There are 154 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did that second throw to CMC seem more effortless for Brock than it did last year? Seems to have added more zip to his passes. That or his arm is just healthier
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Im really excited about Puni. I think he locks down the RG spot. I've heard nothing but positive news in camp about him, so far. Hopefully he keeps it up.

my worry about rooks is really just the longevity of the season - they aren't used to. Can he play well for an entire season, we will see!
While he might lock up the RG position, he still has a lot to learn from savy DTs

Well let's hope he learns it cause Burford def hasn't learned it. Lol
Did that second throw to CMC seem more effortless for Brock than it did last year? Seems to have added more zip to his passes. That or his arm is just healthier

Think it's a combination of both. This time last year he was coming off major surgery to that throwing arm and nobody knew if he would play week 1. He also looks bigger and stronger so it wouldn't be surprising if he did add some zip
you can pull all Lambs tape, no one is trying to stop him lol. So this whole "team focus" on him is BS. The only time a team really focused on him was in the playoffs

whats with this 600-700 talk, Purdy doesn't need to throw that much more to get Aiyuk to pass surpass Lamb

Yeah....you don't get it. If you really think defenses that prepare for the Cowboys offense on game week don't start with the passing game/Lamb, then there is nothing else to talk about regarding this discussion. Aiyuk doesn't garner anywhere near the attention that Lamb does, and an overwhelming amount of NFL personnel would take Lamb over Aiyuk.
So justin jefferson got 100 targets this year and barely got over 1k yards.

the years when he got 1800 (184 targets) & 1600 (167 targets) - so obviously there is a correlation to yards and targets, aka opportunity.

Aiyuk got 300 more yards than JJ this year with nearly the same opportunities. I'm not saying Aiyuk is better than Jefferson.

What I'm saying is that Aiyuk is good and it's dumb to think lamb is so amazing and so much better than Aiyuk simply cause he has more yards. Aiyuk would have 1600-1800 yards easily if he got an additional 80 targets.

These guys you're drooling over, JJ & Lamb, are good players. They also get an insane amount of targets which help them get a ton of stats. Which they should have ridiculous stats with an insane amount of targets. They're getting the ball thrown to them nearly 200 times a year. Aiyuk is getting half of that and still extremely productive and efficient. so thinking someone would take Aiyuk over Lamb isn't a crazy thing to say - it's looking beyond the basic stats.

the rate that Aiyuk went this year, if he got as many targets as Lamb - his stats would of been:
180 targets (75 more than he got):
128 receptions
2,291 yards

his YPC would of probably dropped but it's safe to say that if Aiyuk got 180 targets this year - he would of easily got 1800+

So he's as good as JJ…if not better? Then why is anyone crying about paying him $30M+?

ya'll are silly sometimes…."BA is clearly the best WR in football…He just needs more targets" "BUT no way is he worth being paid as much as JJ" 😝

folks telling me stats don't matter, yet here we are talking about what if stats to make it sound like he's just as good…or better?
a homer? So BA wouldn't have better stats given another 60 receptions ?

I bet you think Dak is better than Purdy because of stats lol

I think Dak is actually a good QB. I never said he wouldn't have better stats. Don't be dumb.

you think his Y/R stays the same if he has 60 more receptions? Statistics say otherwise.

your rebuttal is made up what ifs. You're concluding that he's better based of things that haven't happened. I'm saying Lamb is better based on what he's actually done on the field for multiple years. I think they're both top 10 WRs and should be paid. One should make more money than the other…which is the WHOLE debate.
If you take aiyuks production this year and extrapolate it over 180 targets - he would have had (75 more than he got and lamb got more than 180 targets).

128 receptions
2,291 yards. Lol

Only that's not how it works lol. Now take away kittle/deebo/CMC/purdy and Kyle from that equation. Now BA is the sole focus of a defense.

I wouldn't even get into Dallas' OL which wasn't great and the fact that they had to actually pass-protect because they running game stunk.

acting like Y/R is a static stat is silly. You act like every Y/R he gets will still be at 17.9 clip (which was an outlier compared to his other yrs). That's not reality when he gets more targets. It will go down.

I mean if you think that's his numbers anywhere else…then you should be at the front of the line to pay BA whatever the f**k he wants. He's clearly the best WR in football and it's not close. If not we should be able to trade multiple 1sts for the next Jerry Rice.
Listening to locked on 49ers with Crock and Peacock who watch the practice.

-they thought Puni looked like an animal out there. Looks comfortable and might fight for a starting spot if he keeps playing like that.

-Lenior looks like he's ready to go to the next level.

-Brock's deep ball to Deebo was one of the prettiest passes they've ever seen. They talked about his second half and overall the feeling is he's being late on some of these bad throws/ints. His lack of true arm strength doesn't allow him that wiggle room to be late. He's a timing based QB and that's where he's best.

Couple of those "ints" were likely sacks and some of those throws won't be thrown in a game.

-they thought Puni looked like an animal out there. Looks comfortable and might fight for a starting spot if he keeps playing like that.

-Brock's deep ball to Deebo was one of the prettiest passes they've ever seen. They talked about his second half and overall the feeling is he's being late on some of these bad throws/ints. His lack of true arm strength doesn't allow him that wiggle room to be late. He's a timing based QB and that's where he's best.

Couple of those "ints" were likely sacks and some of those throws won't be thrown in a game.

That's where having the monster arm pays off (as long as you have the smarts). This is why I wanted a stronger o-line. Purdy can buy time and scramble to find a guy etc, but that should be the exception, not the norm.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
That's where having the monster arm pays off (as long as you have the smarts). This is why I wanted a stronger o-line. Purdy can buy time and scramble to find a guy etc, but that should be the exception, not the norm.

Burford has almost 35" arms. I still think he might be better on the outside.

I really believe that our secondary is going to be the strength of our defense this year.

if Puni continues to do what he is doing, I don't see anyway how he doesn't get the starting job and that would be huge for us. I'm so glad we finally selected o line players who aren't just good at run blocking.

there's a video of his throw to Deebo and the one to CMC that was beautiful too. Sounds like the corners are making the offense really work for it - just great practice reps for the O, imo.

it's kinda cool to see both sides of the ball make some awesome plays instead of just one side dominating
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 31, 2024 at 6:33 AM ]

if I'm reading this right - the giants liked two of the guys we got.

Pearsall & mustapha
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 31, 2024 at 6:31 AM ]

Pearsall & mustapha

Going off how the Giants draft I don't find this as a positive.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Burford has almost 35" arms. I still think he might be better on the outside.

He's just too heavy footed IMO but I think his mental lapses would be just as problematic, maybe more at OT.

Pearsall & mustapha

Couldn't tell if they had Pearsall as blue or purple…I'm also colorblind
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 31, 2024 at 8:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone