LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 161 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
now you're talking out the you know what.. the only thing i don't believe in is BS.

and saying Lamb is better than BA because of stats and what the Cowboys channel thinks is true (ESPN) is foolish.

Dude you're acting like a homer. Stats actually do matter. Production matters.

ill leave it at that
a homer? So BA wouldn't have better stats given another 60 receptions ?

I bet you think Dak is better than Purdy because of stats lol

If you take aiyuks production this year and extrapolate it over 180 targets - he would have had (75 more than he got and lamb got more than 180 targets).

128 receptions
2,291 yards. Lol
that's why i said earlier that BA would blow away Lamb in Lambs own offense.
now you're talking out the you know what.. the only thing i don't believe in is BS.

and saying Lamb is better than BA because of stats and what the Cowboys channel thinks is true (ESPN) is foolish.

Dude you're acting like a homer. Stats actually do matter. Production matters.

ill leave it at that
a homer? So BA wouldn't have better stats given another 60 receptions ?

I bet you think Dak is better than Purdy because of stats lol

If you take aiyuks production this year and extrapolate it over 180 targets - he would have had (75 more than he got and lamb got more than 180 targets).

128 receptions
2,291 yards. Lol
that's why i said earlier that BA would blow away Lamb in Lambs own offense.

I mean I agree that lamb is good but let's not act like Aiyuk is some scrub.

I think Aiyuk is a top 5 -7 WR. Especially since he is selfless and a great blocker.

i think if we are ranking WRs, Aiyuk and lamb are very close to each other. Neck and neck. Which is a big reason why lambs looming extension concerns me regarding our chances of signing Aiyuk.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 30, 2024 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
lol Cohn in a nutshell

4. CB Isaac Yiadom

Got beaten easily by Jauan Jennings during 1 on 1s and gave up a long touchdown catch to Samuel during 11 on 11s. During OTAs and minicamp, I got the impression that Yiadom would be a good player for the 49ers this year, but I was wrong. He's a liability. They need a young cornerback to step up.

Tomorrow Isaac will be good and then grant will say he's our only good CB lol. Rinse and repeat

Iol pretty much

It's all silly

Grant has actually admitted to saying controversial stuff just to get clicks (He said so to John Chapman). He goes back-and-forth on players that have one bad practice saying they suck to one good practice saying they might be very good or great. I think we all know this by now but if anyone didn't, that's his deal. He's doing it on purpose. He really doesn't believe most of what he says. He just wants to make as much money as possible.
no one saying BA is jerry rice. it's just simple addition. you also can't deny playing the averages, then back that up with opinions.

there's all this film and Lamb isn't going against doubles all game. Lamb isn't that guy you think he is

Yeah....you are. If you think that Aiyuk would just 'blow away' Lamb in numbers based on if he got the targets that CDL got....then yes....you ARE putting him Jerry Rice territory, because that's the only type of talent that would dominate a top 5 type receiver.

This is simple football. Aiyuk took advantage of a situation where he is in a run-oriented system, and capitalized on tons of play action/1v1 coverages and succeeded in those scenarios given that defenses were not concentrating on him or the passing game. CDL WAS the focus of opposing defenses week in, week out, on top of the fact that those defenses concentrated on playing the pass first, and still was a dominant force.

I mean....do you actually think that Purdy would be averaging nearly 10 yards a throw, hitting nearly 70% of his passes, if he was throwing 600-700+ times a year? Those 'efficiency' numbers drastically drop if he was 'forced' to rely on his right arm.

This is a common fact throughout the history of the NFL. The history proves you wrong. BA is a fine receiver....I would comfortably put him in the top 20. He's not Lamb, and most people realize this.
The best news of the day? Moody made all his kicks today! Lol

hes 18/19 in camp so far. Much better start to camp than last year. Let's go!
Aiyuk may be the better pure reciever skill but I still think deebo is the better football player. He brings more to the table and is a massive burden on a defense.

I think deebo is about to have a huge year. I think he regains his status as our #1 WR threat.
Aiyuk may be the better pure reciever skill but I still think deebo is the better football player. He brings more to the table and is a massive burden on a defense.

I think deebo is about to have a huge year. I think he regains his status as our #1 WR threat.

Someone in the BA thread really thought Deebo was going to be left off the list.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
no one saying BA is jerry rice. it's just simple addition. you also can't deny playing the averages, then back that up with opinions.

there's all this film and Lamb isn't going against doubles all game. Lamb isn't that guy you think he is

Yeah....you are. If you think that Aiyuk would just 'blow away' Lamb in numbers based on if he got the targets that CDL got....then yes....you ARE putting him Jerry Rice territory, because that's the only type of talent that would dominate a top 5 type receiver.

This is simple football. Aiyuk took advantage of a situation where he is in a run-oriented system, and capitalized on tons of play action/1v1 coverages and succeeded in those scenarios given that defenses were not concentrating on him or the passing game. CDL WAS the focus of opposing defenses week in, week out, on top of the fact that those defenses concentrated on playing the pass first, and still was a dominant force.

I mean....do you actually think that Purdy would be averaging nearly 10 yards a throw, hitting nearly 70% of his passes, if he was throwing 600-700+ times a year? Those 'efficiency' numbers drastically drop if he was 'forced' to rely on his right arm.

This is a common fact throughout the history of the NFL. The history proves you wrong. BA is a fine receiver....I would comfortably put him in the top 20. He's not Lamb, and most people realize this.
you can pull all Lambs tape, no one is trying to stop him lol. So this whole "team focus" on him is BS. The only time a team really focused on him was in the playoffs

whats with this 600-700 talk, Purdy doesn't need to throw that much more to get Aiyuk to pass surpass Lamb

deebo is without a doubt more crucial to our success. he is a unicorn. there are many aiyuks in the nfl and coming out of college every year tbh

Especially if Ayuik does not pull his head out and sign for 28 to 30 mil. I like Deebo as a pure football player however his shelf life is less because of it. I like his personality after watching his interviews and Receiver on Netflix, a lot of heart.

I hope he does well he deserves a good year working hard this offseason.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
deebo is without a doubt more crucial to our success. he is a unicorn. there are many aiyuks in the nfl and coming out of college every year tbh

Yet we don't have one currently on our team beside's Aiyuk. So much so that are playing Gray and Jennings as the X receiver.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yet we don't have one currently on our team beside's Aiyuk. So much so that are playing Gray and Jennings as the X receiver.

Originally posted by bassmanr:

Especially if Ayuik does not pull his head out and sign for 28 to 30 mil. I like Deebo as a pure football player however his shelf life is less because of it. I like his personality after watching his interviews and Receiver on Netflix, a lot of heart.

I hope he does well he deserves a good year working hard this offseason.

Yeah his super physical playing style def shortens his longevity - same for a guy like Kittle. If Kittle wants to play for 13+ years, he would need to focus less on playing physical and more on recieving (like Kelce) but idk if could do that. It's such a big part of what makes them special and how they wear down a defense.

i think a legitimate case could be made that the most important players in our offense (skill possession wise) goes:
1. CMC
2. Kittle
3. Deebo
4. Juice

I think juice is critical to our run success too. All those guys can do so much that it enables the play calling to remain hidden in so many different sets - really helps the offense roll.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 30, 2024 at 7:52 PM ]

Im really excited about Puni. I think he locks down the RG spot. I've heard nothing but positive news in camp about him, so far. Hopefully he keeps it up.

my worry about rooks is really just the longevity of the season - they aren't used to. Can he play well for an entire season, we will see!

Im really excited about Puni. I think he locks down the RG spot. I've heard nothing but positive news in camp about him, so far. Hopefully he keeps it up.

my worry about rooks is really just the longevity of the season - they aren't used to. Can he play well for an entire season, we will see!
While he might lock up the RG position, he still has a lot to learn from savy DTs
Share 49ersWebzone