LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 146 users in the forums

2024 Training camp news/highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

Jimmy G has to be the biggest scam run by an Italian since prohibition.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Hey now 🤌🤌

He is a Fugazi of a real nfl qb.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hey now 🤌🤌

Prohibition wasn't started or run by Italians. They were just smart enough to take advantage of a law that was very unpopular with the majority of the country. The scam was that the country would accept it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
same for us. Lol Aiyuk said he thought the deal was done early in the off season. Def cost us more by not closing the deal then

No way Aiyuk was going to sign early his only leverage was to wait until the majority of wrs were extended. That's exactly what he and his agent have done.

Aiyuk said it himself - there where a couple times early in the off season where I thought they had a deal done and was getting ready for the signing/press conference.

they must of been really close and then something came up a few times that delayed it, then other WRs started signing and the market exploded. Then Aiyuk wanted more cause the market went up and up. Now we are were we are.

people seem to forget that at the end of the season, Aiyuk was looking at approx $23M a year deal as market value at the time.

It makes more sense to me that Aiyuk delayed it knowing the market because everyone expected it. But who knows

Yeah, I'm not sure. Im just going off of what Aiyuk said but that may be the case. I do tend to believe the team did it because paarag and his team are notoriously stingy and almost always get team friendly terms unless you're a superstar like Bosa.

i was hoping we would have good news by now. Bummer

The 49ers are "stingy"….
ummm no they are not
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
same for us. Lol Aiyuk said he thought the deal was done early in the off season. Def cost us more by not closing the deal then

No way Aiyuk was going to sign early his only leverage was to wait until the majority of wrs were extended. That's exactly what he and his agent have done.

Aiyuk said it himself - there where a couple times early in the off season where I thought they had a deal done and was getting ready for the signing/press conference.

they must of been really close and then something came up a few times that delayed it, then other WRs started signing and the market exploded. Then Aiyuk wanted more cause the market went up and up. Now we are were we are.

people seem to forget that at the end of the season, Aiyuk was looking at approx $23M a year deal as market value at the time.

It makes more sense to me that Aiyuk delayed it knowing the market because everyone expected it. But who knows

Yeah, I'm not sure. Im just going off of what Aiyuk said but that may be the case. I do tend to believe the team did it because paarag and his team are notoriously stingy and almost always get team friendly terms unless you're a superstar like Bosa.

The 49ers are "stingy"….
ummm no they are not

The 49ers are anything but stingy. They have some of the highest aid players in the league. That's why they're playing hardball here. They know that they're probably going to be paying Purdy big money in the near future. The reason they have a top notch roster is because they've been able to negotiate the cap and keep most of their top talent.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Hey now 🤌🤌

Prohibition wasn't started or run by Italians. They were just smart enough to take advantage of a law that was very unpopular with the majority of the country. The scam was that the country would accept it.

No, it was started by women, who pushed for the 18th amendment. Then we immediately rewarded them with the 19th amendment giving them the right to vote! How stupid was That!

JUST KIDDING !

The 49ers are "stingy"….
ummm no they are not

The 49ers are anything but stingy. They have some of the highest aid players in the league. That's why they're playing hardball here. They know that they're probably going to be paying Purdy big money in the near future. The reason they have a top notch roster is because they've been able to negotiate the cap and keep most of their top talent.

"Stingy" means more than just doesn't give money. It can be unwilling to give OR spend but in contracts that can be a lot more than money. Generally it's terms, the niners don't ALMOST ALWAYS get team friendly structure and terms because they're generous. They do it cause they fight tooth and nail to protect their salary cap - which is why our cap situation is almost always in a healthy situation, unlike teams like the rams or saints etc.

we pay players, the players that should be spent on, but we don't give dumb contracts out - that's typically what helps keep a salary cap healthy.. they want options and outs on contracts so they can jump ship after a year or two etc on a lot of contracts. They're shrewd

this front office doesn't just give out whatever a player wants. They fight tooth and nail for everything, as they should. Some players look at "it's just a couple mil here and there" and that isn't something this front office will just hand out.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 2, 2024 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Hey now 🤌🤌

No, it was started by women, who pushed for the 18th amendment. Then we immediately rewarded them with the 19th amendment giving them the right to vote! How stupid was That!

JUST KIDDING !

lol but the first part is right - prohibition was mainly put in Place because of women. Then it made organized crime (Italian, Irish, Jewish etc) insane fortunes that helped them infiltrate society for nearly the next 70 years on a mass scale.

Joe Kennedy played a big part in it. Lol dude was a ruthless "businessman".

The 49ers are "stingy"….
ummm no they are not

"Stingy" means more than just doesn't give money. It can be unwilling to give OR spend but in contracts that can be a lot more than money. Generally it's terms, the niners don't ALMOST ALWAYS get team friendly structure and terms because they're generous. They do it cause they fight tooth and nail to protect their salary cap - which is why our cap situation is almost always in a healthy situation, unlike teams like the rams or saints etc.

we pay players, the players that should be spent on, but we don't give dumb contracts out - that's typically what helps keep a salary cap healthy..

this front office doesn't just give out whatever a player wants. They fight tooth and nail for everything, as they should. Some players look at "it's just a couple mil here and there" and that isn't something this front office will just hand out.

Half the fans want to pay players no matter what they ask for because they want to keep every guy. The other half feels players are pushing the boundaries and asking for too much. The front office can't take either stance. They have to be concerned with not just that player but how his contract will impact other players on the roster. How many will immediately want more money? How many can they restructure? Not just for this year or next year but 2 or 3 years out since so many contracts get backloaded when they restructure. It's why teams have someone like Paraag to help with the details.

Does that mean Burford is 3rd string?
So no camp yesterday or today?

The 49ers are "stingy"….
ummm no they are not

we pay players, the players that should be spent on, but we don't give dumb contracts out - that's typically what helps keep a salary cap healthy..

Half the fans want to pay players no matter what they ask for because they want to keep every guy. The other half feels players are pushing the boundaries and asking for too much. The front office can't take either stance. They have to be concerned with not just that player but how his contract will impact other players on the roster. How many will immediately want more money? How many can they restructure? Not just for this year or next year but 2 or 3 years out since so many contracts get backloaded when they restructure. It's why teams have someone like Paraag to help with the details.

Yeah, lynch has mentioned numerous times that they're always looking at how contracts and the cap look 2-4 years down the road.

Only players of someone like Bosa and Trent's caliber have the ability to get just about everything they want. Teams have to protect themselves and put themselves in position to have flexibility/ability for other players and opportunities. I'm not saying the team is "stingy" in a bad way - I'm saying they're really shrewd negotiators and a player typically has to accept some things that they may not want to (structure or pay wise) in order to get a deal done here. They reward their best players but don't have them all around generous contracts either.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
So no camp yesterday or today?

There is camp today. They had yesterday off. We should start seeing updates flow in.

[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 2, 2024 at 11:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone