being a DC and he can be our version of Spags.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
upset about what.. you have no idea if that tweet has any truth.

The only truth is that BA would blow Lamb out of the water if they had the same amount of receptions

What do you mean any truth lol? It was from ESPN who does a yearly top 10 list of every position group based off coaches and front office personnel rankings.

haha now you're making stuff up. Like I said if Lamb was here you'd be up his butt like every 49er. It's okay fans gonna fan, objectively doesn't exist in that realm.
who are all these people and what are the results from each person ? you might believe everything you read, i don't especially when it's so easy to see

if Lamb was here and BA had all those receptions in Dallas.. BA would still blow lamb out the water by even a larger margin

The only truth is that BA would blow Lamb out of the water if they had the same amount of receptions

Actually, that is not true. Think about what I just quoted. Lamb is probably a top 5 receiver, but you think Aiyuk would 'blow him away' if given the same opportunities? Brandon Aiyuk is not Jerry Rice....because that's the level of talent you would need to be, to 'blow away' a top 5 receiver in the NFL.

I believe you are simply going on the averages based on last years respective production, but the fact of the matter is, that kind of logic doesn't hold up. There is exactly zero % chance that BA would be as efficient if he was on Dallas, just as there is zero doubt that Lamb's efficient numbers would be high if he was suiting up for SF.

The Cowboys offense went through Lamb, Dak and the passing game...and every defense they played focused on stopping that first. The 49ers offense went through CMC and the running game, therefore opposing defenses geared to stop that first. The supporting cast around Aiyuk is better than what was around Lamb.....all of this contributes to how efficient a player can be.

The bottom line is, Cee Dee Lamb is a better receiver than Brandon Aiyuk....and I think generally most everyone would agree with that.

It's hard to take either one very seriously. One only says good things about the team and the other only says bad things.
Sure sounds like Staley should be our DC....
Originally posted by btthepunk:

It's hard to take either one very seriously. One only says good things about the team and the other only says bad things.

Exactly, they are like expert witnesses. Depend's on who's paying them.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jul 30, 2024 at 2:09 PM ]
NFL thinks Brock isn't a real QB.

posting these type of tweets is meaningless. BA all day

They're the ones that draft, coach and pay the players. Be as upset as you want doesn't change the reality of those two WRs and how they're viewed.

if Lamb played for SF and BA was in Dallas you wouldn't be saying what you are and we all know it.

It's not worth arguing with him. He never changes his opinion and he's wrong quite a bit. Just let it go and be glad we have Brandon Aiyuk (I hope)

Lombardi wrote that before the second session,

Yeah it's no surprise that they hate eachother. One thrives on negativity for clicks and views and the other thrives on positivity and homerism. Nobody should be taking either guy seriously. Though I do understand it more from Lombardi's side, He is a Niners fan and nobody likes to see some other content creator constantly trashing your team.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

Actually, that is not true. Think about what I just quoted. Lamb is probably a top 5 receiver, but you think Aiyuk would 'blow him away' if given the same opportunities? Brandon Aiyuk is not Jerry Rice....because that's the level of talent you would need to be, to 'blow away' a top 5 receiver in the NFL.

I believe you are simply going on the averages based on last years respective production, but the fact of the matter is, that kind of logic doesn't hold up. There is exactly zero % chance that BA would be as efficient if he was on Dallas, just as there is zero doubt that Lamb's efficient numbers would be high if he was suiting up for SF.

The Cowboys offense went through Lamb, Dak and the passing game...and every defense they played focused on stopping that first. The 49ers offense went through CMC and the running game, therefore opposing defenses geared to stop that first. The supporting cast around Aiyuk is better than what was around Lamb.....all of this contributes to how efficient a player can be.

The bottom line is, Cee Dee Lamb is a better receiver than Brandon Aiyuk....and I think generally most everyone would agree with that.
no one saying BA is jerry rice. it's just simple addition. you also can't deny playing the averages, then back that up with opinions.

there's all this film and Lamb isn't going against doubles all game. Lamb isn't that guy you think he is

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Got a real good feeling about Staley. s**t HC but hopefully he just wants to stick with being a DC and he can be our version of Spags.

Totally agree. I hope it translates to a ending of any three-peat hopes by KC.

I'd be excited if this was actually about our DC
Originally posted by Silky:

I'd be excited if this was actually about our DC
lol.. true

I've heard other defensive players he's coached talk highly about him too. I think he was the DC for the rams when they won it all. I'm hoping he makes a big improvement on our secondary. Would be great
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Yeah it's no surprise that they hate eachother. One thrives on negativity for clicks and views and the other thrives on positivity and homerism. Nobody should be taking either guy seriously. Though I do understand it more from Lombardi's side, He is a Niners fan and nobody likes to see some other content creator constantly trashing your team.

There is a difference between bashing the s**t out of a player and talking about issues of the team. Lombardi says there are weaknesses - he just doesn't say "these guys are all trash bums who suck and the people
who signed them are idiots and should be fired" like Cohn does.

I don't agree with everything Lombardi says but the way he puts things are usually classy and with data. Cohn's reporting shouldn't even be called reporting - his quality of reporting is exactly who he is, every father's worst nightmare of exactly the type of person they don't want dating their daughter. Lol

realistically, all I care about from these guys is hearing what's going on. I don't want their opinion, just the facts of what's happening at camp. I'm an adult and can form my own opinion once I have the facts of situations.
Share 49ersWebzone